5.0 out of 5 stars St Abbs - East Coast
I purchased this DVD to see the scenes shot on the beaches of the East Coast of Scotland and I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the cast. Helen Bonham carter plays her part wonderfully well (despite the dodgy Scottish accent) and I found myself getting drawn into the storyline. A good chick flick for a rainy day.
Published 23 months ago by E Reid

2.0 out of 5 stars Silly woman
They are speaking a foreign language that I could not understand - and there is NO SUBTITLES. I threw it in the bin but later retreived it, Perhaps if I wear earphones and turn the sound up enough I shall be able to make out what they are on about. As far as I could make out it is about a woman who gets pregnant by a waster who she should have dumped at first sight.
Published 2 months ago by Thomas Watkins

2.0 out of 5 stars Silly woman, 7 May 2015

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, watchable, predictable., 7 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Women Talking Dirty [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
Big fan of HBC but this film was a touch too predictable and formulaic for me. Perfectly watchable though just not great. No real use was made of the "neighbour" characters, they just seemed to be there to pad out the cast. I enjoyed the ending however, a nice feelgood moment. Not sure why they chose this title for the film?

5.0 out of 5 stars St Abbs - East Coast, 14 Aug. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars illuminating, 17 Jan. 2014
B. Zabavnik (down town shepherds bush beneath the BBC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Women Talking Dirty [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
This is never going to be seen before the 11 pm watershed since it is too racy. For some reason it came quite a bit later than a dvd ordered at the same time so it must be extracted from from dark vault where they keep the more salicious films.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this film., 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Women Talking Dirty [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
This is probably my favourite Helena Bonham Carter film and I have seen all of them! It's funny, feel-good & just so much better than I was ever expecting it to be! Definitely recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great film, 6 Mar. 2010
Me, Myself & I (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I originally bought this film as the storyline sounded good and also as it was filmed partly in Edinburgh so it was interesting to see what areas they had filmed.

The was the first feature film that was produced by the director that created Tantrums and Tiaras, David Furnish and shows a promising career in film.

This was very funny in places and had a number of great actors and actress including Gina McKee, Helena Bohnam Caater and Richard Wilson.

Definately recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Women talking dirty DVD, 9 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Women Talking Dirty [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
Loved this film, never heard of it until the day I bought it. Only bought as I love these two ladies

Good british film

Quick delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable film, 6 July 2013
Helen (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
easily watchable and enjoyable film as long as you don't mind the language! It arrived quickly and well packaged -- what the money: great value.

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable movie, 14 Jan. 2011
I bought this DVD because I love the book by Isla Dewar and the film was just as enjoyable. Helena Bonham Carter, was I think, trying to speak with a Scottish accent but it changed from scene to scene and at the beginning I thought she was Irish! That aside, the rest of the cast did a great job and you really do get engrossed with the characters. The film is set in Edinburgh so great scenery and views of the castle, High Street etc. An enjoyable, lighthearted film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good film :), 3 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Women Talking Dirty [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
Good film, and great condition.
Its shame they dont make even more funnier, like urm like Miranda hart. lol :)

Women Talking Dirty [DVD] [2001]
Women Talking Dirty [DVD] [2001] by Coky Giedroyc (DVD - 2004)