Format: DVD|Change

on 16 February 2004
Camp... where shall i begin. I saw Camp with my friends at an odeon cinema, early summer 2003. It has been called 'a comedy about drama.' Maybe the odd funny moment, but i wouldnt call it a comedy. The film itself is about a large group of teenages from around america going to a school of arts camp, there they do many shows including singing, dancing and acting. The characters that really stood out for me were Alana Ellen, who plays Jill, with her looks and an 'i want it, i get it' personality she is the first to take interest in Daniel Letterle, who plays Vlad. Vlad is a character with stunning looks, he has a fling with around 4 of the girls in the camp, which stuns all of them when they find out he has a girlfriend. Jenna is a amazing girl she proves her crazy parents wrong by proving its whats inside that counts, not what you look like on the outside but shocking them with her amazing singing voice.
Overall Camp is an excellent film, i would recommend it to any teenagers who want to be famous, and like to have a giggle.
on 3 September 2005
What a great film! Anyone who enjoys musicals will love this, including heartfelt songs and completely ridiculous but funny ones. 'How shall I see you through my tears' is a beautiful song as well as 'I sing for you' and 'Here's where I stand'.

The story follows a few kids who go 2 a camp because they're all special in different ways but people don't always see what's on the inside. I think everyone at one point or another can relate to it in some way whether it be - wanting 2 be liked, accepting yourself for who you are.

SPECIAL FEATURES
They're ok but could be much better. There's a making of the film which could've been more in depth about what happens backstage with the singing and dancing. There's deleted scenes which you can understand why they weren't needed although very funny and a live performance of the song - how shall i see you through my tears.
Best part of the special features is the fact that you can select out all the songs from the film so you dont have 2 watch parts of the film again to get to a particular song. It also comes with a booklet with lyrics to 5 songs.
on 6 February 2004
I saw this film in trailers, and heard the singing and thought! i must see that film!
I went to the cinema and have never loved a film so much!
I saw the film in the cinema three times, even going on my own once cos nobody else would come with me!
This film is a must see, that will fill an already reserved slot on my dvd shelf the day it is released!
The characters are hilarious, the music fabulous and the overall story just wonderful!
Hope you enjoy as much as i did
Chris x
on 20 March 2006
i thought this film was really good especially for teens. it has quite a strange plot but is upbeat in a strange way and i really enjoyed wathing it with my friends. sometimes some of the things that happen arent very realistic but are interesting all the same. i really enjoyed this film and would recommend it to others.
on 5 February 2004
This is my all time favourite movie bar none.
It is a feel good film that everyone will enjoy; whatever age, race or sexuality. It is based around a summer school camp of the misfits of our schools who enjoy singing, dance and drama. To the rest of America they are nobodys, but when they are put together, they make beautiful music - maybe in more ways than one!
This film is full of laughs and heart breaking moments. The songs are beautifully written and selected to form an amazing soundtrack, with the powerful 'How Shall I See You Through My Tears' which opens the film and 'Here's Where I Stand' which has been nominated for a 2003 Academy Award for Best Original Song. The spectacular performances of the young talented cast make the characters unforgettable.
This is a must have DVD in every personal collection. I love it and I'm sure you will too.
on 25 August 2005
I love this film! my favourite film of all time
its a must see
This film shows the lives of a group of teenagers who all have one thing in common, the love for musical theatre!
It has a story line that all teens can relate too and is a great film for all ages.
Also check out the soundtrack to the film, which features all the songs performed by the cast of the film
on 26 April 2006
Yes it's cheesey, soppy, over emotional, but that's a fair description of the characters this movie is about, and I'm guessing the people this will appeal to and I count myself amoung them.

The vocal perfomances are amazing. The opening scene of how can I see you through my tears is a visual/musical masterpeice that would be worth of a director like Paul Thomas Anderson.

This is a fun drama with the edge of comedy. Forget the narrative structure, this film would have worked just as well without one, as a series of scenes, in a Gummo kind of way.

I love it.
on 3 May 2014
The beginning isn't all that good, but after a while a long...while, it does get better.

but basically to me it just seemed all about one guy who flirts with every girl but then thinks he might be gay but then nothing happens,

honestly its not all that good.
on 29 April 2004
this film was fantastic. it was funny and emotional, and the soundtrack isfantastic.i saw this film at the pictures and could not wait for it tocome out on DVD!
this is a great film for anyone who loves music dramanad dance.
not to be missed!
on 4 June 2004
Camp is one the best movies you'll ever see. If you do or don't like musicals you'll still like this one! I've been watching it everyday all day for the past 2 weeks! i'm in love with this movie... its my favorite!