Format: Audio CDChange

on 30 September 2013
I originally bought the vinyl album when it came out and hadn't listened to it for a long time when I finally got this CD version.
Pity the original front cover has been changed since it was hilarious. The album comes from a period in reggae when it's
popularity and creativity was high. Age has not diminished it's delights. Recommended without hesitation.
on 17 June 2007
I believe this was U-Roy's 1st and best Album on Virgin Subsidiary Front Line lable and it is a GEM!! The Originator is sharp, direct, cool and Baaaad!!

A must have for U-Roy or Toasting fanantics.
on 5 May 2015
The songs on this album are flawless. U-Roy toasts over every riddim with perfect timing in your typical lovable patois reggae phrases and the musicians play as equally well (particularly the drummer). Chalice in the Palace is one of my favourite reggae songs and every track on this album is unmissable.
But sadly, the only bad thing I have to point out about this product is the actual audio quality of this CD itself. It sounds very tinny and distorted in places with barely any warmth or bass at all which (without trying to sound fussy) really ruins it. I've heard other recordings of this album (both on vinyl and CD) that sound a lot better than the mixes on this one. I also bought another U-Roy album (Natty Rebel) from this Front Line label and again, heard the same thing. I'm not sure if Front Line remix or remaster the albums they release but I honestly think the other versions of this album I've heard sound a lot more authentic and warmer than this.
Like I say, this is a must hear album, but I'm not sure if this particular release is the best version to go for.