Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 April 2004
Even though their third album stalled and eventually became their swansong, I've always loved Dubstar.

It was criminal there was no best of, and low and behold now there is!

The inclusion of a couple of rarities (including 'In Charge' from the Shooting Fish OST and their cover of Pet Shop Boys 'Jealousy' from the EMI 'Come Again' collection) on this should appeal to the collector, while the inclusion of "the hits" should appeal to those who know them for 'Stars' and "that other song they did".
Just a bit disappointed that their amazing cover of Billy Bragg's 'St.Swithins Day' wasn't included.
on 12 September 2009
This CD is absolutely brilliant and brought back loads of memories of the 1990's when I was in my late teens and single. I love the line "I was making myself the usual cup of tea" from I'm not so manic now. The song "no more talk" was and still is my absolute favourite. The last 6 tracks are possibly the weakest but don't let this put you off buying it. The song "I will be your girlfriend" is very tongue in cheek about relationships but the lyrics make the song. The only dissapointment is that they didn't put the dance mix of "Stars" on this cd which I recall and is on Youtube. Dubstar are very much an under rated band but are a great alternative sound to listen to.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 October 2015
Dubstar worked with the likes of The Pet Shop Boys and New Order on their critically acclaimed debut album Disgraceful which came out in 1995. By January 1996 Dubstar had arrived in the Top 20 of the UK singles chart with the brilliant "Not So Manic Now". This was followed by a re-released "Stars" my personal favourite, which marked Dubstar's UK chart zenith.

This compilation album was released in 2004. Their songs are slightly droll but in a brilliant way. I love the line "I was making myself the usual cup of tea when the doorbell strangely rang" from ‘Not So Manic Now’. The band are very good at talking about the mundane and ordinary in day to day life. I think their best work came early on, but feel they deserved more success than they had. A very enjoyable album.
on 17 January 2008
I ordered this and it does not contain either 'In Charge' or 'Jealousy' so I was very disappointed. Are there 2 versions of this album and which one is amazon selling?
on 25 June 2011
I bought the CD single of "No more talk" but that was the only Dubstar track I had until I came across this CD. I think they were an underrated band & Steve Hillier is a fine songwriter. This CD is a good showcase of their work although some fans feel that other tracks should have been included - but then I suppose that happens to other bands too.
on 5 February 2013
came across this on amazon when was looking for something else, really enjoyed it, more hits than i remember.takes me back to the 90s :-)
on 22 August 2013
Bought for my son, he loves it.
He would recommend this CD to music lovers of any age, me even!
on 23 May 2006
Their version of Jealousy is gorgeous. Really stunning. It was originally on an album called Come Together which was full of slightly obscure cover versions, I stumbled across it when I was working as a radio DJ.

Never seen Dubstar's version of Jealousy since, and am delighted it's on here.