Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 October 2008
Albert King was a great singer and guitarist, who had his greatest commercial successes on the legendary STAX label. These recordings were made in 1977 a few years after the closure of Stax in 1974 and feature top notch New Orleans musicians the Meters. This is a very good collection of recordings - most of them being remade versions of his earlier songs such as 'Angel of mercy' and 'Born under a bad sign' and is well worth buying, however, if you haven't already got them, the originals on Stax are even better! Check out Albert Kings best of compilation on STAX it is a 1st rate CD full of all time classic Blues / soul recordings.
on 18 July 2008
A few years ago I'd heard of Albert but never heard a song. I picked this up dirt cheap in a store closing down sale for 99 pence new. Was I glad I did, a great way to get a taste for Mr King. Since then I've bought loads of his stuff and my only regret is that I didn't take a chance sooner.