4.5 out of 5 stars1,216
Colour: Silver|Change

on 9 October 2009
Having had a couple of different makes of airers, this is the first one which didn't break/collapse under the weight of large bath towels, duvet covers and the like! I've had an old one (don't remember the make) for many years which has held countless amounts of the 'heavy stuff' without a murmur, but since our daughter moved back in with us, plus grand-daughter, one wasn't enough. I'd lost faith in finding a similar airer to my old one but having found this one, I'm happy! It's not QUITE as strong as my old one - it's a bit bendy - but it does the job and didn't break after two weeks! (Maybe it's bendy on for the same reason that trees sway in the wind?)

For anybody looking for a PROPER airer, this is the one to get.

UPDATE JULY 2011. Having used this for 20 months on a very regular basis (three times a week minimum) it's wearing well with no problems at all. It still takes heavy bath towels and duvet covers. For those who say the corners keep falling off, well - just shove them back on again - it's not rocket science! Neither have we ever trapped our fingers when folding it - it just needs a bit of care and attention. In fact I'm going to have to get another one, as my trusty ancient dryer has finally broken after about 15 years of use. I can't even remember what make it was, it's so old!

UPDATE OCTOBER 2011. I don't know what people DO to their airers, but I have to say that with constant use, AND with heavy items like bath sheets and king-size duvet covers, our is still going strong after two years with absolutely no problems at all! Still nobody has yet trapped their fingers and far from the hinges coming apart, it's the opposite - they take some prising apart! I'm about to get the second one (having said I was getting one in July, I never got round to it as the old one was just about hanging on, although with a heavy list to port or starboard, depending which way you were looking at it!

UPDATE APRIL 2015. They're still going strong, so really can't get better than that. Five years of pretty heavy duty use makes these airers a really good buy (unless they've gone and changed them of course!!)
77 comments|274 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 August 2008
This airer easily folds away when you are finished with it and does not take up much space.

I have had stronger airers in the past, but this one still copes with the weight of the wet clothes without any problems.
0Comment|109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 February 2009
Minky Trio Concertina Tubular Clothes Airer, Silver
This arrived very promptly and was put into use immediately. Instructions were easy to follow and there is plenty space for drying clothes. Money well spent.
on 8 January 2008
I bought one of these a few years ago when previous cheap alternatives had broken in more than one place! I've been really pleased with it and have used it most weeks over the past few years. The top corners are also really useful for hangers.

Last week I finally decided to buy an extra one to cope with extra washing in the household. As with so many things it is not quite as well made as the one I bought a few years ago - but still clearly a lot better than anything else we have seen of a similar nature! So as long as we don't actually sit on it I'm optimistic that it will also last for many years!
0Comment|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 July 2008
Minky Trio Concertina Tubular Clothes Airer, Silver
I purchased this item after looking for a clothes airer that could cope with a family of five's washing (three teenagers)!! I have found the Minky Trio to be lightweight but sturdy, ample space for clothes but also compact enough to sit on my landing. I would definitely recommend it.

N.L. Williams - Hoo, Rochester
0Comment|114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 June 2015
Received an inferior cheap tatty chinese knock off product NOT a Minky clothes airer, pile of junk looks like it will fall down and chop any ones fingers off if you look at it wrong,
review image
on 7 December 2007
I bought this rack because it looked solid and well made, but the plastic joints and clips which hold it together are feeble and started to fail almost immediately. After a few months it started to collapse under a normal load of laundry - after less than a year it was landfill. Look elsewhere.
on 4 April 2010
This is a very good product, with bags of space - the only issue I have with it is when you are preparing to collapse it, you have to unclick it, and it tends to collapse very quickly, so mind your fingers. Once you know that, it it very good.
on 11 January 2008
I absolutely loved this airer at first. I had the wide 3-tier version. It looks fantastic and fit a LOT of washing. I was really thrilled with it. But then just 1 month after purchasing it, the plastic clips on the side which hold the airer up, didn't hold and the airer collapsed when I put washing on, leaving my washing all over the floor.. and from thereafter the airer collapsed immediately upon trying to stand it up, because the plastic clips just didn't hold it.. I was so disappointed. and have had to return it.. :o( It really is a shame because but for that small (but absolutely CRUCIAL!!) design flaw, this would be a fantastic product.. I really hope they fix it...
on 5 October 2009
This drier has been fine for over a year. But now, when loaded, it collapses due to wear on the plastic catch. The solution is to tie a cord between the top two bars, so that when the catch gives way, the drier sags but doesn't collapse.

Would I buy one again? No, I'd buy one with a better designed catch.