5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and folds away easily
This airer easily folds away when you are finished with it and does not take up much space.

I have had stronger airers in the past, but this one still copes with the weight of the wet clothes without any problems.
Published on 19 Aug 2008 by S. Chadda

1.0 out of 5 stars collapses with weak catches
Published on 2 Oct 2011 by Caroline Wilkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and folds away easily, 19 Aug 2008
S. Chadda (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minky Trio Concertina Tubular Clothes Airer, Silver (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice & strong!, 9 Oct 2009
MizzyH (South-west England) - See all my reviews
Having had a couple of different makes of airers, this is the first one which didn't break/collapse under the weight of large bath towels, duvet covers and the like! I've had an old one (don't remember the make) for many years which has held countless amounts of the 'heavy stuff' without a murmur, but since our daughter moved back in with us, plus grand-daughter, one wasn't enough. I'd lost faith in finding a similar airer to my old one but having found this one, I'm happy! It's not QUITE as strong as my old one - it's a bit bendy - but it does the job and didn't break after two weeks! (Maybe it's bendy on for the same reason that trees sway in the wind?)

For anybody looking for a PROPER airer, this is the one to get.

UPDATE JULY 2011. Having used this for 20 months on a very regular basis (three times a week minimum) it's wearing well with no problems at all. It still takes heavy bath towels and duvet covers. For those who say the corners keep falling off, well - just shove them back on again - it's not rocket science! Neither have we ever trapped our fingers when folding it - it just needs a bit of care and attention. In fact I'm going to have to get another one, as my trusty ancient dryer has finally broken after about 15 years of use. I can't even remember what make it was, it's so old!

UPDATE OCTOBER 2011. I don't know what people DO to their airers, but I have to say that with constant use, AND with heavy items like bath sheets and king-size duvet covers, our is still going strong after two years with absolutely no problems at all! Still nobody has yet trapped their fingers and far from the hinges coming apart, it's the opposite - they take some prising apart! I'm about to get the second one (having said I was getting one in July, I never got round to it as the old one was just about hanging on, although with a heavy list to port or starboard, depending which way you were looking at it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Drying day saver, 1 Feb 2009
Ms. Elizabeth Simpson "Busy bee" (Aberdeenshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Minky Trio Concertina Tubular Clothes Airer, Silver
This arrived very promptly and was put into use immediately. Instructions were easy to follow and there is plenty space for drying clothes. Money well spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact but spacious, 21 July 2008
Mrs. N. Williams (Rochester, Kent - United kingdom) - See all my reviews
Minky Trio Concertina Tubular Clothes Airer, Silver
I purchased this item after looking for a clothes airer that could cope with a family of five's washing (three teenagers)!! I have found the Minky Trio to be lightweight but sturdy, ample space for clothes but also compact enough to sit on my landing. I would definitely recommend it.

N.L. Williams - Hoo, Rochester

4.0 out of 5 stars Still better than the alternatives!, 8 Jan 2008
I bought one of these a few years ago when previous cheap alternatives had broken in more than one place! I've been really pleased with it and have used it most weeks over the past few years. The top corners are also really useful for hangers.

Last week I finally decided to buy an extra one to cope with extra washing in the household. As with so many things it is not quite as well made as the one I bought a few years ago - but still clearly a lot better than anything else we have seen of a similar nature! So as long as we don't actually sit on it I'm optimistic that it will also last for many years!

1.0 out of 5 stars collapses with weak catches, 2 Oct 2011
Caroline Wilkinson (uk) - See all my reviews
This airer is best avoided. At first I was very pleased with it but it soon began collapsing. The catches are very weak plastic, resulting in them bending then finally snapping. I managed to bodge mine together with carriage screws, nuts and washers. When it finally collapsed for good I bought a Leifheit Pegasus 150 from Amazon after reading the reviews and I am very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 6 Feb 2012
How have I coped with my cheap Argos version all this time! This item is brilliant in every way. It is sturdy, and pops up with ease. There is loads of drying space. It's worth every penny.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and does the job, but weak construction means care is needed if you want it to last, 13 Jun 2012
The Guardian (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This clothes dryer is `cheap and cheerful': good value for the price and performs OK, but too poorly constructed for long service life.

The main problem is the hinged plastic graspers used to keep it rigid in the `in use' position. They are made of cheap, brittle plastic which breaks too easily, rendering the product useless. If you take care and don't put any strain on the rack, then you might get moderate service life from it but beware, any real abuse or even strong weight on the structure and the graspers may break. An additional problem is the tubular metal of the frame structure is also poor quality and weak, and will not stand much force before it bends or breaks.

However for the price you can't expect five-star quality, so you get what you pay for. On the plus side, the design is well thought-out and you can get a lot of garments/towels etc. onto it for effective drying. It also folds away small for easy storage. Be careful with it, and it'll do the job OK.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not up to the job, 10 Nov 2009
The handles that hold this unit together deteriorate after a few months which leads to the airer collapsing while in use. In the past I managed to obtain a new set of handles from Minky however on this occasion after 2 months of emails and phone calls to the company with no response, they have now informed me that they will be unable to supply the handles for 'health and safety' reasons. This is a company and a product best avoided.

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic, functional and it works, 27 Mar 2010
S. Crane - See all my reviews
After 2 months of constant use - loaded with clothes, towels, sheets, etc. - this is a second (additional) Minky Airer for us. It is not perfect: the holes in the corners are not large enough for easy hanging of plastic hangers (but they do fit); you get used to becoming a bit entangled while putting it down - this would be eased by putting the release mechanism at the top rather than bottom where you need to bend down and put your head into the airer to hold the handles; it doesn't fold down as small as I'd like - but then I'd like it to be taller when open.... On the positive: lots of hanging space; vertical takes up less room; they don't scratch our wooden floors when scraped along to move with the sun; they've never fallen down. Oh, a colour choice (at least white) would have been nice - my airer is always in our living space, NOT the laundry room.