5.0 out of 5 stars An unexpected treasure..., 13 Feb 2004
I have to say I hadn't heard of Easyworld before I saw the video for ''Til The Day' on some music channel, and the song stuck in my head and wouldn't leave.
One of the most satisfying aspects of this album are the lyrics and the delivery. There are some brilliant lyrics here, clever without being pretentious, heart wrenching without being cliched, and Dav Ford's voice is an impressive instrument itself. Don't get me wrong - the music and instrumentation are great also, with some uncommon instruments sounding perfect for the brilliantly composed songs they are played in (the electric slide guitar in 'You Have Been Here' and the organ and subtle harmonica in '2nd Amendment' are just a few).
The song 'Tonight' stopped me dead in my tracks. It is possibly one of the loveliest songs I've heard in many years.
There are songs of many different styles here - all out power-pop-rock of '2nd Amendment', to the late night lament of 'Tonight' to the country twang of 'You Have Been Here'. Thankfully, it doesn't sound messy having so many different types though - everything gels together very well indeed.
The bonus disc is a nice inclusion and offer different perspectives of the original tracks, though I think I prefer the main disc (although the casino version of 'When You Come Back, I Won't Be Here' is cheesily brilliant).
I have changed the stars for this a few times whilst writing from four to five to four etc (and I've given loads of five star reviews of late - something I never thought I'd do as I'm usually a little more critical!). But, I'm going to be generous and give this FIVE stars - if only to show what a great album I think it is.
Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easyworld I hardly knew ye....you, 6 Jan 2005
This review is from: Kill The Last Romantic (Audio CD)
This is actually the first of the Easyworld Album's I ever heard and only recently at that and thank god i did. The album is full of energy and happiness with slightly haunting undertones in some some of the songs. Everybody watch out for the amazing tune that is 2nd ammendment, it never fails to make me smile no matter how pants the day has been. These guys are amazing and reminded me of the silverchair diarama time of my life where that CD was permanantly on....this was the same a constant aid to me walking to lectures. it's such a shame they've have split up, I never got to see them live....doh! The vocals of Dav are reminiscent of a placebo style sound but with more soul and passion. So go on everybody listen to the album, love the album and be really annoyed that there is not going to be another one coming (but look at the band's website cos they are all doing their own projects now! yay!There was far too much talent to waste) BUY THIS ALBUM...go on you know you want to

5.0 out of 5 stars A Delve into the unknown, 21 April 2004
This review is from: Kill The Last Romantic (Audio CD)
I'm one of these lads who thinks advertising would never rub off on me. You see adverts and i think well i already know if i like it so why change. The exception to this is easyworld, Reading the music press every week i got bombarded with adverts for kill the last romantic. Reading the little tit bits took my eye and thougt well if it as good as these quotes why not. So off i went to my local high street retailer and purchased this unknown band. On that paticular day i was traveling to london so just as i was entering birmingham i placed it on my cd playa. The moment it starts and the heart felt voice kicks in it's something majestic to hold. The second track was something i'd heard months before but never found out what it was, my face lit up and i swear i shouted yes on the bus to have finally found this track, I was that made up. All melancholy and light till celebrity killer when the guitars and rock side kick in. By track 8 your taken into another heartfelt cry of love by dav. this is truely majestic. More upbeat numbers and bittersweet songs follow untill goodnight. The main bulk of this builds and builds and a banging drum beat getting faster and faster with guitars struggeling to keep up untill in a mighty crussendo your back at the start of the album with a shiver down your spine,looking at starbucks in Victoria station crying with the delight that this album has exceeded your expectations and you are hooked. I'm sure glad i listened to advertising for once. This is truely exceptional. All music lovers should get this. As an aside, check out keane, razorlight and goldie lookin chain. Thank you for reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars An unexpected treasure..., 13 Feb 2004
Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars " easyworld, who are easy world?", 13 Jun 2004
This review is from: Kill The Last Romantic (Audio CD)
This is what i was saying about 2 years ago, whilst struggling to think of a birthday gift for my bro. So i resorted to asking him what he wanted. Then he came out with, "The new easyworld album plase"... Ok problem solved
Ordered their second album "this is where i stand", had a quick listen when it arrived, and kept it for myself. Finally after a wait, Easyworld present their 3rd dose, Kill the last Romantic",...and boy the wait was worth it. This album takes you from the heart break and sadness of losing a loved one to the quirky upbeat song about our "allies" (friendly fire) to the west. But this album also helps reflect on some of the good times, the amazingly touching "goodnight". This album grabs were it hurts and makes you listen, as you smile, cry, reflect, and rejoice.
This album was all i wanted it to be, as a more maturer easyworld please once again. Who knows what the future holds...

5.0 out of 5 stars Searingly beautiful., 6 Mar 2004
G. Bishop (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kill The Last Romantic (Audio CD)
I first saw Easyworld in February 2000 supporting King Adora at Dingwalls, Camden. They were the first act on, and blew me away, in comparison to whoever was on after them, (and before King Adora), and after an emotionally charged 'junkies and whores' i was hooked. Kill the last romantic, is distinctly easyworld (although 'a lot of miles from home' has echoes of placebo's 'burger queen'), the same beauty, power, emotion and diversity of 'This is where I stand', but as with both albums, I find it difficult to pick a favourite out of the two, as they're both breathtaking. Standout tracks have to be the two fingered salute to a certain Mr Bush '2nd Amendment', the lilting 'Til the day', the simple, yet moving 'Tonight', and the beautiful 'Goodnight' (sure to be a regular set-closer when they're live). No other band has me in tears by the end of their gig. Two simple words: BUY IT.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easyworld, kill the last romantic., 10 Dec 2004
Harry Kanagaratnam (Wrexham, Clwyd United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kill The Last Romantic (Audio CD)
Kill the last romantic is not as instantly likable as this is where I stand, a must buy for Easyworld rookies. However, given time, it turns out to be a fantastic album. Don't expect the catchy riffs expressed in the single, 2nd ammendment, as the rest of the album is a slow grower. Even so, Kill the last romantic is a fantastic album, and worthy of many a listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 28 Dec 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Kill The Last Romantic (Audio CD)
another fine piece of music from the easyworld guys and gal.
anyone who enjoyed the last album won't be disapointed, but a word of warning, don't be expecting "this is where i stand pt2". Kill the last romantic displays a much more mature sound, but whilst there is a certain change of style, it's still distinctly easyworld.
standout tracks - til the day, goodnight, all i can remember

5.0 out of 5 stars Its an Easyworld, 2 Oct 2004
By A Customer
Well, the end has come for this magnificent trio, althought the band have officially split it is not to late to be amazed. All i can say is buy the album, and think what you have missed.
After 'This is where i stand' the rocky first full album by the eastbourne band, 'Kill the last Romantic' takes and much maturer look at life. You can tell the band have grown up, as Dav Fords lyrics offer a loving relationship with the listener. They touch you in a way you dont think possible, and you feel you can listen to his genius forever.
The two singles taken from the album, 2nd Ammendment, and 'till the day, can give you just a taste of the thought and care taken in making this album, and the rest of the tracks backup the singles brilliantly.
This album will make you rock, rememeber past days, think and even cry. Although the body of Easyworld has died, may these unsung hero's music rock on forever!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easyworld blow your mind!!!, 4 Nov 2004
This review is from: Kill The Last Romantic (Audio CD)
Easyworld were the most defined group of 2003, what a breakthrough, Kill The Last Romantic, should be the definition of a generation with subtle tunes of orginality! The comparison to JJ72 and Muse, is not a bad one but the underlined ideals of music, speak, to you on a more personal level song by song! A must have!

Kill The Last Romantic
Kill The Last Romantic by Easyworld (Audio CD - 2004)