5.0 out of 5 stars stainless steel cafetiere
This is an excellent cafetiere for anyone who might be worried that the glass type might break. I use one in my caravan where it gets bounced around quite a bit and I bought one for my son for university as I knew it wouldn't last five minutes if made out of glass. It's also a good size, getting two big mugs out of it or several smaller cups.
Published on 5 Oct 2009 by John Blount

2.0 out of 5 stars Unbreakable, but a pain to use
Published on 12 Nov 2011 by Jeremy Levin

5.0 out of 5 stars stainless steel cafetiere, 5 Oct 2009
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress 8 Cup Single Walled Stainless Steel Cafetiere (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Coffee, 4 Jan 2010
Terri "TPE" (Leamington Spa UK) - See all my reviews
Arrived promptly, well packaged and has been used extensively over the Christmas period. Cleaning is a doddle, simply washing up liquid or in the dishwasher.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unbreakable, but a pain to use, 12 Nov 2011
Jeremy Levin (APO, AE United States) - See all my reviews
I thought the other negative reviews were likely from those who had little experience with coffee presses, and having used one for years I thought I knew better. Boy, was I wrong. This press is nice, in that it won't break with an inadvertent whack on the kitchen faucet while cleaning it - which has happened to a couple of previous presses. However, there are some distinctly bad points to this press:

1. The press dribbles down the side more than others I've used. A little dribble is normal - significant amounts of dribble with every use is a pain.

2. The top is a little loose, so it has a habit of popping off the top of the press while pouring coffee - which can end up badly unless you're over the sink.

3. The top is thin metal, which the coffee heats on contact. If you try to hold the top steady while pouring you're liable to burn your fingers.

4. The top knob on the press unscrews, as well as the bottom. If you like to take the press apart for cleaning, the top knob unscrews first and you have to use some tool (e.g. pliers) to unscrew the rest.

I can't give this one star, as it does the job for which I bought it - making coffee and being nigh indestructible. However, I wouldn't buy it again if given the choice and forewarning.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor design, 26 Sep 2009
G. mclaren - See all my reviews
Really unhappy with this product, the mesh allows alot of granules through, making for a v. grainy cup of coffee

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Great, 17 Oct 2009
K. Fraser - See all my reviews
I have broken 3 cafetiere's in the past 6 months, so this one is perfect as it wont break when I inevitably drop it. It is also a good size for lots of coffee, but the plunger lets through alot of grains, leaving you with horrible coffee.

2.0 out of 5 stars Agree with other reviewer about flaws, 29 Aug 2009
mandylouise (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is not the best cafetiere, but it won't break! Its true that when you press the plunger, it sometimes meets resistance (ie: all the coffee grounds floating on the top) and instead of pushing them down, and letting water through the sieve, instead, it seems to give way and squirt coffee up, out of the spout, and all over you. However, if you give the coffee a stir before plunging it won't do this. Not ideal, but it's cheap and breakproof.

5.0 out of 5 stars A long sought - after product., 6 April 2009
Delivered before the promised date! Well made and beautifully finished.Importantly, the internal fittings can be replaced if they are ever damaged by those from any cheap glass cafatiere as they have the same dimensions. I'm very satisfied with it but be warned - it's a slow pourer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Cafetiere, Stainless Steel, 8 Cup, 1 Litre, 29 April 2011
Easy to use great product. Don't be too forceful when pushing the plunger down as the filter does give way slightly. All in all I am happy with the cafetiere.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 20 Dec 2010
I've oredered it from France as I had troubles to find product like that there. It is exactly like on the picture and the description is very accurate. And I've received it within few days, which was excellent!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 30 Jan 2009
Lovely, does exactly as its supposed to and lookks exactly the same as the pics here. Easy to clean.