5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and disturbing, 29 Jan 2005
Suroor Alikhan "suroora" (Geneva, Switzerland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prime Suspect: 6 - The Last Witness [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I've seen all the Prime Suspect series and find them consistently good. Helen Mirren is fantastic as Jane Tennison, supported by an extremely good cast. I find this episode the most complex and disturbing. The murder in this isn't just the work of a criminal, but goes back to the massacres in Bosnia. Tennison follows the lead to Bosnia, and we get a glimpse of the fear and devastation wrought by the war. It's a fitting finale (although I wish they would make some more!).

5.0 out of 5 stars It's lucky all television isn't like this ..., 13 April 2006
This review is from: Prime Suspect: 6 - The Last Witness [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
... because you'd never leave the house at all. Prime Suspect is a terrific show, and this is a fine installment. I watched all three hours of it in one sitting, completely gripped. Plenty has been written about how excellent Helen Mirren is as DCI Tennison, but the excellence extends throughout the entire cast. Even the most minor characters are fully-fleshed, unstereotyped, and convincingly real. None of them has any hint of 'central casting' about them. My favourite was Phoebe Nicholl's grey blur of a spook: dull, round-shouldered, unnoticeable, and wonderfully sinister. And all done in two short scenes. This is television at its best.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best yet, 18 Mar 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Prime Suspect: 6 - The Last Witness [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
Helen Mirren is great as always and I have to say that this is the best Prime Suspect yet. I hope they will make more...

5.0 out of 5 stars FANATSTIC. HELEN MIRREN DOES IT AGAIN!!, 6 Mar 2004
A. Parkinson "levi_1980" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prime Suspect: 6 - The Last Witness [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
The prime suspect series are nothing if not brilliant and this one is no exception. A fanatstic renewal of the character that Mirren was born to play, Jane Tennison is everything that we hope our police women to be. Ruthless, intelligent and do not take any sh*t! This episode does justice to the rest with hard hitting gritty storyline that kept me on the edge of my seat.
This epiosde made me remember the 1st ever episode and made me want to watch them all over again! a must buy for any Mirren fan!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tennison Is Back!, 18 Jan 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Prime Suspect: 6 - The Last Witness [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I cant believe how exellent this new prime suspect is, I think its the best one so far and even after so many years helen mirren can just slip back into character perfectly as Jane Tennison it was such a shame though that lynda la plante wasn't involved at all in prime suspect 6. it is a perfect gift for anyone who has the other prime suspects on DVD already or the Boxset. I will definetly purchasing a copy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Prime Suspect 6 - Brilliant, 23 Aug 2010
This review is from: Prime Suspect: 6 - The Last Witness [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
This was an absolutely gripping mini-series - I thought about it for days after wards - haunting, dramatic and very clever. An extrodiarily brilliant performace from Helen Mirren - great supporting cast around her. Tom Hooper, director, nailing another award winning film/mini-series.

Prime Suspect: 6 - The Last Witness [DVD] [2003]