on 15 March 2004
You always seem to remember programmes from your childhood as something brilliant. Although in reality, you discover that they were actually really rubbish.
A pleasant surprise here then, because SuperTed is very good. Admittedly, it isn't as good as I remember, but there are memories to be had. That is all that is here, though. Children of the current generation may find the voice acting and unlikely stories to be a little tedious. But for those of you with fond memories, you'll find a few gems here.
Whilst it's nice to go through the episodes again, some things are immediately noticeable. There's only 7 episodes which accumulates to around an hour of viewing. It would have been nice to have all the episodes made on one disc rather than a best of. The price is cheap, but I would be willing to pay more if there was an increase in the number of episodes. No extras, promos or nostalgic documentaries, but you can't expect too much. Subtitles would have been nice, though.
To conclude; it's a good DVD, and at the price if you like the show then you should make the purchase. But it would have been much improved with a couple of extra episodes.
on 9 May 2004
I think that Superted had a winning formular for small kids, and I was one when this was on tele. So I loved it. The formular basically revolves around these simple things - 'Cosmic Dust', 'My Secret Special Word', 'Special Powers', 'Rocket Boots', and 'An Ordinary Teddy Bear'.
I mean, how could this fail? It's a kids fantasy!
The truth is that really this is a load of rubbish, with the thhinest of story lines ever. But if you are like me, it's still a great laugh. And you will enjoy it for totally the opposite reasons you liked it as a kid. It really is one of those things that is imbedded into your heart, it doesn't matter that it's actually rubbish.
So go on buy this, and have a laugh at yourself as I kid.
on 13 December 2014
A classic! Bought it for my daughter whose nearly two and she loves it!
on 26 August 2014
it was brought for my granson who loved it thank you amazon
on 22 July 2013
fab condition quick delivery, bought as a gift and i know
they will love it so am really excited to give it to them :)
on 28 December 2015