4.0 out of 5 stars Good Album, Bad Copy Protection
I feared that the music would be the same as the debut album, but I must say it has its subtle differences which make it enjoyable to listen to. The more you listen to it the better it gets.
However I was very dissapointed to find that they have included copy protection on the CD which is yet again PENALISING THOSE OF US WHO ACTUALLY PURCHASE CD's. I found that the...
Published on 16 Feb 2004 by G. Cartmel

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant first three, amazing last one.
I don't get this album. I brought after falling in love with Norah's 'Come away with me' album. I put it on and the first 3 tracks blew me away. 'What am i to you?' Is stunning. "Wow" I thought, this is better than 'Come away with me". Unfortunately I didn't hear another song I liked until the final track 'Don't miss you at all'. I don't regret buying it however because...
Published on 29 April 2005 by Dr. A. Adeniran

‹ Previous | 19 10 11 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Judging from the samples...., 18 Feb 2004
This review is from: Feels Like Home (Audio CD)
I won't buy it. Come Away was totally over-hyped: she has no voice, the title tune was catchy (which is why I bought the CD initially) but the rest of the album was elevator muzak, and this sounds about as interesting. Get Joni Mitchell or Carole King's Tapestry, Nina Simone or Aretha...btw the latest Dido CD has that same copyright protection thing and that's another reason not to buy this CD: I use my iPod to listen to my CDs (and all I own is legal fyi, you muskc execs out there) so if I can't rip it...no point, really.

1.0 out of 5 stars A crashing bore - dull, expressionless and pointless, 12 Feb 2004
This review is from: Feels Like Home (Audio CD)
It is hard to imagine how Ms Norah Jones managed to sing this collection of drab songs with so little feeling. One is tempted to suggest that she cares as little for these songs as I do!
I have heard this album many times now and I can honestly say that it is among the most tedious and unimportant albums I have ever heard. The songs have no direction or vitality and the singer seems to be incapable of expression, passion or enthusiasm. I work in a shop with around thirty other people and the general feelings among my workmates are that this album is terrible, jejune, irritating, prosaic and straight out dreary.
Ms Jones's voice is very limited and she sings in a range of less than an octave. She seems to be incapable or unwilling to open up her voice. Her interpretations lack character and expression, and her basic timbre isn't very interesting. She has a few vocal mannerisms which become annoying after a few songs and there seems to be no depth in her work.
The style of this album is vaguely 'Country' and those who were attracted to the pseudo-Jazz elements of her first album may be disappointed with this new album.
It is tempting to compare Ms Jones's new album to the relatively new recording by Emmylou Harris - her "Stumble Into Grace" album. I didn't like Ms Harris's recording either, but, in retrospect, it is vastly superior to Ms Jones's efforts in every way.
Please, do not buy Norah Jones's new album, it is a waste of your money. However, if you feel that I am being unfair, please make sure you have a good listen to "Feels Like Home" in your music shop before you part with your hard earned money!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 14 Feb 2004
Slightly disappointing.
Some good tracks. But not a patch on Come Away With Me.

2.0 out of 5 stars what a let down!, 9 Mar 2004
This review is from: Feels Like Home (Audio CD)
I reserved my copy of the new Norah Jones CD, having really loved the first one. However I felt quite let down once I received the new CD. It is so boring and samey. The song with Dolly Parton is quite good, and the music is gentle, but the record as a whole is dull as ditch water. I gave the CD to my mum and she was bored with it too!

1.0 out of 5 stars You would be wise to.........., 15 Feb 2004
This review is from: Feels Like Home (Audio CD)
.....save the money you intended spending on this and put it towards the complete back catalogue of Joni Mitchell...that would be money well spent.
This has been done much, much better many years before

1.0 out of 5 stars Snore-ah Jones, 12 Feb 2004
This review is from: Feels Like Home (Audio CD)
After the hugely overrated album Come Away With Me Norah Jones second album is not surprisingly not much different. More songs to send you asleep. Plus as has been previously said with that annoying software so you cannot listen to it easily on a PC. Which is a godsend as I would hate to fall asleep and leave my PC on all night.

1.0 out of 5 stars Feels Like Home, 13 Feb 2004
This review is from: Feels Like Home (Audio CD)
I loved her first album but this is awful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Identity Crisis, 7 Feb 2004
alex (twickenham, middx United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feels Like Home (Audio CD)
Does not get anywhere close to the first album. Confusing styles and lacks the depth one would expect.

1.0 out of 5 stars feels like home / album, 1 July 2004
This review is from: Feels Like Home (Audio CD)
well , deffinatly not her best work , for dedicated fan ? bought it , sold it was not impressed at all , even new youk city CD with peter melik band is better , very dissapointing , and it,s copy protected so will not play on some hi-fi,s would not play in my pioneer or maranz player or car player , another reason to sell it !

1.0 out of 5 stars Over-exposed and over-rated., 11 Feb 2004
This review is from: Feels Like Home (Audio CD)
The Texas born singer is beautiful and talented indeed!
Her first album was OK but too overrated to me.The CD was pleasant but NOT exceptional.Only two tracks were really enjoyable,the remaining were just boring.
The second album is even less interesting.
In few words,the 'case Norah Jones' is simply a fashion trend,people buy her CDs just because everybody does.But they do not listen to her music.
It happened with Diana Krall,and before her,to Harry Connick,Jr.
That's it.
It was not their music,but the marketing and the media system made them big!

‹ Previous | 19 10 11 | Next ›

Feels Like Home
Feels Like Home by Norah Jones (Audio CD - 2004)