4.0 out of 5 stars Good Album, Bad Copy Protection
I feared that the music would be the same as the debut album, but I must say it has its subtle differences which make it enjoyable to listen to. The more you listen to it the better it gets.
Published on 16 Feb. 2004 by G. Cartmel

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant first three, amazing last one.
I don't get this album. I brought after falling in love with Norah's 'Come away with me' album. I put it on and the first 3 tracks blew me away. 'What am i to you?' Is stunning. "Wow" I thought, this is better than 'Come away with me". Unfortunately I didn't hear another song I liked until the final track 'Don't miss you at all'. I don't regret buying it however because...
Published on 29 April 2005 by Dr. A. Adeniran

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Album, Bad Copy Protection, 16 Feb. 2004
G. Cartmel (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feels Like Home (Audio CD)
However I was very dissapointed to find that they have included copy protection on the CD which is yet again PENALISING THOSE OF US WHO ACTUALLY PURCHASE CD's. I found that the CD wouldn't work in my car CD player (one of the places I listen to most of my CD's) and so I am tempted to take the CD back as FAULTY, after all I've paid for the right to listen to the music and I'm being prevented from doing so. It does however work on my PC with RealOne Player installed without having to install the built-in software that comes with it. This seems to defeat the object of the protection!! The computer can read it no problem while the normal player can't!?
When will the record companies realise that they're targetting the wrong people.

4.0 out of 5 stars A mix of Jazz and Country, 2 Feb. 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Feels Like Home (Audio CD)
This much anticipated follow up to Come Away With Me will surprise all those expecting more of the same. The first album was heavily Jazz inspired, this second album owes as much to Country as it does to Jazz. It is a combination which takes getting used to. However, it will reward those who take the time to listen. The most immediate tracks – Those Sweet Words and Toes – would not be out of place on the first album, the remaining tracks are almost a different genre. Indeed, anyone looking for more Jazz inspired works may be better looking at New York City by the Peter Malick Group and featuring Norah Jones on all the vocals.
Norah Jones teams up with Dolly Parton for a duet in Creepin’ In. Not an obvious combination and on first listening you wonder whether you’re on the right album. The Country theme is also strongly evident with The Long Way Home which sounds like 101 Country songs you’ve heard before.
For Norah Jones fans, the superb tonal quality of Jones voice turns what could be an also ran album into one worthy of your collection. It is unlikely to appeal in the same way as the first album, but perhaps that is no bad thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mix of jazzy bluesy songs, 22 Dec. 2004
This review is from: Feels Like Home (Audio CD)
With an extraordinary debut and such as an exceptional album such as Come Away with Me, Norah Jones had a lot live up to. Whilst Feels Like home perhaps resembles her 1st album she nonetheless demonstrates that she is capable of maintaining her class at producing a beautiful mix of jazzy bluesy ballads that are ideal for background music on a lazy laid-back dinner with friends. With this album she proves that she is an established performer who embellishes her music with a band that complements her style and broaden her sound.
Indeed it takes playing the CD a few times to start appreciating the subtleties that have gone into these songs and realise that it is a different album than the 1st one. In any case, why should her style be different, and once we have resolved that into our head we are better able to accept - and enjoy - the reason why it may sound a bit like the Come Way with Me. You get Norah Jones and no one else and that is good enough for me because her style and delivery are sweet and wonderful to hear. I didn't buy this CD to hear someone else, I bought it to hear her songs she way she performs them best, as as if she was live in my living room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the negative reviews... read below, 14 Feb. 2004
This review is from: Feels Like Home (Audio CD)
To those of you who considering buying this album, please do not be put off by some of the bad reviews. Why some of those reviewers bought the album in the first place, I dont know. I can promise you this is a stunning, beautiful album. It may not be as instantly accessible as her debut, but after the first few listens you will realise that this album actually has much more to offer than the first.
The album does sound more country, but the lyrics seem more heart rendering and poignant because of that. However the jazz element has not been neglected, and it still has that Norah edge that made you buy the first album. However I cant help feeling that this album cant be truly appreciated without listening to her debut beforehand.
In summary, pour a few glasses of wine and cosey up with the loved one for a great hour of music, sure to set the mood.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep listening and reap the reward, 20 Feb. 2004
This review is from: Feels Like Home (Audio CD)
I must admit that had I submitted a review after my first one or two listens, I would have reiterated the reservations of a number of other reviewers about this album: very low key in delivery, somewhat almost monotonic and certainly one-paced, and falling below the standards set by her first album.
But then I listened to it more and the subtle complexities of ostensibly simple songs became more apparent. The seeming lack of obvious melodic hooks gives way to a greater depth and the songs become more involving to deliver an album that for me at least is more rewarding than "Come Away with Me". Suddenly, one-time leaden plodders like the opener, "Sunrise" reveal hidden depths and pleasures. It's not all top notch and there are some dips but even those like the duet with Dolly Parton, "Creepin' In" is redeemed by some lovely subtle, Django-esque guitar lines
Definitely then in my opinion an album to perservere with. If you've given up the ghost early on, go back as this album eventually rewards your repeated listens. For new listeners, keep it firmly in the CD player to allow the mood to get to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars NORAH JONES - A REAL BIG STAR IN THE MAKING, 12 April 2004
Jenny (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feels Like Home (Audio CD)
I was a little apprehensive about Norah's "Feels Like Home" on the first few listenings. My initial thought, nowhere near as good as "Come Away With Me" or "New York City". I WAS WRONG. First impressions are not always the best when it comes to musical assessment.
"Come Away With Me" was a hard act to follow but Norah has scored some extra points from me on this album. In my view, the tracks are different from "Come Away With Me". They are more kind of bluesy/folky/Cagean/ballady genres all rolled into the one album. I must confess though, it has taken me a few playings to become firmly attached to the tracks and appreciate them fully. Now, I can't stop listening.
All of the tracks are excellent but I do have my favourites which I rate as follows:
1. What Am I To You - wonderfully bluesy - 10/10
2. Those Sweets Words - beautifully sung ballad - 9/10
3. Be Here To Love Me - fabulously emotional - 10/10
4. Creepin' In - duet with Dolly Parton - Cagean feel - 10/10
5. Humble Me - great rendition by Norah - touching - 10/10
6. Above Ground - very powerful ballad - love it - 10/10
7. The Long Way Home - this one is made for Norah - 10/10
8. The Prettiest Thing - Norah's soft style, wonderful - 10/10
The other musical participants in the album are also to be congratulated. At first I thought to myself, Norah and Dolly in a duet - strange brew indeed. They carry "Creepin' In" off to perfection.
This is an excellent album. My hope for Norah is that she goes from strength to strength but does not get caught up in the pop music scene. As long as she continues to produce the kind of music that she likes, she will become stronger and stronger. I have been a big fan for quite some time.
Of the current crop of female vocalists, I think Norah the best by a mile. However, she is still some way behind my firm No.1 favourite, Eva Cassidy. No-one comes close to Eva. Her sad passing has left the world a little less richer for her musical contribution.
Music lover
Jenny

5.0 out of 5 stars This CD is amazing! Other GREAT Norah CDs I just found too!, 23 Feb. 2004
Amy (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feels Like Home (Audio CD)
I just got the new Norah Jones album, “Feels Like Home” and I have to say I really like it. I wasn’t always a huge fan of hers at first but I heard the album was really good and worth the buy. I agree; I enjoyed it a lot. It’s very relaxing and definitely a good CD to just throw on at work or while driving home and unwinding. My favorite track off the album is “Those Sweet Words.” I liked the way the vocals and piano were in synch…..it reminded me a lot of “Don’t Know Why,” which I always liked hearing on the radio. A friend also lent me their copy of 2 other CDs that Norah was on (I had never even known they existed). I listened and LOVED those tracks as well. If anyone is interested, the other CDs are “New York City” and “Chance and Circumstance” (they are actually listed on Amazon if you search for "Norah." My 2 favorites from those other CDs are “New York City” and “Heart of Mine.” The jazz and blues style they had is amazing and I think I'm going to order a copy of them for my own CD collection as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 24 Feb. 2004
M. Nicholas "mdnicholas" (Solihull, West Midlands. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feels Like Home (Audio CD)
...amongst other words. This is an excellent offering from Norah. Refreshingly different from her last but it gets many more stars in my book because of it. The Handsome Band and special gusts such as Dolly Parton make this one of the best albums in my collection. It has to be listened to in it correct environment - its not the kind of thing to have on when you are thundering down the M1 at 96mph but it should be the first thing you put on when you get in.
Can’t wait for the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the prettiest thing I ever did see...., 16 May 2005
This review is from: Feels Like Home (Audio CD)
I bought this CD because I owned Norah's debut, the amazing Come Away With Me, and loved it. It did not disappoint. She manages a lovely mix of jazz, blues and country, but manages it in such a way that you don't notice, and just enjoy the fabulous music.
Norah has a wonderful mellow, smokey and interesting voice and a real talent for songwriting, as she proved the first time round, and has proved again. This is a brilliant recording, with tracks like The Prettiest Thing, The long Way Home and Above Ground being the very best. It is a must have for all jazz, blues and country fans alike, but also people who just love music, and I would highly reccomend it to anyone.
Now we just have to wait for the third record!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful , but a little bit too 'more of the same', 18 Feb. 2004
This review is from: Feels Like Home (Audio CD)
If you expect Norah Jones (and the handsome band... such a lovely name) to sound radically different in Feels Like Home , you're in for a disappointment. The album has the same groove, with light folk/country touches (especially in the brilliant duet with Dolly Parton Creepin In - a real gem) here and there. So it doesn't have a breakthroguh or an exodus - what it does have is a bunch of excellent songs, written and performed at the highest level popular music has to offer. Not bad for a day's work. Songs like What am I to You? and Toes really give you more of the same wonderful feeling of Come Away With Me. Most of all, it has a lot of soul. Tons of it.
I don't particularly like the low-key mild execution of the songs, but that is the just one blemish, and I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel for it. That says it all.

Feels Like Home
Feels Like Home by Norah Jones (Audio CD - 2004)