on 7 January 2012
This bag actually employs quantum physics defying technology in its manufacture. It is small and unobtrusive, so much so, my daughter accuses me of having a "manbag". However it can take more equipment than you think, I can fit a Bronica ETRSi, with 50mm mounted a second back, 150mm lens, lightmeter, Rocket blower, Olympus XA and flash plus couple of rolls of film AND my Kindle,
OR
Canon fd system: 2 bodies, 28, 50 & 70-210 as well as Olympus, meter, blower etc,
OR
Bronny with 50mm and 1 Canon body with 28 & 50 plus meter and blower etc.
This is an answer to prayer for everyday or lightweight travelling/tourist photography. The quality of manufacture is unsurpassed, the ageless style suitable for both fashion gurus and old gits like me. What's more it doesn't scream "CAMERA, STEAL ME". I do now have to decide what kit I'm gonna take BUT my body thanks me for the lighter loads. I was lucky enough to buy a mint s/h one off eBay but would be happy to buy new at available prices. I would be happy to recommend it.
on 5 April 2015
Billingham Hadley Small.

I've owned the Billingham Hadley Pro for a number of years and its been a great bag to carry my Nikon D300s and lenses around, best bag I've ever owned to be honest, but for the last year or so I've more often been using my Fuji XPro1 camera with 3 lenses and while the Hadley Pro is a great bag I just felt it was too big for my kit, extra size and weight that didn't fit with my kit. I looked around at a few different bags and considered a number of them but I kept coming back to Billingham and the Hadley Small, I looked at this bag before but it was too small for my DSLR kit hence the Hadley Pro, this time though perfect bag for my CSC kit and I know Billinghams quality and pedigree. Yes its an expensive bag but the materials and craftsmanship tell you its premium quality product.

As expected the Hadley Small is the same excellent quality as the Pro just on a smaller scale so fits my needs perfectly, the size of the bag is surprising when you open the box initially, but its like a tardis inside. The bag offers great all around protection for my XPro1 and 3 lenses plus some accessories. The size of the bag might limit some with a DSLR kit unless travelling very light, for me the bag is the perfect size to hold all my CSC kit (if I get an additional lens I have the scope to be able to do that). I've currently got the 18mm, 35mm and the 23mm (23mm mounted on the camera) and just enough space in the bag for the 16-55mm if I decide to get it at a later date. The lenses I have now are more than enough to cover my needs and allow me to really enjoy my photography again without being overloaded with gear. The reason I got a CSC in the first place is so I'd take my camera with me more often and not break my back carrying too much gear with me.

I will keep my Hadley Pro for my DSLR kit for when I use it but the Hadley Small is the perfect bag for my Fuji X kit and I'm glad I went with Billingham again (even re-used my shoulder pad for the strap which can be switched between the two bags).

If your in the market for a good quality bag for a small DSLR or CSC kit then you can't go far wrong with this bag and it'll likely outlast you.
on 17 April 2009
I bought this bag which is of course of very high quality for my newly acquired Canon 40D and its zoom lens. Although it is very well made and beautiful to look at , but it is a tad too small for a camera and a zoom lens.
I am happy with my purchase and would go for another Billingham bag soon.
on 30 December 2014
It is even better than the Billingham Hadley pro for an amateur photographer like me. Best for cameras like fuji XT1 with 2-3 lenses and other essentials.
I have a khaki tan in canvas and a sage tan in fibrenyte. Love them both. Front pockets need some design improvement so they stay aligned. Overall a great bag.
on 18 February 2015
Classic looks and wonderful quality. Holds Fuji XPro-1 plus two extra lenses, flash, charger, spare battery , a couple of filters and an iPad Mini - everything needed for a days shooting. It doesn't shout "camera bag" to most people, and the retro look suits the XPro-1 down to the ground. Perfect.
on 15 May 2013
I have had dozens of camera bags, but this to be one of the best. Sure it is expensive, but this camera bag oozes quality. No brainer putting your expensive kit in a cheap bag.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 July 2015
Good quality, and delivery fast, this is a gift which is for my husband, hope he will like it!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 December 2014
This bag is good for a small rangefinder camera with 3 lenses and ancillary items such as white balance cards and a blower. The canvas is a much better choice for me than nylon since it does not have a tendency to catch. However there is a warning in the accompanying literature to avoid grease, something that I was unaware of prior to purchase. Nevertheless the bag seems to work well in practice, and I am happy with it.
on 8 September 2011
I bought this as a gift for my husband. He has long wanted one of these and is over-the-moon with it. This is a beautiful, classy, top-quality bag which should last a lifetime - well worth the money.
on 26 November 2012
The bag arrived in excellent time, beautifully packed and it looks the business. I bought it for my son and I know he will be delighted with it.

See one answered question