5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic for a 1 year old baby
Published on 9 April 2009 by NatalieB

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for younger children
Older children and adults will find this a little old fashioned. I also felt it lacked a bit of get up and go as all the songs were sung quite slowly, so for me, I wanted it to be a bit more exciting. Having said that, it would be perfect for winding down to before bath or bedtime.
Published on 20 Oct. 2010 by Florida gal

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic for a 1 year old baby, 9 April 2009
This review is from: A Day Full Of Surprises And Songs [DVD] (DVD)
All 3 discs, namely Day full of songs, Day full of surprises and Day full of fun are absolutely fantastic for a 1 year old baby. They may seem quite simplistic, however, they work far better than Baby TV. I think this is because the discs feature real kids singing songs while Baby TV has mostly cartoonish style. The discs became real salvation for me as they can keep him still quite for some time while I can at least have some tea or cook family dinner. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great family singalong for younger children, 31 July 2002
By A Customer
This video has been very popular with our family. It's packed full of songs and keeps the children entertained throughout with interesting changes in location. There are visits to ships, castles, costume hire shops etc. Each set of songs is linked with a series of clues which eventualy lead to a surprise 'treasure'. Dave Benson Phillips is his usual extrovert self, which results in lots of giggles, and the children featured in the video are very natural in their performance and not overly cute. I especially liked the words being shown on screen (perfect for singing along), and also the fact that the songs include some traditional favourites which are not often found in other collections, such as 'Lavender's Blue', 'Lucy Locket' and 'London Bridge is Falling Down'.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great family singalong for younger children, 31 July 2002
By A Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for younger children, 20 Oct. 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun and well made, 17 Aug. 2010
This review is from: A Day Full Of Surprises And Songs [DVD] (DVD)
This is a well thought out fun dvd. I have 4 children ranging from 14 months to 6 who will sit and watch this every time and love it. Dave Benson Phillips is an absolute star in the world of kids tv and the children are obviously enjoying themselves in this - and that transfers to my own when they're watching it.
One of the best quick fix's we have in our house!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 27 Nov. 2011
This review is from: A Day Full Of Surprises And Songs [DVD] (DVD)
I regret wasting my money on this. It is very old-fashioned and the dvd is not interactive enough for my daughter to sing-a-long and jump around. My daughter doesn't enjoy this at all. I have bought the Tweenies dvd which she is more interested in. Anyway for us, the dvd was not good and I wish hadnt wasted my money buying this.

5.0 out of 5 stars very entertaining, 28 July 2009
This review is from: A Day Full Of Surprises And Songs [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this (also other similar DVDs) in the "99p Shop" and they must be the best buys I have ever had. Both of my grand-daughters love them (I went back to shop to buy more, for them to have in their own house). They are more entertaining than a lot of the children's programmes on TV.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit dated, but toddlers don't care!, 19 April 2013
This review is from: A Day Full Of Surprises And Songs [DVD] (DVD)
This is pretty cheesy and dated in terms of style and delivery. However toddlers don't see it that way and enjoy singing along and copying the actions in the DVD. If you are looking for something to entertain young children rather than adults this will fit the bill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment for toddlers!, 4 Dec. 2014
Mrs. N. J. Manchester (Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Day Full Of Surprises And Songs [DVD] (DVD)
My toddler LOVES this DVD. It's a little dated, but that doesn't bother her in the slightest. She loves to join in with the songs and copy the actions. Only problem is now she keeps asking me if we can go and see Rupert Bear! Hmmm...! Would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 July 2014
This review is from: A Day Full Of Surprises And Songs [DVD] (DVD)
Had this 15 years ago for my older children on video format, wanted to have it for my 1 year old knowing how much my older 3 children loved it. Wasn't disappointed,just as brilliant.

A Day Full Of Surprises And Songs [DVD]