5.0 out of 5 stars What a difference.
Published on 13 May 2011 by Technodean

3.0 out of 5 stars More cream than yellow
More cream than yellow. Looks like the colour has faded due to photo-degradation.
Published 3 months ago by T. Monk

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars What a difference., 13 May 2011
This review is from: Belkin Cat6 Snagless UTP Patch Cable (Red) 1m (Accessory)
I bet your looking at this and thinking why should I upgrade to this. I purchased this when I bought a gigabit switch as these are recommended by some forums. Switch got refunded due to seller lying about stock. Decided I got it may as well just plug it in while I wait for another Amazon shop to dispatch. Internet pages came quicker, HD videos on youtube were more consistant, not pausing. Kids use a google add (cheat) on for a game they play on Facebook which took around 20mins to complete, now just over 1 minute. Program goes like the clappers. Your router/ modem goes at a speed its stable at. Cat5 speed was around 2500mhz, cat6 is between 4000mhz and 5000mhz and with my gigabit switch and pci gigabit card ive had it over 7000mhz. Just think of this as a pipe, the wider the pipe the more water can pass through. Also pc world in-store £8.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleasing., 23 April 2013
This review is from: Belkin Cat6 Snagless UTP Patch Cable (Red) 1m (Accessory)
Seems a sturdy cable when compared to cheap no-name alternatives. Rubber around crimp connector feels pretty robust. I bought this and some other colours to replace grey Cat5e cables as I wanted my cables colour co-ordinated according to their use (call me OCD but it's really useful when you have cables everywhere)

Obviously no speed difference over the older Cat5e, since it was already certified for 1Gbps speeds, but the prices were around the same and it's nice to know I'm ready for when 10Gbps (Cat6 rating) becomes more commonplace. If you have the older Cat5 (100Mbps) cables then certainly upgrade to at least Cat5e as most newer devices and switches have Gigabit ports these days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cable, 8 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Belkin Cat6 Snagless UTP Patch Cable (Red) 1m (Accessory)
How can you rate a cable?
This one does exactly what the advert says.
I used this when upgrading from Cat5E and it has made a difference

5.0 out of 5 stars CAT6 Ethernet cable, 12 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Belkin Cat6 Snagless UTP Patch Cable (Red) 1m (Accessory)
The cable is high quality and a bargain compared to shops in the highstreet which charge almost £10 for the same thing.

Using a gigabit router I have managed to get up to 1000Mbps (or 1Gbps if your prefer) network connection. This is 10 times faster than regular cat5. This works brilliantly for the PS3 and has a noticeable speed improvement.

I will definately be upgrading my home network to CAT6 within the next year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical Belkin quality, 3 April 2013
Mr. P. R. Bennett "gel_boy" (Stockport, Cheshire) - See all my reviews
These are of the snagless variety where there is raised rubbery wings either side of the plastic catch. Also has a strain relief to avoid the cable being pulled out of the plug. Perfect for any application especially those where you want to maintain gigabit connectivity. It's a cable, there isn't much more I can say.

5.0 out of 5 stars decent quality cable, 21 Feb. 2013
Item arrived as stated and the cable is better quality then the cat5 cable i was using before. I use this cable between the superhub modem and my Asus RT-N66u. It has helped with increasing speed by atleast 10mb.
Very pleased with the item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Short and sweet, 31 Aug. 2013
Alex (Swansea, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Belkin Cat6 Snagless UTP Patch Cable (Red) 1m (Accessory)
I've heard of a few ethernet cables coming DOA so I wanted to go for a reputable brand. Cable arrived promptly and was plugged in immediately. It works well - not sure what else I can add. Great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Yellow - Beige!, 27 Oct. 2014
Belkin describe the colour as yellow on the packaging. The actual colour is beige! As it is still a different colour to the normal grey I shall keep it. Usual Belkin high quality

4.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Cat6 1m cable, 18 Mar. 2011
Corrinpowers (england) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Belkin Cat6 Snagless UTP Patch Cable (Red) 1m (Accessory)
Good cable,good design.Can say it made any discernable difference to speed or stability,but still 1m is so short a distance it would be surprising I suppose to see much change.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the extra, 1 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Belkin Cat6 Snagless UTP Patch Cable (Red) 1m (Accessory)
Its important to get snagless LAN cables.... really useful when infiltrating the CIA headquarters and Downloading top secret documents. Saved me a lengthy jail term.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›