5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!!
Shows how men who have been cheated, oppressed & abused by authourity can make up their own minds clearly; focus on & achieve laudable goals despite being misunderstood or undervalued. Great story about how man should respect man irrespective of their background. Great cast, great acting.
Published on 8 Feb 2005 by mubitim

3.0 out of 5 stars Its a film remember lol
As a piece of DVD entertainment its fine, the acting is quite good and it was certainly worth the small asking price IMO

Black Americans certainly were part of Western history, and took part in the Civil War

Not the best Western I have seen but also not nearly the worst either
Published on 10 Mar 2011 by B. Covill

3.0 out of 5 stars Its a film remember lol, 10 Mar 2011
B. Covill (Canterbury) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Not the best Western I have seen but also not nearly the worst either

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!!, 8 Feb 2005

1.0 out of 5 stars Just... God... Just the worst film ever, 27 Aug 2009
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Posse [DVD] [1993] (DVD)
This film was so bad, I'm not even going to acknowledge its existence with a review.

*** UPDATE***

I feel compelled to come back and add to my accurate review above, as it seems 4 people have viewed my review and not marked it as helpful. The thought that the message is not getting through, and that copies of this film are being bought horrifies me - so let me expand on what I have written.

I have no idea what the other reviewers are on about (one writes his 83 year old father loved it? - Honestly? Really?!! One can only assume this guy is either the coolest Grandad on the planet and can be seen chillin' on the block, break dancing with his homies - or he was so bemused by the whole thing he didn't dare tell his grandson to spare his feelings. I know where my moneys going on that bet). If the old man loved westerns how can I be so sure, you ask??! Well, because this is no western - it's more of a 'blacksploitation' flick than a western - except Shaft or Dolomite it isn't. Where those titles had a certain 70's cool about them, this, has none.

Also, if you perhaps want to watch this as some sort of comment on black history, this film is in no way any sort of accurate portrayal of anything historical- so again you can forget it.

As I said before - It's not even a western - because westerns don't have terrible R Kelly style R&B soundtracks on them - nor do the cast wear sleeveless, studded leather dusters, glam boots and Swarovski crystal encrusted chaps. The costumes looked more like something out of 'Super freak' singer Rick James' wardrobe than the usual cattle rustlers get-up of the 1800's

This film is a joke on every level - so for the person who left the aggro comment for me I hope that the above goes someway to alleviate your frustrations at my ''inaccurate review'' - I personally think it was spot on first time around.

I do feel better having vented some frustrations about this farce of a film, however, sadly nothing will truly alleviate my frustrations with it, short of a bullet to either mine or the cast and script writers' head.

If this review was helpful to you in anyway please, please mark it as so and give it the thumbs up (as 4 people have read it and not done so, and the thought that I failed to put them of buying this rubbish haunts me) - and believe me - if it's stopped you buying the film, or even delayed you for a week - I've done you a huge favour.

Tell you what - buy it - watch it and tell me my one lined opening review wasn't right on the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Posse, 9 Feb 2010
This review is from: Posse [DVD] [1993] (DVD)
Brilliant, I got this movies for my 82 year old Father, who just loves the old Westerns, It great arrive quicker than expect. Thanx

Posse [DVD] [1993]
Posse [DVD] [1993] by Mario Van Peebles (DVD - 2004)
3.99