4.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic introduction to Spanish for young children.
This is a very child friendly video, which my two year old daughter sits transfixed in front of, time and time again.
The narator, a young girl, takes you through a day in the life of her family, teaching you Spanish words for every day life as you go.
I would recommend this video to give any child their first taste of Spanish.
Published on 5 Feb. 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, and fails to engage
Published on 30 July 2009 by M. Dalziel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic introduction to Spanish for young children., 5 Feb. 2002
By A Customer
I would recommend this video to give any child their first taste of Spanish.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad........, 28 Jun. 2007
This review is from: First Fun With Spanish [DVD] (DVD)
Not a bad dvd for the price.

Isabel is a little girl (with a womans voice) talking you thro her day. It is easy to follow, the speech is clear and it does teach you spanish words you would use in everday life (shopping, clothes, names of family members etc...)

I have a 4yr old, 7 yr old and 9 yr old and they all happily watch it and are picking up some words all ready after watching it 4 times.

It is not on par of the Muzzy series but to be honest it is a fraction of the cost so i def would say a bargain and well worth getting for a begginner but i do think you would need other dvds to top up with after a while as i think this dvd would be limiting and boring after long term use, but def worth the cash for beginnier and younger child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Right, 19 Feb. 2005
J. Hagerty (Twickenham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: First Fun With Spanish [DVD] (DVD)
This is a great DVD. Isabel talks to you about the things she does with her family and her day. There is lots of clear naming of objects and all the settings are familiar to my children. I did notice that Isabel's voice is that of a woman not a child but I soon got over it and the children never even noticed. This DVD is frequently asked for and I love watching it. My Spanish has improved and my girls have already started mixing in a couple of words into their every day language. I'm not a Spanish speaker but I want my girls to at least have an ear for Spanish and from what I can see this DVD is doing the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Is good for young children and adults, 8 Mar. 2003
By A Customer
Both age groups will enjoy it. It is good for the beginner learner, but the more advance will find it boring. It is a very simple format so kids that like cartoons that are more "cool" may not enjoy and will not sit through this video. The characters are fun and will keep the young learner interested.
The one thing I don't like is that the kids..Isabel and her brother, have ADULT voices. The voices are clear but it gets a few minutes to get used to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spanish for kids, 18 Feb. 2004
My son loves this video. He watches it almost all day, everyday, and his spanish is coming on really well, so is mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Fun With Spanish, 4 April 2006
This review is from: First Fun With Spanish [DVD] (DVD)
This is a wonderful DVD, my kids 4 and 2 have already picked up alot and more importantly are keen to learn more. They watch it in the car so I can listen along too. I have tried other Spanish DVD's but the kids get on best with this and it is a fraction of the cost of alternatives

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, and fails to engage, 30 July 2009
M. Dalziel "yummy mummy" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: First Fun With Spanish [DVD] (DVD)
My two children usually love learning new language skills (they already speak Italian as my husband is Italian)but this failed to deliver. The opening music goes on forever, such that my 3 year old asked 'does the story ever start Mummy?' When it does eventually start, the child in the DVD speaks with an adult voice which my children noticed (and questioned) straight away. Lack of English subtitles or even any words on screen in Spanish, makes learning difficult, and frankly, it's all rather dull. Wish I hadn't bought it. Available on e-bay soon!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 28 May 2012
A. Graves (London, UK United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Horribly boring.
My two year old can't watch it for longer than 5 minutes without going bored and shifting attention to something else.
I can't blame her, I find it horribly slow and very very very old fashioned cartoon animation, the most basic and slow moving dvd I have ever watched.
Shame, because I was looking fwd to this DVD and thought it would be a great idea to play it frequently for her to start picking up a few things here and there (I am Chilean so I already speak to her in Spanish)... but what can you do? it is simply boring.
Instead what i found that works better, is to play a score game with her, she scores points when she gets words write and at the end there is a little prize, like I reward her by reading her favourite book, or by having an extra 5 minutes playing in the bath.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Winner!, 1 Feb. 2008
Joan C (Gloucestershire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: First Fun With Spanish [DVD] (DVD)
My 3 year old Granddaughter absolutely loves this. She plays it every day, even choosing it rather than Charlie & Lola, her favourite. She is now slipping in the occasional Spanish word - asking Mummy to Vamos when getting ready for her walk. Recommended by this three year old!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 14 May 2007
This review is from: First Fun With Spanish [DVD] (DVD)
I'm afraid my two children, 3 and 6yrs, found this rather dull. The speech is clear ,although the character of the little girl is spoken by a woman which was a little strange at first. If your kids are used to watching "Dora the Explorer" then they will find this too slow. Not engaging enough.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›