Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 July 2004
A great package and introduction to Four Tet. The DVD contains one of the best music video's I have ever seen 'As Serious as Your Life'. All I can say is that Morris dancing has credability for the very first time.
The music is a mesh of funk, jazz, folk, electriconica, psychedelia and more, all mixed up and brought together, delivering very pleasing results. The inclusion of the DVD is a nice touch and I guarentee the video's will leave you feeling amused and gratified, if not a little twisted! A bargain for the price.
If you like truly accomplished musicians (in this case Kieran Hebden and friends) working at the forefront of modern music then buy this. If you like 'Boy Bands', 'Nu Metal' etc, then you should still buy this and tutor yourselves in the ways of righteousness and see what quality music is all about.
on 24 February 2008
I bought this EP having enjoyed some excellent Four Tet tracks from other people's collections. I was after their rich, interesting, moving sound, but I did not find it here. The tracks range from empty to annoying. The first track comes closest to being enjoyable, with a pleasant smoothing progression of sampled melodies in the background, but it is tramped on by a needless, harsh, overriding percussion beat that completely kills it for me.

Sadly, the videos on the accompaning disc do not save this edition. Two are vaguely entertaining, but poorly executed, and the other two are gross, one to the point of my wishing I hadn't bothered watching it.

Overall, a rather shallow and at times irratating listening (and viewing) experience.
on 5 June 2004
Four the price, this is a fantastic package.
Four people unfamiliar with four tet, this will serve as a fantastc introduction to some sublime music.
Four those who already own Rounds, the accompanying DVD gives the singles an excuse to be played, and the videos vary hugely in style, meaning that you will want to watch them more than once.
Four stars, sorry, seems to be in keeping with the review