5.0 out of 5 stars Within 35 seconds I was enthralled
Published on 6 Sep 2007 by timothy evans

2.0 out of 5 stars samey
I bought this CD because I really loved the title track. I still do love the title track...not enough to listen to a whole album of different versions of it though.
Published on 2 Feb 2010 by J. E. Breen

5.0 out of 5 stars Within 35 seconds I was enthralled, 6 Sep 2007
timothy evans (yokohama, kanagawa Japan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Weeping Meadow (Audio CD)
This is the most exhilerating body of work that I have heard for some time. And I heard it by accident. I was on Thai Airlines. I put on my headphone and choose Classical on Audio. And there I fell upon it. I had to wait till it went through the lot and I could use my limited classical knowledge to pinpoint it in the in-flight magazine. Such was my desire to devour it.
The music is a soundtrack to a 3 hour film set in Greece in the 1920s. The images on the CD depict: funerals, dead sheep in trees and children growing up. I have not seen the film. I am afraid. The music alone leaves me sitting in empty rooms staring out of windows. Kairandrou has written music of huge melody, delicacy, poignancy and at times you smell Greece. And then you are in Mexico, back in your room and off again to dream and cry.
I usually sit at home in silence. Not this week. My head bows to Eleni Kairandrou. Bravo. A work of brilliance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Sadness, 30 Jan 2009
This review is from: The Weeping Meadow (Audio CD)
All tracks are very beautiful and sad. The only downside was that they were all similar.

2.0 out of 5 stars samey, 2 Feb 2010

The Weeping Meadow
The Weeping Meadow by Eleni Karaindrou (Audio CD - 2008)