Format: DVDChange

on 20 May 2006
This film for 2005 looks seriously dated. I thought it looked more like something shot in the mid 90s. The characters are all very bland and boring. Girl assumes boyfriend wants long-term relationship, WRONG! She leaves, moves in with her friend. Friend leaves, enters cousin... male of course who just happens to be the brother of her ex-boyfriend. They eventually 'get it on'. Don't worry. Its not exciting, usual b&b (bland and boring). Ex-boyfriend now dumped by would-you-believe-it, all-in-a-flash ex-fiance, has now come to his senses and wants ex-girl back. (I kept calling out don't bother!). He then catches on that she is with brother. Teeny-weeny argy-bargy, no real passion. She ends up with brother.

It was abosolute tosh!

Old-looking, matchsticks for your eyelids, no passion, romance, comedy, punch, or story.

Please give this one a miss!
33 comments76 of 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 October 2010
I read the previous review and feel I have to write a review to balance the scales. One man's gold is another man's silver.

If you are looking for hot steamy passion in a movie then this one is not going to fit the bill. If, like me, you enjoy films which allow the viewer to use their imagination as the oldies but good films used to do, then buy this movie you will not be disappointed.

This is an independent small budget African American film about two people's journey to finding romance. Okay it has no fast car chases, no swearing, no ghetto talk, drug taking, crime, scantily dressed women who are disrespected by gangsta-wannabe alfa males, nothing which will cause you to cover your eyes or your ears for that matter. In society now everyone expects glitz and glamour, from all films because Hollywood has sold us this package of huge budget movies with A list stars with everything handed to us on a plate, plus every type of merchandising it can throw in to the mix. Well this film doesn't fit that bill and quite frankly I am pleased to have a film which represents normal African American couples who just want to find love, rather than fame and riches. What ever happened to the simple things in life?

The big film studios could have produced a slick film with huge stars in the staring roles but that is not how Hollywood plays the game. Black actors and actresses are marginalised and do not get a look in, so please support independent film makers like this one and check out their other film All About Us [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC].

Renee Goldsberry and Terron Brooks are wonderfully refreshing, a simple love story with some humour and a chance to see Debbie Allen (Fame costs and right here is where you start paying) as a mature woman in this movie. I loved it and watch it at least 3 times a year, it is a really great chickflick for a duvet day.
11 comment13 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 June 2013
I found this film absolutely great, I think it's a disgrace when I see comments that have nothing to do with the film but instead disrespect the graphics. Just because the graphics I not the best it does not mean the film is bad. Because what would you say about a 1960s film? (oh It looks like something from 1940)
The film through out reflects how love its self moves around a group of people. It made me want to want to look at myself and want to want to make my wife feel like a queen. It made me want to do more and more for her. I really felt that the acting was genuine. So all this about it being awful, be quiet because you couldn't do better.
on 28 October 2010
I freely admit that I had to hop over to IMDb to refresh my memory, but I DO remember curling up with my wife to watch it, and BOTH thoroughly enjoying it -- the MOVIE, poeple, the MOVIE (sheesh!!!)

This was everything the Cusack/Beckinsale movie could-have-should-have-been-but-fell-woefully-short-off: I'm just glad THIS sadly underpromoted treasure came first, to show the "Big Boys" how it's done!
on 22 October 2013
This movie is so nice from the beginning to the end, the story line was so good...Its a must to watch. I will tell the whole world about it
on 3 February 2014
Great value and have recommend to friends. Touching movie which made me laugh and cry. Would recommend you add to your collection
on 17 July 2014
good really enjoyed
on 2 March 2013
Rubbish the story line is so slow you could fall asleep and still catch up. I would recommend this movie at all!!!!
on 22 July 2013
enjoyed movie watched with few girl friends on an night in one of are monthly girlie things we do often
on 7 December 2015
I love this film, I've watched it a few times and it remains one of my favorite in my DVD collections.