5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective solution for estrogen problems
My wife has endured a significant amount of abdominal pain during key points in her cycle for a number of years,
the doctors carried out various tests but found nothing significant to explain it and put it down to her hormones but offered no solutions.

Published on 18 Jan. 2013 by nyktophylax

3.0 out of 5 stars Cleared up deep chin acne... for a while
UPDATE
Published 17 months ago by M. Meszaros

3.0 out of 5 stars Cleared up deep chin acne... for a while, 9 Feb. 2014
M. Meszaros (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Natures Way DIM-Plus Diindolylmethane, Estrogen Metabolism Formula (120 Capsules) (Personal Care)
UPDATE
OK, so it's been about 6 months since I started to take DIM and Agnus Castus, and as my long initial review said, they did work and cleared up my chin in 2 months and kept it like that for a while. Then around the 5th month the whole thing started to slowly come back and after 6 months I am there again: skin flaring up in every 2 weeks, bumps having no chance to disappear before the new ones are coming... So, sadly, I'm back on Dianette for another year. After a year, I plan to try a relatively new and more natural pill called Zoely if it gets good reviews.

That said, I would still encourage everybody to try DIM because 1) we are all different and react differently 2) I've read plenty reviews that said DIM could help women on the long term and 3) my chin is a tough case, not light, not moderate but hell itself. Maybe DIM isn't strong enough to fight this back, but it may be good enough for your problems. Anyhow, good luck!

-------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL REVIEW

It's gonna be a bit long, but I think it's important to share some background information when we write reviews for products like this, so that others can recognise their exact problems and characteristics. It's no good just to say "it's cleared my acne, how great" or "it was useless for me". I will also share some info about the cosmetics that seem to work for me, because sorting out spots is a complex issue, so it may be interesting to know what you're taking, eating and putting on your skin.

I am 35 yrs old, tall, slim, although suffering from a degree of hirsutism, blood test indicated no PCOS. Slight pear shape, obviously not an estrogen bomb. :) I have no allergies, health issues, blood tests have always been perfect.

Skin problems: I have combination skin, occasional spots at the two sides of my forehead, shoulders and chest before my period and in the middle of my cycle (nothing drastic, just 1 or 2 small ones). The big problem is the chin area: deep big bumps that rarely come to the surface, and pop up unstoppably, one after another. I tried all sorts of cosmetic products, but after a while I realised that cosmetics alone would never stop them coming, it is somehow "programmed" from inside and whatever I do, however clean I keep my skin outside, they would keep turning up. The winter period was always the worst, in November my chin started to go completely out of control: regardless of the cycle, the things were just popping up, and by February they were there constantly, 4-5 at the same time, and I felt this battle just can't be won... I had suffered from this since my teenage years, but in recent years it's seemed to got worse. In case you wonder about my diet, I went vegan 8 months ago (no meat, dairy, minimum sugar), but it didn't bring about the slightest change in my skin. It was obviously hormonal and diet couldn't affect my hormone system in a major way.

Diagnosis: GP said it is androgen sensitivity. Though my testosteron level is totally normal, my chin area is particularly sensitive to it. He could offer two solutions basically: 1) Dianette and 2) keeping me on low-dose antibiotics for years. The second option was out of question, seemed just abnormal to do it, so I tried Dianette and it worked like magic. It cleared up my chin, and made my skin less oily and completely spotless all the time. I came off of it after a year (don't let the your GP keep you on it for more than a year - not even the manufacturer recommends it!), and the whole thing started again. After I read about the massive risks of taking Dianette (blood clotting) and that certain countries (among them my home country) banned it completely recently, I decided not to go back but try to find some less dangerous alternative.

This is how I got to DIM and Agnus Castus. DIM is supposed to affect estrogen and testosteron, agnus castus balances progesterone (I had symptoms of low level). So, 2 months ago, when my chin was again a total disaster and I had more spots than usual on my forehead too, I started to take 2 capsules of Nature's Way DIM-plus with 1 agnus castus tablet (mine is from Nature's Aid) in the morning, and the same in the evening. For 2 or 3 days I had some minor heartburn, maybe jumping on the maximum dose (4 capsules a day) wasn't wise, but it disappeared shortly and I haven't had any problems ever since.

Cosmetics I ended up using in the last 2 months (they do the job well, and don't irritate my skin):
For the face:
- Tea Tree face wash from the Body Shop in the morning and evening followed by
- Bee Venom Facial Toner and Repair Cream from HNZ (Honey New Zealand). This is a rare cream (not even cream, more like a gel) that soaks into my skin perfectly and doesn't leave it greasy. All natural, too.
- Dermalogica's Multivitamin Thermafoliant once a weak. I just can't tell you how brilliant this scrub is... I use it on dry skin for even greater effect.
- Oriflame's "Tea Tree Blemish Solver" for the spots, after face wash, before toner. My mother showed me this product and it turned out to be the only thing that ever could affect my spots. It can't prevent them coming up, but once they are there it can help to suppress them a bit. All natural ingredients.
For the body:
- Oriflame's tea tree soap. It is all natural again and has an amazing smell.
- Aloe Pura's 99.9% aloe vera lotion.

So, now, after 2 months of taking DIM with agnus castus and doing the face cleaning ritual rigorously every morning and evening, my face is spotless... My chin is full of red scars, but it is flat and smooth, nothing is going on inside (not just free of spots but black and whiteheads are disappearing, too!). The skin texture has changed, too, it is thinner somehow (in a good way). I decided to write this review because by now I feel that it is not just luck, and "maybe-works", but the change is undeniable.

I'm no doctor, I am not sure what DIM and agnus castus exactly do and how they help someone with androgen sensitivity. I do not think they push down my testosterone level significantly or prevent it from working (like Dianette that blocks the T-receptors). Once a gynecologist told me that the question is not really how high my testosterone is, the question is if it is high COMPARED to the other ones (estrogen and progesterone). Balance is the key and I guess this is what these 2 things are doing. My testosteron is probably the same but my skin doesn't sense it as 'high' anymore as DIM and agnus castus boosted my estrogen and progesterone. Just guessing, really.

So, if you suffer from similar problems, I'd certainly give these a go before getting on any pills or antibiotics!

Ps: if someone knows an effective product for making scars fade, pls share in the comments! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective solution for estrogen problems, 18 Jan. 2013

After much research on the internet I worked out that she was likely suffering from what is termed Estrogen Dominance. I discovered that DIM(diindolylmethane) can help to balance the condition.

Once she started taking 3 a day the pain vanished within about 5 days. The effectiveness of DIM on the condition could not have been more marked if it had been an expensive prescription drug.

She has been taking DIM for about 2 years now with no adverse effects but If she slips up and forgets to take them
for a few days the original symptoms start to return.

We have tried several brands with the Metabolism Formula most of which have been similarly effective.

We find the Natures Way brand the most competitively priced with ease of availability.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 19 May 2013
these really do work, feel much better and have also lost weight, would reccommend these to friends.
will be ordering these again

5.0 out of 5 stars Say no to hysterectomy!, 10 Jun. 2015
Severely anaemic waiting to have womb removed due to the dreaded fibroids! 3 weeks in to taking these tablets and this is the lightest period I've had in 2 years! I can't understand why a doctor would not prescribe or at least refer them! I'm taking 2 a day wondering if I should move up to double dosage as period duration still longer than when I was normal!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend this. I believe it helps with a lot ..., 15 Nov. 2014
My body produces a lot of oestrogen. I have a large fibroid which causes heavy menstruation. I was taking a high dosage cod liver oil which works, but wanted something vegetarian. Dim Plus works the same as the cod liver oil, it inhibits over-production of oestrogen, I now am clear of the symptoms of heavy menstruation. My abdomen is not as swollen as before and my moods are more even...I even bounce back quicker in times of the emotional upsets life can throw at a person. My skin is more radiant and my hair is glossy. I'm basically a new person. Highly recommend this. I believe it helps with a lot of other symptoms too. Very happy indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars I would highly recommend DIM+., 1 Nov. 2014
I would highly recommend DIM+ ... I rarely get any menopausal symptoms ..... excellent !! Delivery is always prompt

3.0 out of 5 stars Did not work for me, 18 Oct. 2014
Honestly, it didn't do anything for me, not saying it's bad, it's just that in 2 months it hadn't made any difference, I still think that Iw ould benefit from a DIM supplement, maybe the blend/the dosage/the fact that this has soy in it(a strong phytoestrogen) wasn't right for me. Still wanted to check if it worked.

5.0 out of 5 stars DIM-plus instead of Tomoxaphan, 5 Jan. 2014
I take the DIM-plus instead of Tomoxophan to deal with breast cancer as I believe it has less negative side effects. I have been taking the capsules for about 8 months now and they appear to be effective. This was my personal decision so I am not in a position to recommend to others in the same situation as cancer is a very individual condition.

1.0 out of 5 stars Craving junk food, 16 July 2014
Started taking these a few days ago and have lifted my mood already. But I have been feeling like I'm putting weight on with these tabs. And have terrible cravings for junk food has this happened to anyone else.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have been using these for a while now and ..., 22 Jan. 2015
I have been using these for a while now and notice the health benefits. The delivery is a little timely though so I would suggest maybe re-ordering when you are down to your second pack.