5.0 out of 5 stars Enzymztic DGL is Amazing
Published 5 months ago by L J Cousins

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing product
Unfortunately I couldn't get on with this product as, although it is free of sugar and fructose, it does contain sorbitol - and this is more than enough to encourage yeast activity if you happen to be fighting candida overgrowth following medication. Sorry - I thought it would be helpful, but for me it wasn't.
Published 6 months ago by Erica

5.0 out of 5 stars Enzymztic DGL is Amazing, 16 July 2014
This review is from: Enzymatic Therapy Dgl, Fructose Free/Sugarless, 100 Chewable Tablets (Personal Care)
Amazing, I have had M.E for aprox 7yrs and have had to take Emzolol, ranitidine, mebravine, propronol, all that can bring there own problems with long term use, and I also had a sliding hiatal hernia problem which just did not seem to be healing. These are all side effects of the M.E e.g digestive problems like feeling sick, anxiety, ibs. with the help of Enzymatic DGL I have with my doctors blessing and a healthy diet been able to come off the mebravine and propronol and am now down from 40 to 20 mg of Emozol every other day in the space of a month. I was however down from 3mebravine and propronol down to 1 of each when I started using DGL then I replaced a DGL with my mebravine at lunch and had another before my tea. I am now having the DGL before breakfast on the days I am not having the 20mg Emozol and then again at dinner and before tea. Next week I should be off the Emozol and can start reducing my ranitidine. To be able to find something which can replace all these tablets and be healthy for you with no side effects and has the ability to heal you also is unbelievable It has so many positive effects on the body. Do not get me wrong it has not just gone away but I am feeling for the first time in a long time that I am getting somewhere being able to come off all the tablets and still be ok is a great achievement. I really feel that it is also making a difference as in it actually feels like it is healing my hernia problems now after a year of suffering. They do taste quite strong but if you like liquorice that's fine if you are not too keen try the German chocolate flavour they are real tasty

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Oct 2012
I have mild gastroparesis and had been rxed Omeprezole which made some of my symptoms worse. DGL has worked great for me, and I felt better within days. Essentially the product does what it says on the tin.

5.0 out of 5 stars DGL, 28 Nov 2013
I tried DGL to replace a long term cure of omeprazole (as I have had taste damages with that medicine) and I find it super good. My reflux didn't stop but this licorice take it down and this is exactly what I wanted. I tried previously other natural methods but after couple of months had too much pain I had to go back on omeprazole. I'm taking the licorice since 3 months now with no problems at all!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars the doctor kept putting me on medicines like ppis and pp2 s that just gave me terrible ..., 2 Nov 2014
Please note that if you have gas, belching, wind, bloating then the doctor can do nothing for you. You have to put right the balance in the gut with the right biotics and diet. I had this problem last year, was awful, the doctor kept putting me on medicines like ppis and pp2 s that just gave me terrible side effects that made me feel far more ill. So I had to stop taking them. I then changed my diet and increased the biotics, make my own yoghurt, make water kefir, milk kefir etc and am gradually getting well. The ENT etc can only help when ther is a problem with the structure - a plumbing problem - this is a diet problem. No point in askikng ENT or doctor for help with diet, both have no training or knowledge on it, and do not believe in natural things. Either consult a naturopath or do what I did and research it all onlne for free. Bicarbonate of soda can help you too, just in water.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enzymatic Therapy Dgl, Fructose Free/Sugarless, 5 Jun 2014
G. R. Killick - See all my reviews
Good quality product which I started buying after dropping the Swanson's because of sudden change in its quality. However when I first bought it in September 2013 it was 7.50, but few weeks later the price was changed to 13 pounds and today its selling for 9.78, but not by Amazon..

5.0 out of 5 stars There is a god. This is it, 23 Sep 2014
Let me first of all tell you with everything I have got that I am not a seller of this just to believe my story.

I have had this evil disease called pylori for 7 years now and was treated for pylori with a load of anti-biotics. My guts have been left with the problem that every single piece of food i now ever put in my mouth makes my insides feel like they are going to burst. This problem never goes away. I am left in this agony every single minute of every single day 7 days a week. I now look like I am 8 months pregnant aswell. The docs have tested again for pylori and said it was clear. Ive had an endoscopy and that shown excess acid and gas but nothing else. They have left my insides with some kind of permanent damage and I am no better off, I am depressed, suffer anxiety and have no life worth living really now. My problems now are actually worse than the pylori itself was. At least that came and went. Ive tried everything. Lanzoprozole Zantac pro biotics mastik gum every digestive enzyme on the market. changes in diet yakult multivits omniprozole Ive had wheat allergy tests. Celiac, lactose, bacteria overgrowth test. The above have done absolutely nothing and the right inside of my stomach just under my rib feels like it has a constant itch inside it. Sugar makes it worse than anything.

I have been taking this for about 4 days and my god. Its the only thing that has truly worked. I have never felt so happy and my stomach feels completely normal again.

I still get full quite a lot after eating but it actually now feels like its full with food and not agonising bloated bursting air. I really have no idea what is inside this stuff but it works.

The other thing that has gave me the same results as this is Mastic gum. But im not sure why, or whether to take both or just try one at a time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing product, 11 Jun 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 8 Sep 2013
Pamela Keeley-gassmann "raisingboyssince1994" (buhler,switzerland) - See all my reviews
Anyone with GERD should try this. 14 more words required that is ridiculous this is the last time I will do this

5.0 out of 5 stars dgl licorice, 18 Nov 2012
Mr. Howard J. Leeming (England) - See all my reviews
these supplements are great for aiding in digestion and taste good too. They are reasonably priced and help aid with healing of ulcers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Nov 2014
Wonderful alternative to Lansoprazole without any of the side-effects. Wish I'd have known about them 20 years ago!!!!