5.0 out of 5 stars Very good
This films is sooooo nice.

Daphne Reynolds (Amanda Bynes) lives in Chinatown New York with her mum Libby (Kelly Preston). She has never seen her father.

One day she leaves her mum to go find her father. He is a british politican who is running for office.

She finds him, Henry (Colin Firth) is shocked to know he has a daughter...
Published on 19 Aug 2006 by T. Stanton

3.0 out of 5 stars What A girl Would Want
If you saw the title of this film and a picture of the film you would think that this was going to be another sweet film full of sugar and for most of it it is. A teenage american girl comes to Britain in search of her father(Colin Firth)who is high in the social ladder and the last thing he needs is to find a long lost daughter, who by the way is accepted straight away...
Published on 2 Jan 2004 by M Wilson

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING amazing .........what can i say i love it :), 23 Mar 2011
This DVD was absoulutly Brilliant!

Colin Firth = Amazing

Amanda Bynes= Wonderful

Kelly Preston= Excellent

Amanda Bynes and Colin Firth star in this irresistible funny comedy.
Amanda stars as Daphne, a irrepressible American teen who impulsively jets over from the US
to meet heraristocratic father for the first time.
Determined to fit into her dad's world, Daphne stifles her vibrant personality to be the
perfect daughter, plunging into a whirl of garden parties, fashion shows and more.
Can goodintentions and proper etiquette conquer all? Not if it means Daphne must also abandon who she really is.
She's going to remain true to herself and she's going to do it with courage and style every
girl wants to see.........

This is the blurb at the back of the DVD box i got from amazon.

I would recommend this to a girl its also a good film to watch with your mum.
So mothers & daughter film (well i think so :) )

I saw this movie on the t.v on channel five and i loved it to bits
i only buy the movies i really really like of amazon.
i have bought Parent Trap (Linsay Lohan)
I have brought what a girl wants.

Hope you enjoy watching it :)
I will be suprised if u dont :)))))

4.0 out of 5 stars What a girl wants?, 6 Mar 2011
Mr. J. Walley "fat geezer" (alton hants) - See all my reviews
Nice family friendly film, both my teenage children enjoyed it, as did my wife. Colin Firth shows yet more diversity in a more comedic role. Definitely recommend it, probably more of a rom com/chick flick than for the lads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!, 12 Jan 2011
I got this dvd for christmas from my mum. I put it on straight away as i love movie's. I watched it and i absolutely Loved it!!! It is definatley worth buying, and i have now watched it about 50 time's!! So if People are looking for a good movie to watch for a night, this is definatley the one for you!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a girl wants review, 20 April 2009
Mr. T. Lees "Tim Lees" (Chester UK) - See all my reviews
An excellent DVD for my girlfriend who loved this chick flick. I would advise any guy to get this for their special girl. Also, great to see Colin Firth on good form.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a girl wants, 5 April 2009
Great, easy to watch film. Can watch it over and over again. Good feelgood film.

2.0 out of 5 stars I have no business reviewing this,, 11 April 2010
Philoctetes (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
but I feel quite proud that I lasted about half an hour before my stomach ordered my brain to order my finger to press OFF on the remote. Still, ten minutes longer than Love, Actually, so it must be a better film than that vomit-bag.

I tuned in for the masochistic pleasure of another ghastly Anglo-US hey-ain't-they-weird-huh movie where the Brits are presented as uptight and the Americans as cool and happy-go-lucky. (And what do you know!) Embarrasing drivel that had me chortling from the get-go, teenage girl seeks her lordly English dad because she doesn't want to not have a dad around to dance with on her future wedding day.

Trot out the usual Brit actors who'll do anything for money, no matter how nationally demeaning. Colin Firth, Jonathan Pryce, Duckface, Sylvia Syms (Sylvia Syms!! Can you believe it? This can't be right and proper). Of course, I've never been a teenage girl, but I fancy I would be insulted if offered this cringe-fest as a representation of my secret dreams.

Anyway, in a word: yuck. Not even for masochists. A lot of tired cliches and mirthless emotional blackmail. If your child asks to see this, say no, and if they insist, have them adopted...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great chick flick, 16 Mar 2005
R. Hunt "becca_12" (London) - See all my reviews
I actually quite enjoyed this!! I didn't think I would.
I would compare it to something like Princess Dairies, with the exception of the dashing Colin Firth (quite nice in this film).
It is entertaining to watch, but i wouldn't reccommend it for the boys, I'm sure they'd find it very stupid!!
Well worth a lookin, and going for a bargin price!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely funny cheeses feel good girly film, 9 July 2014
A lovely funny cheeses feel good girly film. Loved it as a teenager and so it'll always have a special spot in my heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
fantastic

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
Great value

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

What A Girl Wants [VHS] [2003]
What A Girl Wants [VHS] [2003] by Dennie Gordon (VHS Tape - 2004)
Used & New from: 2.71