5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Excellence, 26 Nov. 2003
Dale Richards (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Immortal [CD 1] (Audio CD)
Every now and then, a song comes along with the power to change your world. For the year 2003, My Immortal is that song.
There are many who thought that Evanescence had already passed their use-by date, but this song triumphantly proves them wrong. A far cry from their two previous singles from the album Fallen, My Immortal sees the band indulging in epic, ground-moving balladry that will bring a tear to the eye of anyone who gets emotionally involved with the music they listen to.
The single version of this song differs from the album version, and both versions are very enjoyable. The album version has a gentle air of quiet reflection, whereas the single version mixes this with raw passion by bringing in the full band in its dramatic climax.
This single is a must-have, for those with the album *and* for those without.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Amazing Song From Evanescence, 9 Dec. 2003
This review is from: My Immortal [CD 1] (Audio CD)
This being evanescences 3rd release is there best yet, this version differs from both versions on the first album "Origin" (released before they became a mainstream band) and on "Fallen". this song speaks for quite a few people and can relate to those that have come out of a relationship. Amys vocals really emphasise the words and the beautiful way it is played with piano makes this song both haunting yet addictive. Truley one of the best songs to come out this year. A must buy for every evanescence fan and also for someone who loves a song which speaks to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rocks, Totally!!!, 11 Mar. 2004
This review is from: My Immortal (Audio CD)
Though the song My Immortal is sort of a "slow song", it's still is haunting like other Evanescence hits like "Tourniquet". The other version, which is the band version on the other hand is truly amazing. The grand finale of the song is when the whole band played (It Rocks!) - a much brighter and livelier version which I like the most

5.0 out of 5 stars I cannot rate this song more highly!, 22 Nov. 2003
J. Pouteaux "Jules" (Guernsey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Immortal [CD 1] (Audio CD)
Well, what a turn around. I must confess that despite the strong emotion of this song, this was my least favourite song on the album ('Fallen'). The song was originaly written when the Amy Lee and Ben were only 15, and appeared in the same album format on their first full length album, 'Origin'. Their song writing skills have grown in the 4 years since then, and you can hear that in way they've re-worked this song.
The vocals are more interesting, and the bringing in Evanscence's more conventional rock style in the middle of the song gives it more feeling, whereas before, it was all a bit too chilled.
So go out and buy this single, even if you have the album. In fact, especially if you have the album. This is a much better version of the song, and you won't be dissapointed. But what I want to know is whats on the b-side?

5.0 out of 5 stars This is THE Evanescence experience..., 2 Dec. 2003
This review is from: My Immortal [CD 2] (Audio CD)
If you say the word "Evanescence" to any music you will get one of two possible responses... (a) "WHO?", or (b) "My Immortal, wow!".
This single is slightly different from the album version that many fans are used to. Rather than playing out the song with a soft and tragic piano melody, we are instead treated to an explosion of a guitar and drum hybrid, and what a tingle it sends down your spine. If you have seen Evanescnece live then you'll appreciate the changes.
Taken from the Daredevil soundtrack, this is perhaps one of the greatest songs I have ever heard. The emotion that Amy Lee echoes from her singing cannot fail to captivate any music-lover. When I first listened to the album, My Immortal was the one track that I wanted to go back to again and again. This deserves to be in that "all-time greats" catalogue. Essential.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 7 Dec. 2003
This review is from: My Immortal [CD 1] (Audio CD)
this is quite simply the most beautiful song i have heard all year. a stunnig piano melody behind amy lee's luscious vocals. a well placed few seconds of rock enter with a bang that leads you to conclude that this is one of the best piano ballads you will have heard in a long time. well done guys - more of this will get you far!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Single, 16 Jan. 2004
This review is from: My Immortal [CD 2] (Audio CD)
Amy Lee's vocals on this piano ballad is awesome. The lyrics are very touching and you can totally lose yourself in the emotion of the song. The Band version of the song definately works - the band kick in at the right moment of the song and lifts it to a new level, enhancing rather than disrupting the soft piano melody.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Immortal, you must listen to it!, 27 Dec. 2003
This review is from: My Immortal [CD 2] (Audio CD)
This song is one of the best from the album 'Fallen' but the 'band' version is even better!
Around the end of My Immortal, guitars, drums, bass and violins are all kicked in to make a dramatic and emotional finish to the song. This is a CD you will have in your stereo for days because of the playerbility!
You should try and learn it aswell! Its quite an easy piano piece if you are an advanced player. You can get it from their sheet music book or just find it on Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking, 29 April 2004
Michael Cawdrey "Codger" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: My Immortal (Audio CD)
This song by my favorite band Evanescence, is truly amazing. The albumversion of the song was good, but this version is alot better, dew to thewhole band playing. The lyrics are amazing, while amy lee's amazing voicesounds brilliant. So if you like evanescnece, then i suggest you listen tothis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing :), 22 Mar. 2010
This review is from: My Immortal [CD 1] (Audio CD)
This song, along with other songs from Evanescence, moved me in so many ways I cannot describe. It is an AMAZING song, and Amy Lee (singer) has a brilliant voice for songs like this.

I love this song, but the first time I watched the video, by the end of the song I had tears pouring down my cheeks, its a beautiful song.

I cant rate it highly enough, its a great song. I have no negatives at all. :)

10/10

My Immortal [CD 1]
My Immortal [CD 1] by Evanescence (Audio CD - 2003)