Colour Name: Blue|Size: 1m|Change
Price:£2.09+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Premium quality cable. Very well made with what look and feel like very sturdy gold plated connectors. Bought a handful of these to replace the free/cheap cat5 cables I ahd with my NAS box and superhub. Running everything on gigabit switches I feel it was worth the upgrade though at this time I cannot quantify any gains. Very happy though and I feel that if you spend a lot on your pc and have the equipment to make use of it then prmeium faster rated cables are the way to go!

Delivery was quick from Amazon's preferred merchant indigo starfish and well packaged.
on 6 June 2010
This cable was long and black, pretty much like the description. I was able to fully plug each end into the sockets I had intended. In each case a gentle pushing action resulted in a satisfying click. Afterwards the equipment concerned was fully connected, and you can't argue with that.
on 25 January 2016
NOT Belkin, NOT Cat6.
I was going to politely enquire about why this was not as described, but then I noticed other people had the same complaint, so we need to shout louder.
This is a cheap Cat5e cable, with very thin wires so it connects at 100Mb not gigabit speeds.There is no Belkin branding on it.
It is highly questionable as to why Amazon continue to sell this when they have been told that it is not what it says it is.
review image
What to say about this? It's a category 6 Ethernet cable from the respected manufacturer, Belkin. It measures more or less 10 metres from tip to tip and has a snagless connector at each end. It's unshielded so is light and quite flexible - perfect if you need it to bend around the corners of a room, for example. I use mine to connect my router and a 4-port switch that are at other ends of the living room, which I am told is a better solution than using a long telephone line to move the router closer to the switch.

The cable transfers data at solid Gigabit speeds and comes in a variety of colours, of which this (grey) is undoubtedly one of the least gaudy. In spite of its lack of shielding, I haven't noticed any obvious problems with interference from (or to) the satellite and aerial cables the Belkin is housed next to in the trunking in my living room. Said trunking takes quite a tour around the corners of my living room before meeting the switch, even going around the fireplace at right-angles on six occasions, and all without the Belkin cable raising any sniff of a complaint.

The buttons on the cable's connectors are enclosed by two rubber mouldings, in an attempt to stop them snagging on other cables when being fed through trunking or behind walls. This is hardly a foolproof solution, unfortunately, as the buttons do stick up a bit and can still get caught, so a moulding that covered the buttons fully rather than just enclosing them would have been preferable.

Although there are some things in life that are undoubtedly a case of "You get what you pay for", I see no reason why you should go mad and blow the budget on Ethernet cabling when something like this does the job perfectly well. The unshielded cable is undoubtedly more flexible than the shielded one, just make sure that it will suit your needs and won't be in too close proximity to anything that gives off major interference. And I wouldn't rely on the `snagless' nature of the cable if you intend feeding it behind walls, so in that instance I would suggest that you tape the connector buttons down first.
on 2 February 2015
The cable wasn't Belkin nor was it Cat6.

Peeled off the barcode and under was a label for an off-brand Cat5e cable.
review image
on 5 April 2015
This was a most useless patch cable I've ever had the misfortune of using; I plugged it in to a known and working switch replacing another cable and no lights; took the connector out and examined it; turns out several of the pins are "buried" in the connector. I often make my own Cat cables so I threw this one out and did just that; it's not as pretty as the Belkin cable I was sent but at least it works.
on 2 February 2016
Absolutely POOR quality. I was fooled by previous reviews. I received one CAT5e cable and one without ANY MARKING whatsoever.
The cable insulation feels very thin and of poor quality. There is no BELKIN branding anywhere. Feels very cheap. Free returns only apply to UK residents in this case, so I am stuck with these.
on 4 May 2016
This is not a Belkin Cable.
1.Cable is not that pictured, an entiely different colour. 2. Cable is kinked due to poor/thin outer layer 3. Cable is entirely different to RED (genuine) version I bought last month and BLUE (genuine) I bought the month before.
The return postage on this (from Italy) is going to cost me more than the cable is worth. Its going straight in the bin.
on 10 September 2012
The cables are perfect for any simple networking solutions that you have in mind, allowing you to connect any device with zero chance of bottlenecking your speed.

I have bought about 10 of these from Amazon and with my Prime service I have alays received them next day as well.

Quality wise these cables are superb, so if you need to link any two devices using ethernet this is the perfect product.
on 29 October 2014
Not Belkin (as far as I can tell) and cat5e rather than the cat6 I ordered. Watch out, these people seem to be mis-selling.