5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality
Published on 6 Dec. 2011 by Tech 2.0

1.0 out of 5 stars Blinkin Belkin
Sorry guys only 1 star here.
I bought a pair of these 2m Yellow snag-less Belkin data cables.. They were supplied promptly by Amazon. One cable is fine, the other cable drops the connection intermittently - this only moments after the cable was pressed into service for the first time.
Published 10 months ago by hugh-bris

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 6 Dec. 2011
Tech 2.0 "impulsive gadget buyer" - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Premium quality cable. Very well made with what look and feel like very sturdy gold plated connectors. Bought a handful of these to replace the free/cheap cat5 cables I ahd with my NAS box and superhub. Running everything on gigabit switches I feel it was worth the upgrade though at this time I cannot quantify any gains. Very happy though and I feel that if you spend a lot on your pc and have the equipment to make use of it then prmeium faster rated cables are the way to go!

Delivery was quick from Amazon's preferred merchant indigo starfish and well packaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Equipment fully connected, 6 Jun. 2010
A. Francis "cable lover" (Brighton, England) - See all my reviews
This cable was long and black, pretty much like the description. I was able to fully plug each end into the sockets I had intended. In each case a gentle pushing action resulted in a satisfying click. Afterwards the equipment concerned was fully connected, and you can't argue with that.

4.0 out of 5 stars 10m? Yes! Cat6? Yes! UTP? Yes! Snagless? Not exactly., 9 Aug. 2012
Mr. Mischief (Guernsey) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
What to say about this? It's a category 6 Ethernet cable from the respected manufacturer, Belkin. It measures more or less 10 metres from tip to tip and has a snagless connector at each end. It's unshielded so is light and quite flexible - perfect if you need it to bend around the corners of a room, for example. I use mine to connect my router and a 4-port switch that are at other ends of the living room, which I am told is a better solution than using a long telephone line to move the router closer to the switch.

The cable transfers data at solid Gigabit speeds and comes in a variety of colours, of which this (grey) is undoubtedly one of the least gaudy. In spite of its lack of shielding, I haven't noticed any obvious problems with interference from (or to) the satellite and aerial cables the Belkin is housed next to in the trunking in my living room. Said trunking takes quite a tour around the corners of my living room before meeting the switch, even going around the fireplace at right-angles on six occasions, and all without the Belkin cable raising any sniff of a complaint.

The buttons on the cable's connectors are enclosed by two rubber mouldings, in an attempt to stop them snagging on other cables when being fed through trunking or behind walls. This is hardly a foolproof solution, unfortunately, as the buttons do stick up a bit and can still get caught, so a moulding that covered the buttons fully rather than just enclosing them would have been preferable.

Although there are some things in life that are undoubtedly a case of "You get what you pay for", I see no reason why you should go mad and blow the budget on Ethernet cabling when something like this does the job perfectly well. The unshielded cable is undoubtedly more flexible than the shielded one, just make sure that it will suit your needs and won't be in too close proximity to anything that gives off major interference. And I wouldn't rely on the `snagless' nature of the cable if you intend feeding it behind walls, so in that instance I would suggest that you tape the connector buttons down first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 25 Mar. 2012
This is an excellent quality cable. It appears well made and has good sturdy connectors. I have used this to replace all the generic cat 5 cable I ahve accumulated in my network and although I cannot quantify it, things appear a lot faster. Good quality/price form Belkin. Very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Cat6, 23 Sept. 2011
N. Noble "sc00by" (uk) - See all my reviews
Belkin make good quality cables at affordable prices. This one is no exception, the connectors are good and release from ports easily (unlike some freebie types). Plus they handle gigabit ethernet speeds with no problem.
Only negative side is the cable sheathing is a bit inflexible. I bought some Cables to Go Cat6 ones at the same time & although a bit more expensive were much more flexible & even better quality. Still would recommend these if you want to keep prices down.

1.0 out of 5 stars Blinkin Belkin, 26 July 2014
Sorry guys only 1 star here.
When the faulty cable is fully latched in the RJ45 socket, only a slight pull back against the latch will cause the hub light to extinguish for that port, as the data connection is lost and my network becomes unreachable.
As its core purpose is to connect data reliably, and it failed to do that, I can only give it one star.
Previous Belkin cables have always been perfect.
Instant refund from Amazon - so thanks to them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough Cable, 31 Oct. 2012
This cable performs well. It is after all only a cable which when fitted lives in the "background" but when you come to get it out again it will prove it's worth.! The cable is "anti-snag" because it is very stiff (the external sheath is very thick compared with other similar cables). The one weakness (as with all Cat 5 & 6 cables) is the actual connector. I have managed to connect and disconnect several times (using it as a "portable" type lead) and not had a problem so far.! Basically it does what it says on the packet..!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Gigabit Ethernet cable for (very) short runs, 19 Feb. 2013
Squeebles (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Bought a selection of Cat6 patch cables for TP-LINK TL-SG1008D 8-port Gigabit Unmanaged Desktop Switch , Plastic Case so I was running Gigabit Ethernet on all my connections. This is a well made cable that seems to work well with the switch. One thing to note, the cable isn't very flexible so the available length will not be the full 50cm. If you have network points next to or on top of each other, then this will be idea and prevent the 'cable spaghetti' nightmare of network engineers everywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described., 22 Oct. 2009
A. Cresswell "Bubblefish777 - Born again Diver" (london, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
No problems. Bought around a dozen cables so far. All of them new, and unmarked (I have had cables from other manufatures that showed stressing on the cable sleeves.) All cables working well on my 1Gbit Network. Throughput good. Good value for money. Recommended. The SNAGLESS bit of the cable is simpley the raised housing to stop the locking lever from catching on other cables if you need to pull it back through a jumble of other cables. Look closely at the image to see what I mean.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Belkin product, shame it's not white white, 12 Jun. 2010
A. Page (UK) - See all my reviews
What can I say? It's a Belkin snagless cable. Indisputable quality, great ends and well made. Nice price.

What's a shame is that this "white" cable doesn't match any of the other Belkin "white" cables I've bought. The code on the bag for this cable ends "WHS", not "WHTS" like all my other white Belkin cables. This cable is a pink shade of white, so it doesn't match. It's a bit of a shame as it's the only thing preventing this cable from having 5 stars!