Package Quantity: 2|Change
Price:£3.95+ Free shipping

on 15 October 2009
What you see is not what you get - picture shows a pair of packaged Duracell Plus batteries. What you get is two unpackaged non plus batteries which quite possibly are fakes.
33 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 January 2011
I wouldn't order from Media-R-Us if you need a VAT invoice or any after-sales service - they will just blank you. I have asked Media-R-Us three times for a VAT invoice for several items that I ordered from them - they can't even be bothered to reply. I have also reported them to Amazon complaints office. I have used Amazon very regularly for several years and Media-R-Us are the only poor supplier I have found. Be warned!!!!!!
on 21 April 2010
Bought these batteries in good faith and looking at the pictures I thought that they where a good price. What I recieved were what appear to be cheap fake batteries the type you get from the pound shop with a dodgy Duracell look a like case on. they were packaged in a plane orange card packet looking very cheap. I checked the persons feed back and found that I was not the only one with concerns. many others also had concerns about the quality. if only I had read the feedback first!
I have had similar experiances when buying from ebay and since have stopped using ebay. will now not be using market place to buy this type of item again. shame really but I have not got money to thow away and I would rather spend the money out on a genuine product than save a couple of pounds and recieve a cheap immitation.
Amazon need to sort this this out as people will soon loose faith and it will have a negative effect on there business.
11 comment|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 March 2011
Really disappointed, when the batteries came, one didn't work and Media R Us would not send a replacement. Won't be buying anything else from them.
on 3 September 2010
both batteries went flat within a week, one in a fire alarm other in a security alarm
on 30 September 2009
Not sure these are the real macoy. Look like imports. Packaging is the type you get off a dodgy market stall. Are they Duracell? Who knows... seem to work so far.
VINE VOICEon 27 August 2011
Here's a conundrum. When something seems too good to be true, such as the very low price on this four pack, one should be suspicious. With a single Duracell 9v costing almost as much on the high street, even more so. Yet these are sold and distributed direct from Amazon - one of the most trusted, and deservedly so, retailers in the world.

Can they really be what they should be?

The answer is no, they most probably aren't.

Do a direct comparison with a high street Duracell 9v and there's a slightly cheaper feel to the casing on these. They are not quite as well finished. Possibly the best sign is that the normal Duracell has a metallic finish to both the rust coloured band and on the logo itself. On these it's just matt. Interesting as everything from the made in Belgium and printed listings are identical, so these aren't just from a different country or region of Duracell's manufacturing, which could explain a difference. The box is well printed enough and not particularly cheap or washed out either. And there's no reason to think just because it's an economy multi pack that Duracell would construct them any differently.

Question is do they work? Well yes they do but for how long this reviewer will come back and update via a comment.

If they last long enough does it matter? Probably not unless you're using them for a piece of life saving equipment in a smoke alarm. In which case think very very carefully before clicking here.

A long review for a battery but thought it useful to sum up what many others have thought, both good and bad.
on 8 June 2010
the batteries were for a sonic cat scarer.they lasted just about one week.obviously they are not even seconds
on 28 January 2015
Don't throw away your money on these 9v Duracell Plus batteries.
Within three days of fitting them in my burglar alarm PIRs, the system gave a "low PIR batteries" warning. I then replaced with another and another, etc. from the same purchase and the system kept giving a "low PIR batteries" warning. I also tried one in a smoke detector which then gave a low battery beep.

I checked them with a tester, which lit up as far as the "replace" indicator.

I therefore purchased some Duracell Ultra Power batteries, whch I fitted in the PIRs and also the smoke detector and they work perfectly.

My advice is to buy the Ultra Power batteries instead; even though they may be ten times more expensive, they will work out less expensive in the end, so you will save money and avoid the frustration and time wasting.
on 11 January 2009
I have to cqnfess disappointment with the batteries purchased to power my Big Cheese cat repeller.They only lasted about 4 weeks,after which I used a couple of Tesco Value batteries which are of the old fashioned Zink Chloride type and whilst I only expected them to last a week or two at best, they actually have lasted about 6 weeks.I have sinced purchased even more of the cheap ones and have assumed that the first set of Duracell batteries were old stock because I have never before had a problem with that make.

See one answered question