4.0 out of 5 stars It's a 9V batterynothing more, nothing less.
Ignore the previous review - they've blamed the battery when it is either their own fault or the device's fault.

This is a normal 9V battery which seem to be getting rarer to find. I bought this one because it was on Amazon Prime and it is for a smoke alarm so I wanted to ensure I have a good brand and there isn't a brand more reliable than Duracell...
Published on 5 Dec 2010 by Sonic

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware
What you see is not what you get - picture shows a pair of packaged Duracell Plus batteries. What you get is two unpackaged non plus batteries which quite possibly are fakes.
Published on 15 Oct 2009 by Valkirk

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware, 15 Oct 2009
Valkirk (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Duracell Plus MN1604 Alkaline 9 V Battery - 2-Pack (Personal Care)

1.0 out of 5 stars What a rip off!, 21 April 2010
Bought these batteries in good faith and looking at the pictures I thought that they where a good price. What I recieved were what appear to be cheap fake batteries the type you get from the pound shop with a dodgy Duracell look a like case on. they were packaged in a plane orange card packet looking very cheap. I checked the persons feed back and found that I was not the only one with concerns. many others also had concerns about the quality. if only I had read the feedback first!
I have had similar experiances when buying from ebay and since have stopped using ebay. will now not be using market place to buy this type of item again. shame really but I have not got money to thow away and I would rather spend the money out on a genuine product than save a couple of pounds and recieve a cheap immitation.
Amazon need to sort this this out as people will soon loose faith and it will have a negative effect on there business.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy from Media-R-Us, 26 Jan 2011
I wouldn't order from Media-R-Us if you need a VAT invoice or any after-sales service - they will just blank you. I have asked Media-R-Us three times for a VAT invoice for several items that I ordered from them - they can't even be bothered to reply. I have also reported them to Amazon complaints office. I have used Amazon very regularly for several years and Media-R-Us are the only poor supplier I have found. Be warned!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars poor customer service, 11 Mar 2011
Really disappointed, when the batteries came, one didn't work and Media R Us would not send a replacement. Won't be buying anything else from them.

1.0 out of 5 stars flat batteries, 3 Sep 2010
both batteries went flat within a week, one in a fire alarm other in a security alarm

3.0 out of 5 stars Duracell Plus 9V 2 pack, 11 Jan 2009
Mr. Derek A. Levermore (Whitstable, Kent) - See all my reviews
I have to cqnfess disappointment with the batteries purchased to power my Big Cheese cat repeller.They only lasted about 4 weeks,after which I used a couple of Tesco Value batteries which are of the old fashioned Zink Chloride type and whilst I only expected them to last a week or two at best, they actually have lasted about 6 weeks.I have sinced purchased even more of the cheap ones and have assumed that the first set of Duracell batteries were old stock because I have never before had a problem with that make.

2.0 out of 5 stars Real or fake??, 30 Sep 2009
A. SIMPSON (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Not sure these are the real macoy. Look like imports. Packaging is the type you get off a dodgy market stall. Are they Duracell? Who knows... seem to work so far.

1.0 out of 5 stars i am not too happy, 17 Nov 2009
R. Cudjoe "Portsmouth" (Portsmouth) - See all my reviews
I got this product in very slowly and when finally I got it that was withouth the box just 2 butteries tape it together so that is mean I could buy 2 used buttery.
I wasn`t happy from that seller with that product.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a 9V batterynothing more, nothing less., 5 Dec 2010
Sonic (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews

Evidently I have not (and hope never to) had to rely on it as to do so would require a fire to break out. It does work when I pressed the TEST button so it works fine.

In summary if you need one 9V battery then you can't go wrong with this but ensure your device does need a 9V before purchasing

2.0 out of 5 stars 9v batteries, 8 Jun 2010
R. Skinner - See all my reviews
the batteries were for a sonic cat scarer.they lasted just about one week.obviously they are not even seconds