4.0 out of 5 stars Nice lp from a very talented and unconventional black woman
There's something about this album that surprises me everytime i listen to it: though its production comes close to minimalism, its richness is impressive.Your attention is grabbed from beginning to end: let's take "in public": the beat is simple and there are few other noises here and there.However this song is,like the rest of the album, lush and...man,so damn good...
Published on 4 Feb 2004 by Des Longchamps

3.0 out of 5 stars I love Kelis but was rather disappointed.....
.....with this album. It never really caught fire for me. After hearing the two superb singles I was expecting much more and was disappointed to find the rest of the album rather bland. I have listened to it over and over again......but it's still those two chart toppers that really makes up this album.
Published on 20 July 2004 by syssan

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 16 July 2004
Lucy Melton "lucymelton" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kelis - Tasty (Audio CD)
I bought this album on the basis of liking the two songs most recently released - and I'm very impressed. There's a real diversity of styles within the album, and all songs could be released as singles in their own right. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who likes a good tune and lyrics they can sing to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Strike three for Kelis!!, 11 Dec 2003
This review is from: Kelis - Tasty (Audio CD)
After wowing me with Kaleidoscope and Wanderland, Kelis has proven that her first two albums were no fluke, Tasty shows she is still a considerable talent. Naturally the first single Milkshake is the standout track but there are plenty of other fine moments on here in an eclectic lp. Despite a worrying amount of producers the quality control hasn't been lost and each song Kelis makes her own with her distinctive voice including my personal favourite Marathon. Buy this album right now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extreamily tasty!, 23 Aug 2009
Mrs. Sa Hill (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kelis - Tasty (Audio CD)
Yum yum this album is very good and has some great songs on it. I like all the tracks and the Intro is quite funny. I ate loads of sweets and candies while listening to this. The milkshake on the back of the album makes me hungry and the songs Milkshake and Trick me are the best songs, I cannot tell you all the good things about this album because it would take so long but all I can tell you now is that the album has some good RnB and Dance influinces to it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Overtly Freudian in Places, But Worth A Listen, 18 Jan 2012
This review is from: Kelis - Tasty (Audio CD)
Kelis' album, Tasty, probably propelled here into that sexual pin-up stratosphere, with those provocative tracks like Milkshake, Trick Me, and even the title track giving that kind of innuendo humour which is present throughout the album. Whilst this album might be Freudian in places, particularly with its sexually comic lyrics, the rest of the albums sound like vintage R&B, which is a common musical observation that many popular albums from that decade tended to do.
Millionaire provides an interesting collaboration with Andre 3000, of Outkast fame, and Sugar Honey Iced Tea can probably be played to death but still have that funky R&B vibe to it to make such a refreshing joy to revisit that track.
Tasty might be overtly Freudian in places, but worth a listen if you are a fan of R&B music from the early 2000s, and Kelis is certainly one of those R&B acts that deserves her place as a popular performer, known for her broad catalogue of musical capability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful with a great customer service, 14 Sep 2010
This review is from: Kelis - Tasty (Audio CD)
I have purchased a CD from them and unfortunately it arrived used , not brand new as described but they contacted me after I wrote a poor review as I buy lots of products on Amazon and a lot of companies ignore my complaints so I wasn't even bothered to email them with another complaint. I was nicely surprised that they contacted me and offered me a replacement CD.
I am very happy with the service they provide as I do not have good experience with buying CD on Amazon.
Thank you once again!

5.0 out of 5 stars MMMMMM tasty!, 26 Dec 2003
This review is from: Kelis - Tasty (Audio CD)
A friend of mine asked me to describe this album to them and this is what i came up with
'Sassy, moody, sophisticated, funky, fresh, trendy, different, warm and edgy with a DAMN sexy undertone.'
and he agreed with me completely. Ive always loved kelis. her style, presence and not being afraid to being different drew me to her from the begining.Her first two albums were brilliant but they both took a while to grow on me and ill be honest with you this one took sometime to, but not as long as the other two. this album is SO fresh, her trademark neptunes colabo's are still there but working with other people has really made her shine. This women is amazing and this album proves it completely. so if you're into rock, jazz, r'n'b, pop, funk, alternative, dance, whatever your music taste trust me this album wont fail to impress. Taste it you may like it!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Tasty........, 28 Nov 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Kelis - Tasty (Audio CD)
Back in '99 Music TV channels were clogged up with requests to play 'Caught Out there' with the chant ' I hate you so much right now' and then a screaming Kelis.
Another failing album later (Wanderland) and Kelis returns to the scene with the sexy chic vibes of 'Milkshake'. Next up, she released 'Trick Me' one of the most sucessful sounds of the summer of 2004 due to the carribbean style beats and easy to listen to vocals. The third song to be taken from Tasty was the amazingly spohisticated 'Millionaire' featuring outkasks 'Andree 3000' this is possibly my favourite song (check out the cosmopolitan vibe to it)
'In public' is a good song aswell. if not a bit suestive, and other good songs are 'sugar honey iced tea' and i also like 'marathon' and 'golw'
Is this album Tasty? Yes it bl*ody well is!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Jan 2014
Really like this album

4.0 out of 5 stars KELIS, YOU ARE AN ACE GIRL!!!, 19 Nov 2005
This review is from: Kelis - Tasty (Audio CD)
Kelis, what can I say, you are FANTASTIC! I loved this CD from when I first got it. The album is sexy, fabulous and a beautiful new urban artist (Well, not NEW necessarily). Move over Jamelia, roll on Kuh-leese! 'Intro' is funny, a strange beginning to Tasty. 'Trick Me' is a fun song, GREAT 4 dancing 2 and a funky tune; though I don't like the remark with 'dick' in it. 'Milkshake', we all know, a classic urban tune we can all relate to. I LOVE it!!! 'Keep it Down' is one of my favourites, a mixture between urban and rock with a hard drum whack at the beginning of the song. 'In Public', one of the singles released on 4th April this year, is another GREAT song. 'Let's get it on in public'. LOVED IT!!! Roll on Kelis! 'Flashback' is a weak song, a boring tune that I don't much care for. 'Protect My Heart' makes up for it! Love it!! 'Millionaire' was another single, a song that I quite like. The video is strange but cool. 'Glow' is OK, hmmm? Don't particularly like it. 'S.H.I.T' is alright, a bit weird but GOOD! 'Attention' is a song I don't really remember. It's OK, but a bit weak. 'Rolling thru the Hood' is cool, I LOVE her vocals on this one!!! 'Stick Up' is a song I LOVVVVVVVVVEEEE! FABULOUS, KELIS ROGERS!!! 'Marathon' is OK but not a gr8 end to the CD. BUY IT!!!!!! YOU'LL LUV IT!

3.0 out of 5 stars I love Kelis but was rather disappointed....., 20 July 2004

Kelis - Tasty
Kelis - Tasty by Kelis (Audio CD - 2003)