on 18 April 2016
delivery was great in perfect condition didn't run auto but did run manually so got it to install with no problems runs great I have windows 8.1 I like the game 5 stars all the way I love it
on 2 July 2015
It's very disappointing to receive a new game and not be able to play. It has not installed properly and there has been NO FEEDBACK from the so-called technical support team. It's the first time ever a game has not installed on my PC and I'm raging mad.
on 31 July 2014
Singles I wish I was in it too
in real live!!
what a star!!

Mick
on 5 May 2009
You need a good computer, thats really all i can say, as i didn't get much of a play on it!
VINE VOICEon 1 July 2005
Until I bought Singles, I was a computer games virgin! I haven't played a computer game since Infocom stopped making them - and that makes me over 40.
I must say that I was intrigued by the concept of Singles. I found it amusing and relaxing and I am well aware that this kind of emotion is NOT de rigeur amongst gameers, most of whom infinately prefer the 'shoot the bad guy NOW' kind of games which I simply wasn't interested in.
Contrary to other's reviews, this game held my attention and still does. I play for a couple of hours at a time and although it is slow, that's just about the speed I can handle.
SO for other PC game virgins, Singles is a great way to get started. For the more sophistcated gamers (and all those under 25), I certainly wouldn't recommend it!
Definitely for the oldies amongst us who need a more sombre way to get our entertainment than "Total War" provides.
on 2 December 2004
boring...what more can be said?
Played the sims for years and after much reference to Singles I bought it, supposed to be 'sexier' than the sims...forget it, its about as interesting as watching paint dry.
Game play is slow and tedious, the story line is set. A very poor imitation of The Sims.
The only saving grace is the graphics. Excellent 3D work
on 19 July 2004
This game is about as addictive as a slider puzzle. The player faces a fatal lack of game features: his characters can't share tasks - can't even brush teeth together - much less cook, offer a glass of wine - they can't pose questions, since there are no true dialogue choices - indeed there's no true speech in either textual or audio form in the game. In fact, the characters are best imagined deaf - their "speech" being a phonic gibberish rather like that of the deaf, but without the signage - and, after all, one never hears a doorbell ring or a TV.
Gameplay does not extend outside the apartment, so they can't go out to shop, or out to flirt with anyone at a pub - the player can't direct their thoughts while they watch TV or eat... If allowed to, these characters will sit on a toilet seat for 40 minutes and require 10 to wash their hands.
Much "gameplay" consists of repetitive toilet breaks and plumbing or electrical repairs that the characters appear to resent even more than the player - yet these characters, again, cannot help each other, talk while they repair, sympathize, advise, admire or show gratitude. They can't even "say" goodnight, hello, or goodbye. In lieu of speech, they silently harbour grudges and if not satisfied, withhold affection or friendship.
There are advocates that laud this game's European characteristics (i.e., non-American, Japanese etc.) characteristics - however, whatever these special, meritorious characteristics are, they escape me: the game characters are LOCKED into a dialy routine totally unlike life in (e.g.) Athens or Barcelona. These characters are required to eat hours before anyone in Spain, the Czech Republic, or Greece would - there's no Spanish "once" - indeed, they're so helpless that if they leave in the morning without breakfast or going potty, they're incapable of remedying these problems during the workday - when you next see them return from work, they're panicked to go potty and half-dead from lack of food. The player can feel tempted throughout this "gameplay" to mock German social life - but the game is certainly not fair to them either. Where the heck are the Gasthaueser? The stand-ups of Duesseldorf? The late night dining in Cologne? And these characters don't imbibe - no use of spirits to lubricate socialability.
What's perhaps worst - the game "engine" is a dullard. Alice-like 3D characters move in a "CAD Light/Home Architect" setting, but the game load/unload is so extremely weighty that expansion of the game software to permit "spawning" other environments (movie houses, pubs, worplaces, etc.) would be unthinkable. I have low expectations for any Singles 2 - though - for heavens sake - dialogue choices could certainly be added!
Lastly, I find the game characters - "people" who by nature are incapable of simple greetings, expressions of sympathy or gratitude, and who can't share tasks but hold grudges - socially and psychologically malformed - if not simply stupid, oafish and boring.
If you like this sort of "game", may the force be with you. I admit I've never played SIM...
on 8 July 2004
This game is sad and people who like it need to get a life! Give me Total War any day!
on 8 July 2004
People who like this game really need to get a life. Its boring and sad. Give me Total War any day!
on 2 June 2004
I bought this game about a month ago. Unfortunately due to the fact that the system requirements on the Amazon page were incorrect I couldn't play the game on my computer. This game needs loads of memory and a very fast processor, so unless you have 2 ghz or more, don't buy the game. I played this game at work. The system there is a P4 with 1.5 ghz. Even this computer had problems playing the game. Every time I added an item to the flat it would slow the game play. The other annoying thing is that the game auto saves every 5 minutes and it take ages!!! I couldn't find where to switch this off.
The graphics are good, and so they should be. Basically you move in and then try and get each others kit off. After a couple of hours I was bored. Its too much hassle trying to get a relationship going. As the relationship moves along the characters themselves will have conversations that come up on the screen in a box. My bloke asked the woman for a shag! I wasn't expecting that.
So sum up: system requirements are minimum P4 1GHz with 500MB RAM. Optimum: 2GHZ and above with even more memory. Can get boring pretty quickly.

See one answered question