5.0 out of 5 stars First use of Travel Iron review
I used the iron for the first time on a trip to Malta. It was easy to use and was very effective. I had linen trousers which crease easily but the iron soon dealt with these. It is quite heavy so does take up a bit of your weight allowance but it was worth it to know that I could rinse out an item of clothing while away and give it a quick iron.
Published on 27 April 2009 by J. Rogers

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor results
I chose this iron based on the positive reviews, however was extremely disappointed with the results. The iron is fiddly to start with, doesn't heat up enough and has nearly no effect on the creases. I would not recommend anyone buy this product.
-p
Published on 16 Nov. 2010 by P. Vir

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars First use of Travel Iron review, 27 April 2009
J. Rogers - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kenwood Discovery ST060A Travel Iron, 618-735 Watt (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars great peice of kit, 15 May 2010
I bought this as a result of the reviews already on the site.
I did try it on the linen first and it works just great.
I know it is a little heavy if anything but that is not a problem - I'll just leave a pair of trainers behind when I go on holiday. As previously stated just use the steam in short bursts as the water has a tendanacy to flow out - but it does state this in the instruction. Would not hesitate to recommend this iron

4.0 out of 5 stars A good travel iron, 24 Aug. 2009
The ironing results are very good, it folds well and is easy to use. What stopped it getting five stars is the fact that the body of the iron is rather hot after use and it is easier to switch off at the socket rather than turn down to minimum.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - every suitcase needs one, 27 July 2010
I loved this super light little steam iron. Alright, it may not be as good as a full size one but I would say it's about 2/3rds as good - maybe even 3/4rs. It's got a silicone base cover so that you can pack it when it still may be slightly warm. I take it in the box that it came in, but I would prefer to have a little carry case for it - although can't really expect one at such a reasonable price though. Highly recommended for any crease free trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars steam iron, 4 Oct. 2009
Su (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This is a great travel stream iron.

It is an interesting retro design - looks like a 1930s design.

There is little difference in the weight and general size of this iron against any other travel iron. The soleplate is a nice design and easy to clean.

The steam jets are concentrated in a cluster towards the point of the soleplate and are quite powerful. The water tank is smallish but holds enough for a couple of items of clothing. The temperature control is easy to use.

This is a good item to take with you on a holiday or short break, and is extremely useful if travelling for work purposes.

The electric cable is a reasonable length provided the socket isn't at the bottom of the wall and the nearest flat surface isn't a couple of feet away (I always pack an extension cable in the bag as well, just in case). The cable wraps round the handle from front to back and has it's own clip to keep it in place. As with any iron it gets very hot and needs to be allowed time to cool down before you put it away.

It comes with a slip on cover for the base of the iron.

This is one of several travel irons that we have, and it is one that I would recommend to family and friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenwood Discovery travel Iron, 27 Nov. 2010
Excellent good quality product. Great value for money. Does not take up valuable weight in the suitcase and you get great results on all types of material. I would certainly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars kenwood Discovery ST060A, 26 Oct. 2013
our old travel iron was a little bit tired so we decided to retire it! I trawled through the web and based on brand alone I thought Kenwood would do the job perfectly, we tried it out at home first to see if it would dissapoint us and sure enough it did not. The iron itself is fairly light, quite robust and has good steam power to iron out those stubborn creases. The iron also comes with a generous power cable length and a handy detachable water container which needs filling up regularly as the steam blast is fairly powerful. If I had to be super critical then filling up with water frequently would be just that, but was not really an issue for us as the iron did a good job.

5.0 out of 5 stars travel iron, 5 Jun. 2010
Rhubey Tuesday (Strathclyde Scotland) - See all my reviews
does what it says on the box - small and neat style easy to fill and doesn't take up much room in the case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenwood Travel Iron, 12 Feb. 2011
This iron is FANTASTIC and anybody that says otherwise is talking through the back of their heads. I bought it for quilting and after reading the bad reviews I had second thoughts about it but had ordered it. It gets hot really quickly and does the job superbly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenwood Discovery ST60 Travel Iron, 26 Aug. 2009
Howard Ghrist - See all my reviews
Excellent deal. Good design/ colours/ price, light, works very well even on cotton shirts. What more can you say, right?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›