5.0 out of 5 stars My guilty pleasure
I absolutely love midsomer murders. It may be set in a village and targeted more at older people (I'm 15) but I still love it with the bigoted villagers and beautiful scenery. It reminds me so much of where I live, without the violent murders. Each episode has a dramatic storyline and an ending which you would never have predicted and it's surprising the amount of famous...
Published on 19 May 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not complete
Advertised as complete. but the episode "Dead Mans Eleven" is missing and the last episode of series 3 "Beyond the Grave" is in its place. Add to that that the episodes are not in the correct order and you have as very shoddy repackaging of the better boxset "A Collection of Ten Investigations"......which IS complete series 1 and 2.
Published on 26 July 2009 by I. Cownie

‹ Previous | 15 6 721 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent entertainment, 24 Mar. 2014
The usual great entertainment from this series - intriguing (if highly improbable!) plots, likeable main protagonists, glorious English countryside. What's not to like? To clarify previous comments about "duplication" of episodes, if you buy all the Series, from One and Two onwards, you will see all the episodes broadcast over the years. The "Collections" (one of which I initially purchased) contain random selections of episodes. Much better if you are a fan of Midsomer to purchase the "series" editions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 Nov. 2013
Posy (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
I love the first episode of Midsomer - The Killings at Badgers Drift - but ITV don't seem to show it very often but now I can watch whenever I want.

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to watch, 31 Dec. 2013
Bought for my daughter who is an avid fan. Wouldn't want to live in Midsummer...must have an extremely high crime rate! Very comfy, easy watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enthralling!, 17 Mar. 2012
Anyone who is a fan of Midsomer Murders will not be disappointed with this DVD box. I am treating myself to the complete series, little by little, although all the stories stand by themsleves: it is not necessary to have seen series 1 and 2 in order to follow series 3 and 4. Even so, I would strongly advise to begin at the beginning......much more enjoyable.
If you have never seen this detective series, all I can say is that it is the best!!!!! Buy it!

1.0 out of 5 stars By far, the WORST Midsomer episode ever made, 3 Oct. 2009
Reed Pitkunigis (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
As most of you know, John Nettles is leaving Midsomer Murders after next season to explore other options. I've read one of the reasons is that the scripts for Midsomer are getting worse due to budget cuts. This is certainly the case here. I love every episode of Midsomer made, but this one is a real clunker !! Poor, simplistic writing, way too much time spent watching Jones play cricket. You can see Nettles is just sleep walking through this one. Save you money on this one, just rent it and return it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Midsomer Murders, 11 Jun. 2014
DVD arrived on the date stated, although I had paid extra for this so wouldn't have expected anything else! Purchase was for my 14 year old son who is hooked on the John Nettles episodes of Midsomer Murders, he wanted value for money so ordered a set that included two series of the programme. Can't complain, it kept him quiet on a long car journey, he watched three episodes back to back!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 24 Sept. 2011
As a great Midsomer fan the killings at badgers Drift was for me one of the best. The bizarre collection of characters especially the Rainbirds made it unmissable. This was one of the more dark Midsomers, perhaps even a little Gothic. One I feel you can watch again and again. Bodys appearing everywhere, strange mother and son relationships, just brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 6 Dec. 2012
I did enjoy this enormously, it was well up to standard, I can't say much more than this and expecting one to put a load of insincere words in just to justify the amount of words needed is daft, it's much better to put a few words and be utterly sincere, I wont be bothering to review the others - you can take them as read on this one!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless classic, 6 Jun. 2013
I'm very biased when it comes to Midsummer Murders as its my favourite programme, and this is no exception to all the others, its comfort viewing at its best, with all your favourite characters and edge of your seat scripts, and Tom with his one liners and the lovely Joycie whose a true pillar of the community and domestic goddess,,,,

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best Midsomer Murder!, 9 May 2004
By A Customer
If you are a fan of the series, you will love this episode! Clever writing, fantastic characters and a great twist in the tale make this unmissable! It is definitely one of my favourites and I never tire of watching it. Also, it has probably the scariest killer of any Midsomer mystery! Don't miss this one!

‹ Previous | 15 6 721 | Next ›