5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, inexpensive and just keeps going
Published on 21 Oct 2007 by Dr Pooky Knightsmith

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality product
I agree with the review above - I have had this product for less than three years and after a limited amount of use one of my beaters has also fallen apart. For environmetnal reasons I am just going to replace the broken beater but I am frustrated that the initial product was poor quality and that the replacement is nearly the same price as the initial product.
Published on 3 Nov 2008 by Kerals

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, inexpensive and just keeps going, 21 Oct 2007
This review is from: Kenwood HM220 3-Speed Hand Mixer (Kitchen & Home)
I have been using my Kenwood Hand Mixer very regularly for about 3 years now. It was inexpensive, dead easy to use just plug it in and select one two or three - one is equivalent to folding and three is high speed mixing with two falling somewhere in the middle. The Mixer attachements are dishwasher safe, and the handheld unit can be wiped with a cloth if you get it dirty.

An excellent buy - I'm glad I didn't spend any more as I'm very happy with this product and would highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hand mixer, 13 Feb 2010
Shaya (Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Kenwood HM220 3-Speed Hand Mixer (Kitchen & Home)
This is a perfectly adequate hand held mixer, it is fairly light weight, easy to hold and easy to use. It has 2 whisk beaters that slot easily into the main unit and there is an eject button on the top of the main unit to remove them once you have finished mixing. The beaters can be stored on the mixer using a plastic holder that slips neatly into the main unit, thus having it all together so you don't have to root around in the drawer when you need them, very handy. The cord wraps around the back of the unit and is secured with a clip. This model only has the whisk beaters but there is another model that has dough hooks supplied Kenwood HM320 Hand Mixer (White). It is fairly quiet and mixes very well with its 3 speeds. I have had mine over 3 years and it has served me well, I mainly use mine to mix meringues and whip cream but sometimes I use it to make sponge cakes if I don't feel like getting the food processor out. It is easy to clean, you just wipe over the main unit with a damp cloth.
It would be handy if there was a stand to rest it on while mixing as it makes my arm aches holding it for long periods.
If you need a mixer for occasional use then I think this is quite adequate. It is small and neat and doesn't take up much room in the cupboard.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality product, 3 Nov 2008
Kerals (Norwich, UK) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality beaters, 28 July 2009
This review is from: Kenwood HM220 3-Speed Hand Mixer (Kitchen & Home)
I've had the same experience as Totoro: "I have used this set of handmixer less than 10 times. The motorized part seemed to work well though. However because the beaters are not full metal and have a plastic part holding them together, it fell apart. It's not easy to get the replacements either. I wish they would simply sell the full metal replacements for this. Don't buy this product. Make sure you buy one with a full metal beater."

Identical replacement beaters incl. postage would be nearly the price of buying the hand mixer itself again. I've been told that no "all metal beaters" will work with this model. I informed Kenwood of the poor beaters and they replied that they were sorry for my disappointment end of story! Great customer service there!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Affordeable and efficient., 17 April 2011
RM/TM (UK.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Kenwood HM220 3-Speed Hand Mixer (Kitchen & Home)
I'm impressed with this hand-blender for the following reasons. The interchangeable beaters and dough hooks are very easy to swap over (click into place, push-button release). The electric cord is a good length. It's a comfortable appliance to hold (I tried several others that were quite heavy before plumping for this one). And the motor runs well - no sense of it straining or overheating on the higher settings.

True, it isn't in the polished chrome or brushed steel that is currently en-vogue, and it doesn't come with a recipe book or any fancy packaging, but it's reliable and good value. I use it to whip cream, as I always find that an arm-ache inducing task manually (2 mins on low), and to make quick cake and pancake batters. Not flashy, but very much a 'does what it says on the tin' product.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality beaters, 28 Feb 2011
This review is from: Kenwood HM220 3-Speed Hand Mixer (Kitchen & Home)
Very disappointed. My beaters also broke at the plastic section. The machine was fine but without the beaters it is rendered useless. I had used it only a few times for light duties and was hoping to get replacements but this is clearly not economic. I do not possess a dishwasher so this cannot be the reason. My advise is to buy mixers with all metal beaters.

2.0 out of 5 stars Maggie's review, 25 Oct 2008
Ms. M. J. Miller "Maggie" (Dorset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kenwood HM220 3-Speed Hand Mixer (Kitchen & Home)
I've had one of these for about 3 years. It hasn't had a lot of use as I have other food mixers and processor so only really use for creaming small cakes and whisking up cream or eggs. The beaters have come apart and to get a new set would cost me (with postage etc) almost the same as a new mixer. I consider this to be poor value. The last Kenwood hand mixer I owned I had for about 20 years, ditto with my Kenwood Chef so it looks like quality is poorer now. I am about to buy a new hand mixer now and won't be getting one of these.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality beaters....., 27 Dec 2008
Totoro (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality and value, 7 May 2012
This review is from: Kenwood HM220 3-Speed Hand Mixer (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this hand mixer 11 months ago and have used it no more than half a dozen times. Today I used it and it started smoking - a lot! I know it was only cheap, but I expected it to last longer after such light usage. Needless to say, I would not recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont waste your money, 11 Mar 2012
R. Collins (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kenwood HM220 3-Speed Hand Mixer (Kitchen & Home)
I've had two kenwood beaters, this one and the more expensive chrome one. Both died in under a year with very little usage - the beaters stopped turning. I thought the first occasion was just bad luck, so bought the white only to have the same thing happen again. I will be buying a different manufacturer for my next hand mixer - Kenwood clearly has a problem.

Kenwood HM220 3-Speed Hand Mixer