4.0 out of 5 stars Thaws the chill
I bought one of these during the very cold winter last year and we are just considering buying a second. I have just looked at the product page and found two negative reviews ... not reflective of our experience.
Published on 6 Dec 2010 by Lozroy

1.0 out of 5 stars Dimplex 3KW Convector Heater
Published on 17 Sep 2010 by S.J.S.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thaws the chill, 6 Dec 2010
This review is from: Dimplex Convector Heater with Thermostat, 3 kW (Kitchen & Home)
Our house is of poor thermal construction with parts being over 200 years old, so we find it pretty expensive to run the central heating during the day when we spend most of our time in the office. Having a bulky, mock burner, fan heater, which we find noisy and not very efficient and having bought an oil filled radiator, which we found to be absolutely useless, we thought we'd try a decent brand name product.
When it arrived, it seemed rather lightweight, so our hopes were not high. Easily fitted the feet in no time and very soon had a comfortably warm room.
We have now tried it in the living room, instead of the noisy fan heater. It works better and doesn't bother the dog, who has to avoid the vicinity of the fan heater.
The only down side is that when set with both switches on and it kicks into full heat mode, it make a low level whistle/whine, which can be a little aggravating, but it doesn't stay on for long, so we are reasonably content to put up with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dimplex 3KW Convector Heater, 17 Sep 2010
Following the breakdown of my gas central heating boiler, I ordered two of these heaters as a temporary stopgap. One worked ok apart from a high-pitched buzzing which prevents my using it in a quiet bedroom, but the other had a crackling sound, with some sparks, each time the thermostat triggered the heater. Amazon promptly sent a replacement but a side handle was broken and a screw for one of the feet was missing (and the high-pitched buzzing was louder on this one). I switched the handles and foot screw (rather than use superglue) before sending the faulty heater back. Overall, the design of the heater is very modern, streamlined and elegant, but the three that I have experienced have disappointed for a variety of reasons. The product is not well protected by its thin outer box and its surprisingly minimal interior packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good example, 30 Nov 2012
The world is awash with heaters. This is a good example. Better than a fan heater, and of course silent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty happy, 9 Jan 2012
Delivery was within a week, which (bearing in mind it was the week before Xmas) was very impressive.

Heater is lightweight and simple as you like to set up. You basically attach the legs and switch it on. We use it as a back up for very cold days as our house is very old and without double glazing (not permitted).

It performs this task very well but I wouldn't have it as the only source of heat because it just isn't powerful enough for that.

We've been using it fairly regularly for the last four weeks and are very happy. Good value for money but I would recommend it as an additional heater only.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dimplex Heater, 15 Dec 2011
Best cheap heater I've ever bought for our garage conversion. We had a panel one which just didn't make it warm enough, however, the Dimplex 3KW Convector Heater actually makes it HOT within minutes. If you're looking for a reasonably priced heater (that provides instant heat) for a smallish room, then this is the one to buy.

2.0 out of 5 stars It didn't work, 11 Oct 2013
One arrival we fitted the legs and placed the fire in the position required. However when we put the power switch to "on" nothing happened. The red light failed to come on. We returned the fire as faulty and the supplier gave us a rapid refund. Full marks to the supplier.No marks to Dimplex.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very bad, 7 Feb 2012
I bought this heater last June and I used it just now,probably 4 times and it broke down. From the beginning I could hear some buzzing sound but I thought that was normal and tonight broke down. Very bad quality and I am not in the UK at the moment to return it.So,if you like to buy a heather- don't buy this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars electrical problem, 19 April 2014
Bought one of these and tested OK, but soon afterwards it started tripping out the consumer unit circuit - this indicates an electrical problem, not necessarily unsafe, but needs repair or replacement. This could indicate poor quality control in assembly.

5.0 out of 5 stars simple heater, 4 Feb 2014
I think this is better than a fan heater, they are noisy unlike this which runs in silence. good output too at 3KV, and the name Dimplex is the name and workmanship others strive for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good heater but does not last, 2 Feb 2014
This is a very good heater however has lasted me less than a year. I purchased this march 2013 and yesterday it stopped working!