5.0 out of 5 stars My only heating source in my one bed flat
I bought this heater in January. Now it's April and I can say that it was worth every penny.

I must mention that I didn't buy it for the look. My flat is all-electric, so I bought it, because I needed a more efficient heater.

Published on 25 April 2010 by T. Toth

3.0 out of 5 stars Yeominster Radiant Fire
There is little choice available in radiant electric fires. This fire has been on the market for many years and does its job at a reasonable price. My only complaint is the styling. It is a pity that a style more suitable for modern houses is not available. There are good British designers who could bring the design up to date.
Published on 6 Mar. 2012 by John

5.0 out of 5 stars My only heating source in my one bed flat, 25 April 2010
T. Toth (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dimplex Yeominster Electric Heater (Kitchen & Home)

Before I got this, I was using a 2.4kW oil radiator and a 1.2kW halogen heater. The oil radiator was too slow to warm up and consumed way too much energy and the halogen heater just wasn't enough. With these two heaters working on high setting, it was still freezing cold in my flat. I also had a De'Longhi fan heater before, which is very efficient, but your energy bill will be sky high.
This electric fireplace was a perfect heating alternative. I usually leave my doors wide open anyway, so it heats up the living room, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and hallway as well. It doesn't have a timer or thermostat, so I use a timer that I bought separately. I set it to switch on about 30 mins before I get home and turn off when I leave. Good thing is that it heats up quickly, so you don't need to keep the heating on all day in order to make your heating more efficient.
There are two bars that you can turn on separately. When it was very cold, I was using both. Since the weather has become milder, I use only one bar but not all the time. I think it consumes 1kW per bar plus 60W for the light (the light is always on).

If you get it for the look, I would give it maybe a 3*. The wood doesn't look real at all. The flickering log effect looks fake too; it is produced by a metal cap that starts spinning from the heat. It's not bad though if you look at the price.
I like that the light is not as bright as of my halogen heater's and it won't bother you at all. It is actually very nice.

It won't heat things behind, below and next to it, so it's not a fire hazard if you don't put anything close in front of it. I keep it about 6-10 inches from the wall and I placed it directly on my [low] carpet. When I put my hand on the carpet below and in front of the heater, it's just warm.

Overall, I think this product is fantastic and would definitely recommend.

Hope this helps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ticked the boxes for my requirements, 30 Jan. 2013
I wanted a tried and tested straight forward electric fire for my elderly father. Something he could use easily that would be reliable. The delivery was quick and efficient and the fire arrived earlier than anticipated. My father is delight ed with the performance of the fire and our only criticism is the slightly "blingy" gold decoration on the back piece but it doesn't affect the efficiency of the fire. By today's standards its a bit old fashioned but then so is my Pa, now in his mid eighties and he is toastie and warm so boxes all ticked Bravo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yeominster RADIANT electric fire, 28 Mar. 2013
MJ (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
We do not like fan/hot air heaters as they tend to dry up the throat and give less satisfying heat than radiant heaters. However, apart from halogen heaters, the range of radiant heaters is extremely limited. However, this fire is excellent for conventional fireplaces. Accordingly, after ordering one of these fires to try, I immediately ordered two more for other rooms. I cannot speak too highly of the supplier, Palmer Riley Electrical Distribution. I ordered the first unit on a Friday night, it was despatched on the Saturday and arrived Monday morning. I saw there were a number of Yeominster fires advertised in Amazon and enquired of the supplier whether there were different models, to which they replied by return email that there was only one model, whatever the description, and suggested I ordered the cheapest advertised. Accordingly, I did precisely this on Wednesday lunchtime, ordering two more fires which were despatched the same day and received on the following morning!

5.0 out of 5 stars cold no more, 29 May 2012
this is an elderly neighbour i have and her fire broke, i tried every where and it was the kind with a fan
she does not like them she says the bars are a far better heat ,and yes amazon came to the rescue price great
and inclusive of postage well done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yeominster Electric Heater, 17 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Dimplex Yeominster Electric Heater (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this electric heater for my father who wanted a fire to provide background heat in the spring and autumn before he fully turned on the electric heating. It provides exactly that, and he also says that he likes the slight flicker to the 'coals' on the top. Personally I would prefer that the gold effect decoration be removed as it cheapens the appearance - the same colour as the surround would do it for me.

Overall it fitted exactly the space my father wanted it to fit, he likes it, it does the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very efficient electric heater - most recommended, 8 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Dimplex Yeominster Electric Heater (Kitchen & Home)
Many others have reviewed the effectiveness of this heater and I agree with them, this is really a very efficient form of heating. One bar can heat a whole room and I am so pleased I purchased this item now the weather is getting colder. It is an ideal form of secondary heating. I know other reviewers have been less enthusiastic about the appearance of this appliance and I can see that aesthetically is is dated, but it functions faultlessly and above all no noisy fan mechanism. I just suggest to prospective purchasers - cosmetically, buck the trend of ubiquitous pebbles and the like and go retro; be different [and very cosy], with this Dimplex heater!

5.0 out of 5 stars warm at last!, 30 Nov. 2012
Bought this for a smallish living room, does the job really well. I love the old fashioned look of it, and the heat is great, had the blow heaters and others before but this is way better in my opinion. Well made and gives the impression it will last and last. Would happily recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yeominster RADIANT electric fire, 28 Mar. 2013
MJ (West Midlands) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Dimplex Yeominster electric heater, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Dimplex Yeominster Electric Heater (Kitchen & Home)
The heater arrived as promised. There was a minor problem the light bulb behind the log effect did not work and I replaced it as it was a minor problem and not worth returning the product.The heater is as described and ideal for the room I chose it for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Yeominster Radiant Fire, 6 Mar. 2012