5.0 out of 5 stars Brambly hedge Classic collect DVD
A charming childrens DVD that will impress old or young The story lines are sensible and the with the wonderful graphics create a most enjoyable video Even as an adult I find myself smiling at the antics of these little field mice Cant wait for some of the others in the series to be released on DVD
Published on 31 July 2009 by Ms. Audrey Farthing

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a bit dark and scary one, although my ...
It's a bit dark and scary one,although my 5 yrs old likes it very much.i prefer her not to watch it honestly ! But as I said she likes it .!
Published 4 months ago by Amy

5.0 out of 5 stars Brambly hedge Classic collect DVD, 31 July 2009
This review is from: Brambly Hedge: Classic Collection [DVD] (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT purchase: charming entertaining affordable!!, 2 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Brambly Hedge: Classic Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Previously having to settle with just my one worn VHS of Autumn/Winter Story, I bought this DVD from Amazon UK in 2006, and it has brought me and my entire family (including my retired old mother) SO much delight and a longing to see more of these wonderful animated films that unfortunately are STILL too hard (=impossible in Sweden)to find!!!

Just like in the books, the world of Brambly Hedge is inviting, the settings highly detailed, the stories are charming and teach good values in a non-preachy manner while also managing to instill an awareness of the cycle of seasons and appreciation for the wonders of nature. Highly recommended to those who embrace nature-oriented spiritual paths.

A brilliantly crafted production, the animation, music and voices are just perfect. An image gallery and English subtitles are the only extras though but we were only after the films anyway.

Recently I was given Wind In The Willows as a box set, which sparked renewed hopes of the other animated Brambly Hedge stories being re-released for EVERYONE to enjoy this time around. I've also noticed - in my personal opinion - much, much less deserving children's shows are each year being released on DVD by the truckload that nonetheless seem to be selling quite well (only to be given away or discarded after a few months)... This one's a keeper folks.

So why not give these magical adaptations of Jill Barklem's creations the chance to enchant a new audience both young and old?! Maybe if lots of people buy this collection and write good reviews we'll get to see a full re-release soon! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 6 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Brambly Hedge: Classic Collection [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD (and the others in the series) is a fantastic animation of the Brambly Hedge books. They are great for young children, but I enjoy watching them too! The Brambly Hedge DVDs are so enjoyable that I can't understand why they are not more readily available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unmissable, 22 Jan. 2009
Mr. Paul Hill (South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brambly Hedge: Classic Collection [DVD] (DVD)
It is my belief that this charming series was only available originally and exclusively through "readers digest" or so it said years ago when i ordered the VHS tape version which have been watched,watched and rewatched and borrowed by freinds who responded it was a delight for thier children to see the magic of this wonderful series.
There are 8 episodes that i own and know of, the 4 on this dvd, The high hills, the secret staircase, popie's babies and Sea story.
The other 4 episodes i have are spring, summer, autumn and winter which are also just as magical and enjoyable as the episodes on this dvd, i would advise anyone to try and buy all 8 episodes as they truely are wonderful stories. i think that the 2 editions "Winter & Spring Stories" and "Summer & Autumn stories" are the two tapes that were only available exclusively through Readers Digest, a shame that they have not released the dvd versions, those of you lucky enough to still have a working VHS player will love these additional stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars a delightful entertainment, 20 Feb. 2005
This review is from: Brambly Hedge: Classic Collection [DVD] (DVD)
I had enjoyed the book so much, that I could not resist to buy the DVD. It is charming. We follow the little mice with the utmost pleasure through their discovery and adventures. It can be watched by young children and grown-ups as well. A wonderful gift to your grandchildren and children and a treat to yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet film, 30 July 2010
S. M. O'neill "Dizzygran" (Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brambly Hedge: Classic Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Beautifully made films for younger children - great attention to detail! I loved the feast on the table with the big red jelly!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars For the Grandchildren? No, for me!, 29 Feb. 2012
Red Hazel "Haze" (Stalybridge, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brambly Hedge: Classic Collection [DVD] (DVD)
I absolutely love Brambly Hedge. I supposedly bought it for my grandsons, but so far they haven't watched it. Doesn't matter really, as if the truth be known, I bought it just for myself, hehe. It's lovely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful!, 14 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Brambly Hedge: Classic Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Absolutely delightful. Hope to buy more in this series, even though I am over 50!

4.0 out of 5 stars simply enjoyable, 12 May 2011
Elizabeth Wilkins "lalamum" (Calne, Wilts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brambly Hedge: Classic Collection [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this for my 4 year old and 7 year old as a nice gentle dvd to watch on quiet days. The really enjoyed the stories and sat through the WHOLE dvd rather than the norm of 1/2 way through and give up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful series, 9 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Brambly Hedge: Classic Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Recently discovered these incredible books for our children, amazing illustrations - the 'world' created is so comforting and homely that you find yourself getting lost and absorbed in it. The videos are great; really high quality production and now loved by us and our children. Really wish that the other four episodes were still on release rather than having to scour ebay for them.

Brambly Hedge: Classic Collection [DVD]