on 2 April 2011
This coffee filter machine is really good.It keeps the coffee hot which no other coffee filters seem to do.I have one and I have bought my son one too.I have tried so many different ones but this is the only one that keeps it hot as well as making really good coffee.So 10 out of 10 .
on 2 October 2011
As mentioned in another review the machine is pretty basic and a bit overpriced. Nevertheless I chose it for its simplicity. I was contemplating buying a model with many more features for the same price. At the end I decided to go for the more straightforward option.

When you want to make coffee you simply fill the reservoir with water using the coffee jug and place a size 4 filter in the machine, fill it with the coffee required for the amount of water you have placed and how strong you like your coffee, press the two buttons and wait. Coffee comes out in minutes and most importantly nice and hot. Once it has finished making coffee u turn the bottom button off and you can keep the hotplate on for as long as you need. It doesn't turn off automatically like in other machines.

I would also say it's very easy to clean once you have finished using it.

I am very pleased with it and now I have time to learn how to use all the options in my microwave oven instead ... lol
on 15 February 2011
After much research my husband chose this coffee maker - and he wasn't wrong. Really good coffee that keeps really hot without burning. Last cup is as good as the first. Only problem is that it comes with a continental plug and the wrong adaptor. I have a proper adaptor so didn't both contacting the company for the right one.
on 11 September 2014
I have used this model for over 30yrs and was relieved to see that Braun still makes it. When my old white one finally died I replaced it
with a black one . The coffee is consistently good, the coffee maker is simple to use and clean and doesn't take over the kitchen counter! I have also bought one for my daughter when she moved to her new home.
on 27 May 2015
Couldn't buy one of these in the UK anywhere due to everybody following the fashion and buying those new espresso coffee machines. I recommend this coffee filter to anybody who like a proper cup of filter coffee all you need is some good coffee to filter, we get ours from Germany but I think you can buy it online of you search, we use Jacobs - very tasty. The seller was really good as well, even though they are based in Germany it arrived quicker than most things purchased online from the UK.
on 13 August 2010
I received the coffee filter with A SHAVER adaptor so it would not work. However TechnicsPro24 refunded the cost of a proper adaptor. They were very courteous and understanding and I would not hesitate to use them again. Maybe a proper adaptor should be posted in the first place to offset the disappointment of a unit not working.
on 25 April 2015
Why only three stars? First, the Braun arrived broken and took six weeks and a lot of nagging on our part before we received a replacement. Second, the Braun itself is quite flimsy. Older versions may have been tougher but not this model. The lid of the water tank arrived broken as it is thin and was clearly 'squashed' in transit. Although the Braun is low and meant to be able to slip under wall cupboards, it still has to be pulled out into the open in order to fill the water tank. Also, there is no automatic switch-off so you must remember to turn off the appliance.

The jug itself is quite good and pours well. The coffee is good and made quickly. Our overall view was that this is a little expensive for what it is but it does make good coffee.
on 17 October 2013
Match this machine with a good quality, lightly roasted coffee beans and a medium to course coffee grinds and you will be amazed at the taste, the volume and the ease of making. The other big plus is the ease of cleaning.
My last machine is over 16 years old and technically still works, it was used twice a day and only needed servicing three times, unfortunately no one imports the Braun coffee makers into Australia or services them any more.
Finding the best suited coffee bean that has been lightly roasted is the biggest challenge.
on 13 January 2015
Does exactly what you need - enough cups, good strong flavour, quickly, without fuss and bother. Came direct from Germany with a well engineered converter plug. Very pleased indeed. Would definitely recommend to anyone who is not an expresso addict.
on 28 October 2014
Great, simple, and reliable coffee maker. We bought this classic filter machine (rather than one of a more modern design) when our old Braun gave up the ghost after more than 20 years service. Very pleased with it.