5.0 out of 5 stars Song of the Decade
Published on 15 Dec. 2003 by Matthew Parker

1.0 out of 5 stars 1 Year On
Still Great!!!!!!!! God i love this song, i still cant get over it, so much emotion and so much truth. I can so relate to this song and it got me through some though times, i love it
Published on 22 Nov. 2004 by John Walker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Song of the Decade, 15 Dec. 2003
Matthew Parker (Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mad World [CD 1] (Audio CD)
This song whilst not reaching such hieghts in it's previous release by tears for fears is a song un-rivaled in my humble opinion. I heard the song once on the radio at the start of last week and can honestly say I was gutted to have to wait a week to be able to buy it. From a film of equal quality the song can have much read into it and can probably bring about much debate but aside from all that the music and lyrics just sound fantastic. It's one of few slow songs that has grabbed my attention but now I can't stop listening to it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 31 Dec. 2003
This review is from: Mad World [CD 1] (Audio CD)
This is a really haunting song. I've heard it mentioned in the press that it's depressing, but I find it beautiful. I love the simple arrangement - it's really chilled out. I'm so glad it was Christmas number one, it's much better than Christmas number ones of recent years.

5.0 out of 5 stars It surely is a Mad World if this does not get to number one!, 13 Dec. 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Mad World [CD 1] (Audio CD)
Christmas number ones are moments in time. Mad World is a very poignant reflection of the world today either by accident or design I don't care, it is pure genius. For anyone who loves music and buys this single they can at least tell their kids I was a part of making history. I believe as long as Simon Cowell does not buy up all the Pop Idol singles in the shops (sadly likely) then this could be the best selling single of the year. Now wouldn't that be a refreshing change!

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting but beautiful!!!!!!!!!!, 10 Jan. 2004
This review is from: Mad World [CD 1] (Audio CD)
What can I say about this song? I sit spell bound by its simplicity wondering whether to cry or to try and swallow the lump in my throat. I have not been affected by a song like this for a very long time and Gary Jules sings it beautifully. Buy it, you will not be disappointed!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars beauty on the airwaves, 26 Nov. 2003
This review is from: Mad World [CD 1] (Audio CD)
Wow. This song is probably the most beautiful, touching, sad, elegant piece of music i'v heard. It stirs your soul from the first note. Originally a Tears For Fears track, this version justifies the lyrics so much better than the original. Deeply emotive, almost perfect. God i love this song...

5.0 out of 5 stars Jaw-droppingly heart-wrenchingly beautiful cover, 23 Dec. 2003
N. Hall "nh3136" (Berks, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mad World [CD 1] (Audio CD)
Gary Jules has pulled off a timeless masterpiece of a cover of the old '82 Tears For Fears tune, which cannot fail to move even the most joyous and upbeat yuletide reveller. It would be the perfect soundtrack to watching snow falling (if we ever get to see any over this period), though I'm not sure it's really suitable as a Christmas no.1, but just think of the alternatives....a smug teenager or two, for example?

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking soul food, 28 Nov. 2003
Laura (|Liverpool UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mad World [CD 1] (Audio CD)
I bought the Donnie Darko soundtrack for this song, as it moved me soo much when I heard in on the film. I do remember the original and loved the lyrics then, but this version brings them to a whole new level. It still touches my soul and sends shivers down my spine every time I hear it. I know it will chart well and I hope everyone else enjoys it as much as I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars It grabbed my ear, and I was soo grateful for it, 1 Jan. 2004
Jeff Pearlman (Lakeland, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mad World [CD 1] (Audio CD)
This ended the "Now 56" collection with unexpected class. Couldn't stop hitting the "replay" button once I heard the line about the singer's best dreams being ones in which he dies. Very moving, and haunting--perfect for this time of the year. And 'ay, good luck in the Xmas 2003 chart sweepstakes, gents!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing!!!, 22 Dec. 2003
This review is from: Mad World [CD 1] (Audio CD)
This is one of the greatest songs ever. Played at the end of the film Donnie Darko, it really is an emotional masterpeice, a real tearjerker in the film and makes me feel very sombre and humble everytime i hear it.
Regardless of when this came out, Christmas or otherwise, this deserves to be number one, i cannot recommend it highly enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mesmorising, 5 Dec. 2003
This review is from: Mad World [CD 1] (Audio CD)
Have only heard it once asked a friend who is it?
Is it Michael Stipe?
Is it Alex Parks?
Who is it - I must have it.
Gary Jules.
Who?
Well now I know.
Once heard forever playing in my head.
The power of music.
Buy it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Mad World [CD 1]
Mad World [CD 1] by Michael Andrews (Audio CD - 2003)