5.0 out of 5 stars conan
I have read all the conan stories and seen the films, now i've played thegame. I have not read a good review for it yet, for reasons I cannotfathom. I think the game is great - the scenes, the game-play, everything.It has had me engrossed in it, and I am not easy to satisfy. My onlyadvice to people is to buy it and try it for yourself as I did.
Published on 26 April 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear
Very old fashioned. Not much fun as it is very hard to control and the graphics engine is very old.
Published on 12 April 2009 by Shrike1313

5.0 out of 5 stars conan, 26 April 2004
By A Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Kinda cool, 21 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Conan (PC) (Video Game)
Ya the game was cool. Som awkward controls but that's all.i wish I would have aged better
So if you are a Conan fan I say give it a try

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, 12 April 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly Disappointing, 7 Mar. 2004
Jimfuno (Norwich, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Conan (PC) (Video Game)
Using the name of one of the all time great fantasy films, and being a huge 3 cd package using state of the art graphics I had high expectations for Conan. Normally I'm as positive as possible with my reviews mentioning any originality or unique plus points. However, lets get straight to the point - the gameplay is DIRE... It astounds me how a game like this with the competition out there can be released with such appalling interactivity. The combat looks intriguing at first with the possibility of many special moves however you soon realise it boils down to clicking repeatedly with most enemies, or blocking between clicks against enemies with weapons. If any of you are a fan of fantasy/sword games with elements of rpg/adventure then you'll remember Codemasters classic "Severance". This game doesn't even come close to Severance graphically without even mentioning the gameplay! The environments are bland and un-detailed, and there are no items you can interact with apart from slashing some things out the way. Or picking up magically appearing health cups that float above the ground helping you stay well and truly withdrawn from the gameworld. Severance also had smart enemies that would hide from you or fight with surprising speed and cunning blocking your attacks. Their shields would break as would yours but much much more than this you could MOVE! You could strafe to the side or duck and jump. Conan is as clunky as it is dull... "click click click click click click - next - click click.." you get the picture... within 10 enemies you're bored! The only things I can say I like about this game is the music score they've taken from the film (Basil Poledouris at his best), and the name of the game! Neither of which are original... Apart from the improved graphics this type of gameplay belongs in the 80's early 90's - Please try the demo before buying or take my word for it... give this total failure a miss!

Conan (PC)
Conan (PC) by TDK (Windows 2000 / 98 / Me / NT / XP)