5.0 out of 5 stars This is the proper version!!
After reading other reviews slating this film for a less exciting ending and having missing songs.... please read up on the history of this musical. It is a stage production and this Disney version stays very true to the stage musical and score. There are still omissions, in particular the Herbert Hoover song by the homeless people and also the Tomorrow song in the White...
Published on 15 Nov 2008 by Honeypie

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot of money but not much love
Annie is watchable enough, but despite the lavish budget - not always apparent onscreen - it never hits the highs. More solid than inspired, and typically anonymous for a later John Huston film, Arlene Sellers characteristically derivative and unimaginative choreography is a problem: all too often at cross-purposes with the plot, the dancers manage to make it look better...
Published on 17 May 2011 by Trevor Willsmer

1.0 out of 5 stars The DVD did not work, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: Annie (Special Anniversary Edition) [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
The DVD did not work. I am very disappointed with Amazon. My kids were really looking forward to watching it so we all felt very let down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Annie, 28 Aug 2010
S. A. Humphries (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Annie (Special Anniversary Edition) [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
my grand daughters Charlotte 3 and Agatha 1 love this video and Charlotte sings with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Do it - NOW!, 4 Nov 2008
This review is from: Annie [DVD] [1982] (DVD)
Whilst watching this film a giant frog put his eye up to the window and tried to look at me, I can only assume this has something to do with the film and I will not be watching it again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmm!, 3 Sep 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Annie [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This version is nowhere near as good as the 1981 version, I think. Miss. HAnnigan is not as evil and mean as she's supposed to be, and having Miss Hannigan pretending to be Annie's mother instead of Lily St Regis is very strange. Some of it is just farcial, but the film is OK for those who haven't seen the 1981 version, but I would advise they saw that too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I thought it would be, 19 Feb 2004
This review is from: Annie [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This film isn't aas a good as I expected, i prefer the older version, it's really not all that. It's good but teh way they made thsi film (newer version) has spoilt the hole story line. if your expecting a fantastic film, I suggest you don't buy this film, you'll be dissapointed. If you still want to see annie why not get the older version or go and watch it at the theater.

4.0 out of 5 stars Annie compared, 24 Nov 2010
This review is from: Annie [DVD] [1982] (DVD)
Arrived on time and plays fine, however I ordered 2 copies from different sources and this copy, although stated as new, was not in cellophane wrapping and the DVD inside did not have original label so I feel unsure of its origin. I expected 'new' to be wrapped.

1.0 out of 5 stars Annie, 24 April 2013
No as I could not play this DVD in the UK !!!!! Total waste of time sending it to me. I did not realise it was a U S A import but would have thought the company would have realised the mistake and queried as this dies not play at all the UK

1.0 out of 5 stars annie, 19 Aug 2011
This review is from: Annie (Special Anniversary Edition) [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
this copy was all out of sinc, and half way through it would repeat the last scene and the only way to watch the whole film is to go to scene selection and select the next scene. very dissapointed as it was a gift for my 4 year old niece.

1.0 out of 5 stars Annie scratched DVD, 25 Sep 2011
This review is from: Annie [DVD] [1982] (DVD)
UDVD was not sealed, but stated brand new. Very scratched, so always freezing. Very disappointed and will be making a complaint. Bad customer service!

1.0 out of 5 stars Annie - Lost in Space ?, 29 Jan 2009
M. Racquet - See all my reviews
This review is from: Annie [DVD] [1982] (DVD)
I thought Annie would be a great Christmas gift for my children. So I put the order in beginning December 2008. Estimated delivery was 18th Dec 2008. Plenty of room for error. But Christmas came and went without "Annie".
So I made a complaint and I was going to receive an answer shortly. I filed another complaint.
As today, I am still awaiting there answer and the dvd "Annie".
This was also my last order with Amazon.

ARRAY(0xabdc0f24)