4.0 out of 5 stars Never mind the technical quality - just enjoy

1.0 out of 5 stars Great series - terrible DVD
Published on 24 Mar. 2005 by Mr. J. Mccool

1.0 out of 5 stars Great series - terrible DVD, 24 Mar. 2005
Mr. J. Mccool "donkey jacket jim" (devonshire arms) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Beverly Hillbillies [DVD] (DVD)
The quality of this disk is pretty appalling - sub-VHS, more like a bad VCD. Grainy, and poor audio. What's more, there's no attempt to put these episodes in any sort of order, or in any sort of context. What you get is a rag-bag of episodes from series 1 and 2. No pilot episode and no introduction. Newcomers to the series will be seriously confused. Which is a real shame, as this is one of the funniest sit-coms EVER shown on TV. Hugely popular in it's time, and deservedly so. It deserves a proper box set, with ALL the episodes in chronilogical order, and extras.

4.0 out of 5 stars Never mind the technical quality - just enjoy, 24 Mar. 2006
David Panter "davidianp" (Grantham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Beverly Hillbillies [DVD] (DVD)
I am the wrong side of 50 and remember enjoying the Beverly Hillbillies in my youth, I bought volume one recently to double check I'd still enjoy, Guess what, I did! OK, it's black and white and the volume is poor in the last episode on the DVD.. but sit back and just enjoy the content, it's very refreshing and I doubt we'll ever see a better redition of Granny - it's worth seeing just for her alone! I'm now about to buy the rest of the series. If you decide to try it, it would be great to read your review and see if you agree..

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Dawg! HILLBILLIES, 26 Aug. 2003
By A Customer
This is the First 2 episodes of the Beverly Hillbillies. "The Clampetts Strike Oil" is about how the Clampetts came into their fortune. "Getting Settled" is about how the Clampetts struggle to live in a sophisticated society. Both shows are 25 min long, and are black and white. I reccomend this to any Beverly Hillbillies fan! A MUST!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have for Brother, 16 Feb. 2010
Wee Vee (Bonnie Scotland) - See all my reviews
Just had to purchase this for brother for old time's sake. He was chuffed to get it and enjoys the Beverley Hillbillies very much

5.0 out of 5 stars HILLBILLY HIT, 13 July 2014
FAN OF HILLBILLIES SAW AS CHILD BRILLIANT THEN BRILLIANT NOW

The Beverly Hillbillies [DVD]
The Beverly Hillbillies [DVD] by Buddy Ebsen (DVD - 2003)