5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT
In Slovenia you can’t buy vanilla extract, I’ve tried to make vanilla ice cream whit cheap vanilla extract and beans, that you can by in every grocery. Let me just say, that ice cream with Nielsen-Massey vanilla bean paste was 1000 times better. A lot’s of flavor and taste! Also delicious in other desserts.

The only down side is that the...
Published 14 months ago by Petra Svigelj

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Sweet: Sugar is the Main Ingredient
Much nicer than the alcohol-based vanilla extracts, and forget essences: they're artificial.

Would prefer a non-sweet bulking agent, other than sugar. Very easy to use too much.

Price fluctuates widely on Amazon: one day £22, then £28 the next. Try deleting cookies for a stable price. Will not re-order until Amazon sorts out his anomaly.
Published 4 months ago by Trevor

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, 13 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Nielsen-Massey Madagascan Bourbon Vanilla Bean Paste 944 ml (Misc.)

The only down side is that the postage to Slovenia is too high. But I will ordered it again, because I can bake without this bean paste anymore.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lacking nutritional information, 18 Mar. 2015
red0209 (Newcastle, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I bought this almost exclusively based on the reviews here, and while there is no doubt that this vanilla bean paste is far superior to all of the little bottles of vanilla extract/essence you can buy, I do like to know the nutritional information when I am buying food products. The label displayed in the listing photographs is slightly different to the one on my bottle. The ingredients are listed as: sugar, water, vanilla extract, vanilla pods, gum tragacanth (a natural thickener). My issue is that in what percentages are these ingredients present? What are the nutritional values per 100ml? The only attempt to quantify anything is when you see 15ml vanilla paste = 15ml vanilla extract = 1 vanilla pod. I have my doubts about whether the amount of vanilla seeds present in 15ml of this vanilla bean paste does indeed equal the amount of vanilla seeds present in one vanilla pod. I would like to know how much sugar I am consuming, which is information that is available on the vast majority of food labels these days. Gluten-free and Kosher stamps are on the label, which is one helpful aspect.

If you taste a little of this vanilla bean paste, the taste is slightly strange, probably due to the combination of sugar and gum tragacanth. The consistency is slightly thinner than treacle, but certainly quite thick and sticky. It certainly creates a decent vanilla flavour when used in baking, but in future I think I shall stick to using vanilla pods. This may be a more expensive option, but at least you know for sure what you are eating. One very good thing about this vanilla bean paste, particularly when buying almost a litre, is that the best before date was two and three-quarter years away when it was delivered.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite product, 2 Feb. 2015
Love this stuff! Couldn't bake without it! Makes a real difference to my bakes, really strong nice flavor. A thousand times better than any vanilla essence I ever used and only slightly less potent that actual vanilla pods. Obviously they are the best but slightly expensive. I think this is very good for everyday use without stretching your budget.
This is a big bottle, so hopefully will last me longer. It works out cheaper that buying small bottles from supermarket and as I use to very often it's very helpful for me. My only " but" is that there could be a better pouring/dosing system? The bottle neck is wide and it's easy to pour more that you need and hard to stop it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Sweet: Sugar is the Main Ingredient, 22 Nov. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars The most amazing and strong vanilla flavour ever, 4 Oct. 2014
The most amazing and strong vanilla flavour ever.

Contains 20% vanilla extract and 2% vanilla beans. The rest is sugar and water.

The use by date is 2016 so lasts a long time.

We bought this to make our own vanilla syrup. It's come out great. The taste is natural. Delicious!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up, 12 July 2014
Great vanilla paste.

I've recently bought an ice cream maker (Cuisinart) and love my vanilla ice cream with a passion. I was using the 30ml extracts ... which ended up becoming an expensive habit.

Coming across this, I think my ice cream taste better with great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 12 Sept. 2014
Great purchase: the product is of excellent quality and really good value for money --just compare it with those vanilla essence 38ml bottles usually found in supermarkets, which cost around £1 to £1.50 per bottle.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality deliciousness, 11 May 2014
EllieB (Bournemouth, UK) - See all my reviews
A wonderful product in a MASSIVE bottle which will last a very long time. This works out at great value for money and a worthwhile purchase for avid bakers!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, 24 April 2014
Why scrape out vanilla pods when you can just use a spoon of this excellent product? Beware this is a very large size!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 28 April 2014
I usually buy the smaller 118gm size bottle, however; if you are a frequent baker this size is fantastic value.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›