5.0 out of 5 stars Really does the business
Published on 4 May 2011 by A. R. V. Riding

3.0 out of 5 stars smaller than I expected
I did a sponge cake but I it rose higher than the tin stands so I needed deeper or bigger and longer stands .. However, it is easy to use.
Published 13 months ago by HANADA

5.0 out of 5 stars Really does the business, 4 May 2011
A really great pan. I have used it 3 times for making chiffon cakes and it has been just perfect. The heat is conducted evenly to the cake and I have had none of the problems that I have had using other pans. The cooked cake also sticks to the side of the upside-down pan while it cools, as it is meant to do when making chiffon cakes, but yet it is still very easy to take the cake out of the pan once it has cooled. Now I can make perfect chiffon cakes so can let my imagination fly with trying out different combinations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 12 Oct. 2013
S Donlan (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wilton 25.4 cm (10-Inch) Round Angel Food Cake Tin (Kitchen & Home)
This does exactly what it says on the tin; it's a great tin for making angel food cake. Just taken one out of the oven and it's perfect. Light and airy, so springy - it's like eating a cloud!

As others have said, it's aluminium (so therefore very lightweight and excellent at conducting heat) and specifically designed for making angel food cake. Not bundt cakes, not fruit cakes and not run-of-the-mill sponges. It's a specialist tin - so remember that before leaving 1-star feedback cos your friend's birthday cake came out burnt on the outside and raw in the middle!

I didn't have the problem that others seemed to encounter with the label - maybe Wilton have listened to the feedback? Mine was held down with just 1 dot of the peelable goo that you get when you receive a card from your bank/credit card company - easy peasy to peel off.

Cleaning-wise, it's a doddle. It looks horrendous when you remove the cake from the pan (obviously encrusted with dried on sponge as you can't grease the tin) - but 30 secs soak in hot, soapy water and it just wipes off - no scrubbing, no marking the tin.

It has a removable bottom so there's no faffing, trying and praying that you don't rip the top of your cake in removing it.

All in all, I'm absolutely delighted with my purchase. These things are like hen's teeth to get in the UK - none of the major suppliers seem to stock them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Tin for Chiffon and Angel Food Cakes!, 22 Mar. 2012
This cake tin is absolutely perfect for baking chiffon and angel food cakes. I've read some of the American reviews complaining about this pan and was puzzled until it dawned on me that these negative reviews came from people baking things like fruit cakes and bundt or pound cakes with this tin -- but this tin is not designed for these other cakes! This is a very special and beautifully made tin designed specifically for baking chiffon cakes and angel food cakes and nothing else. It's a fabulous piece of speciality kit for my kitchen and I am delighted and proud to own it. It makes PERFECT chiffon cakes -- yay!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good results first time, 10 Sept. 2013
J. Cooke (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
I ordered this after watching the Great British Bake Off - I liked the idea of a very light cake and this tin did the job perfectly. I think my cake sank a tiny bit (my fault for opening the oven too early!) but it tasted great and I was able to stand it upside down as required in the recipe. It doesn't seem the sturdiest of tins but it doesn't need to be, the legs are sturdy however and although the metal is thin this helps the heat penetrate the cake better. I will be trying other flavour combinations and am sure the tin will last for a good while.
Only downside really is that it's a bit fiddly to clean properly but not impossible! I didn't try it in the dishwasher though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for angel food cake, 9 Sept. 2013
K. Spivey (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this one specifically because it is like the one my mom used when I was growing up. My angel food cake turned out just fine. However please be aware that the nice aluminum finish stains after use. Also the thing arrives with all these labels stuck to it and you have to have some adhesive remover handy to clean it off before you can use it the first time - very annoying, why don't companies use low-tack adhesive on items where you are going to have to remove all the paper bits!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 4 Sept. 2013
This tin is exactly what I wanted. Bakes perfect chiffon cakes, the feet make upside-down cooling easy, the removable section makes getting the cake out easy, and it is easy to wash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first class quality for making a perfect Angel cake....., 30 Aug. 2013
This is my 2nd Angel cake tin and it is of excellent high standard quality.
Provided the ingredients and mixture is correct, the cake turns out perfectly
in this tin.

Would highly recommend this purchase. Thankyou

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Angel Food Cake!, 16 Feb. 2014
The Wilton 10 Round Angel Food baking pan is larger than I thought it would be. They do produce smaller!
Excellent pan - specially manufactured for Angel Food Cake - so useful with its legs - it can be turned over once baked to set without worrying about finding legs or support!
Considering it was delivered to UK from USA, very good delivery & service - just over a week!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent cake pan, 16 Dec. 2011
This is an excellent cake pan for angel and chiffon cake.
It is made of good quality material. Looks and feels good. I have used it for my chiffon cake and it came out beautiful. It is very expensive, but if you need to make a nice chiffon cake, you will have to pay for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Angel food cake!, 25 May 2015
Lisa Haydney (Cornwall, U.K.) - See all my reviews
I love this tin! I have now made 4 angel food cakes in it, Ina Gartens black and white angel food cake being the best! There are little legs on the top of the tin because you have to cool the cake in the tin upside down or the cake will sink. Delivery was fast and free, one very happy customer!