4.0 out of 5 stars Making Perfume

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok
Published on 3 Oct 2008 by star mum

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok, 3 Oct 2008
This review is from: Perfume Laboratory (Toy)
I bought this for my 8 year old daughter and she liked it - mind you it only lasted for a day or so and the scents were not much to write home about. I cant help thinking that a good ol go with some rose petals and water has about the same educational level. i think that it could have had more scents in it - and more interesting ones too. These packs never have enough stuff in them and once they are gone they are gone. Mind you my daughter did enjoy doing it but beware - you may have to wear rose and mint perfume!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 23 Dec 2009
D. A. Downie - See all my reviews
This review is from: Perfume Laboratory (Toy)
There's not much in the box,but it's ok for a small present or a stocking filler.

4.0 out of 5 stars Making Perfume, 12 Aug 2008
Dragonseye "Sarah" (Buckinghamshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Perfume Laboratory (Toy)
I bought this product for my 10 yr old cousin for her Birthday. As soon as she opened the present she couldn't wait to start blending the different scents to make her own Perfume. I was concerened that there didn't seem very much in the kit, especially for the size of the box, however, several scents were made along with slime and pourri. Overall a fantastic product and educational.

3.0 out of 5 stars Oilfactory onslaught, 7 Dec 2009
T. Rokita (kent) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Perfume Laboratory (Toy)
I too was a bit suprised at how little was in the box but 3 girls aged 5 to 10 had quite a bit of fun mixing and measuring the potions (with my help) and creating the perfumes and slime. The reason I have only given the this kit 3 stars is because, despite measuring carefully the slime never became 'tacky' enough to play with and the perfumes did not smell very nice, faintly interesting at this point, but not 'nice'- the girls were dissappointed. Be warned, 3 weeks after making the perfumes I entered my daughters' room and was horrified at the bad smell- I thought the cat had sprayed but my youngest was wearing the perfume. It was so strong and unpleasant we had to wash and scrub all clothes and furniture that had come into contact with it. Wouldn't buy it for anyone else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect 'Girly' gift!, 20 Oct 2009
bluecat (Sennelager, Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Perfume Laboratory (Toy)
We bought this for our daughter's 11th Birthday and she loves it! She's made us all a little bottle of 'perfume' (even her Dad!), and made pink slime for her and her BFF. It's a fun way to get kids interested in a little bit of science. All the equipment you need is provided and the instructions are clear. Ingredients are sufficient to make lots of perfume and slime. She also has the Bath Bomb kit and loves having a bath with her own handmade bath fizzers!

5.0 out of 5 stars fab xmas present!, 13 Jan 2012
D. Smith (Hemel Hempstead, England) - See all my reviews
I got this for christmas and it is completly great! I have already made 2 perfumes and the sublime slime and not only it takes quite a short time to get the hang of it, it helps me with science too. One of the best xmas presents I got this year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Dec 2011
I really love making the purfume.
It's really sweet and fun to do.
When I first made a purfume it wasn't tricky and the second one was good because we knew how to make it and it was quick to do.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for a couple of hours - limited appeal, 9 Nov 2011
This review is from: Perfume Laboratory (Toy)
This started off well and my daughter produced some nice perfumes that we shared with Mum, Aunt's etc.

However, once a few perfumes were made, that was kinda the end of it. Boredom crept in and we ran out of bits.

It doesn't cost much I guess, but even so... It wont go down in history as our best xmas purchase ever..

3.0 out of 5 stars what a stink!, 13 Sep 2008
This review is from: Perfume Laboratory (Toy)
bought this for my 6 year old daughter who's just discovered the fun of scientific experiments and she loves it. It's basic and simple - and could be put together from bits around the house, but with the vials and potions in this kit they can just get on and have a go mixing and making; learning how to measure and follow instructions in the process.

5.0 out of 5 stars |ts very good, 30 Dec 2008
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Perfume Laboratory (Toy)
I am 7 and i got this for xmas last year. I have used it once every month and it is still here now it is now next Xmas so i have been useing this for a year I would rate this really good because all my family and friends really like it.

Perfume Laboratory