5.0 out of 5 stars Simply outstanding value
Bought this along with the SVA 2818, one for present, one for myself. Put simply, after testing I went for the Yakumo. Looks and feels better than the SVA (SVA still outstanding value though. Check my review for it on it's own reviews page!!!!!)
On testing, they were both on PAR with what they could playback. I tested the following.....
DVD
DVDR...
Published on 24 Dec. 2003 by Mr. G. D. Kelly

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok for 35 pounds
Well mine was ok, but after a while, the dvd player stop playing dvds..i've tried region 1 and region 2 dvds, but after a few seconds, the dvd player stucked and stop playing all the dvds i've thrown in. Yet, no problem playing the VCDs and CDs. Unlucky for me. Have to return and ask for a replacement.
Published on 24 Feb. 2004 by a1448202

‹ Previous | 137 38 39 40 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars great piece of kit, 23 Mar. 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Yakumo XL2 5.1 Channel Multi-region DVD Player [With Scart Lead] (Electronics)
This DVD really hits the mark £35 and multi region dvdr wow
works well slimline good easy to understand features
wish id bought two

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 31 July 2004
Yakumo player is good looking, and plays everything.
Remote has to be pointing directly at sensor, minor problem.
Comes with a scart cable, and arrived within 2days of ordering.
At £30, its fantastic value.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 28 Feb. 2004
D T Wilson (Huddersfield, West Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Got the machine and thought it looked great played VCD CD but will not play any DVD I have tried even a bran new Lord Of the Rings sadly the player is going back and reading the system for returns looks like its going to be a nightmare. ttfn
twils3

5.0 out of 5 stars Will it play RCE encoded discs?, 9 Jan. 2004
By A Customer
Does anyone know if this player will play RCE encoded discs? It seems to play everything else but no one has metioned RCE.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 10 July 2014
weak

1.0 out of 5 stars Very dissapointing, 14 Mar. 2004
J. Roberts - See all my reviews
I recently purchased a Yakumo XL2 DVD player for my sons 6th birthday as a surprise birthday present and was disappointed to find that the quality of it was poor and was not working. The front panel had a red stain all over the front buttons, in particular the PLAY button. My child had touched this product, this red substance was on his hands and I was concerned what the substance on this was.
Secondly when I connected the DVD player and inserted a disc, the player initially recognised the disk and displayed the title. When I pressed the PLAY button, the movie came on for a few seconds and then the picture froze. I checked this with several of my DVD titles and the same problem occurred time after time.
Thirdly, I switched off the product and unplugged if for 1 hour then I switched it on again. I repeated step 2) and the problem still persisted.
Overall very dissapointed and I was concerned about the safety issues of this product and will not purchase a Yakumo product ever again!

1.0 out of 5 stars Yakumo XL2 DVD player, 9 Mar. 2004
C. Etherington "stereochris" (Rainy City Greater Manchester) - See all my reviews
What a belting set of specifications. It did everything I wanted out of a DVD player, at the right price. But within a couple days in was on its way back to "Amazon"!
This DVD player started to "play up", it began to take longer and longer to read any of the discs I put in it and then it did not read them at all. Whilst it was trying to read the discs it sounded very noisy and a loud squeaking noise came forth from its inner workings.
I do know some one else who has one of these machines and they have had no trouble from it.
Just my luck I get a duffer!!
I have now ordered a Panansonic DVD 75 EBS, so we shall see how that goes. The rest of my set up is Panansonic, TV, Video, etc, and I have had no trouble from them over the years. I should have stuck with Panasonic, but with an eye for a bargain thought I, oh well, one lives and learns.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASY DVD PLAYER I EVER HAS, 22 Mar. 2004
I WAS SO SURPRISE THE DELVERY WERE SO FAST AND THE DVD PLAYER ARE FANTASY, I ORDER ON SAT NIGHT AT 1.30AM AND DELEVERY ON MONDAY AFTERNOON FOR ONLY £34.99 INC FREE DELIVERY, SCART LEAD AND BATTERY I CANNOT BELIEVE IT. I FIRST HAS PANASONIC DVD PLAYER MODEL (RV32)COST ME £179.00 I PAID 18 MONTH AGO AND NOW MY OLD DVD PLAYER HAVE LOTS OF PROBLEM THAT CANNOT READ SOME DISC AND CANNOT PLAY JPEG PICTURE ETC SO I THINK YAKUMO XL2 ARE BETTER THAN MY PANASONIC DVD PLAYER AND I TRY TEST EVERYTHING DVD-R, MP3, CD-R, CD-RW AND JPEG PICTURE THEY WORKING PERFECT. MY DAUGTHER WONT DISAPOINTMENT HER NEW YAKUMO DVD PLAYER, I WOULD LIKE THANK TO AMAZON FOR GREAT AND FAST SERVICE. I THINK YOU SHOULD GET ONE NOW FOR ONLY £34.99, DONT MISS THE BARGAIN... THAT ARE GOOD DEAL.

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent list of features...but poor build quality, 2 Aug. 2004
By A Customer
Had this promptly delivered by Amazon on the Thursday, by Friday evening it was packed up ready for returning. DVD player worked for about a minute - switched it on, saw it was working, turned it off... could then never turn it back on again - it just would not start up. Many people here seem really happy with this DVD player but my experience and taught me to stick with 'known' brands such as Sony.

2.0 out of 5 stars yamada dvd, 27 Feb. 2004
Having just purchased the Yamada DVD for my daughter I followed this by buying her 2 of the latest Disney DVD films, whilst her older discs played without a problem the new ones would not pass the language selection once English or any other was selected the that was it you could go no further. Discs were fine they played in my other system no problem. Would be interested to find out if any other users had this problem and how they overcome the problem if at all.

‹ Previous | 137 38 39 40 | Next ›