5.0 out of 5 stars Joyful, 30 April 2006
Pieter Uys "Toypom" (Johannesburg) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: French Record - Entre la Jeunesse et la Tendresse (Audio CD)
This music is a most compelling and appealingly tuneful mix of folk and pop. Unlike their other albums that I'm familiar with, the mood here is uplifting without the usual undertones of sadness. Every song is great, but my favourites are Entre Lajeunesse, Complainte Pour St. Catherine, Excursion a Venise (I think there is a reference to St Frances of Assisi), En Filant Ma Qenouille. With its heavenly harmonies and addictive melodies, this music is a burst of happiness and heartfelt joy. Their other album that I am familiar with, Heartbeats Accelerating, is another classic but quite melancholic. These two albums thus perfectly complement one another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of melancholy for all!, 9 Sep 2012
Mr. Peter Clarkson (Painswick, England) - See all my reviews
Whilst I agree with the above review, I would add that there is a sadness in the CD too. "Entre la jeuenesse", "A boire" and "Avant la guerre" show Kate and Anna in reflective mood. Possibly the best CD ever, its this one or 'Matapedia' for me.

French Record - Entre la Jeunesse et la Tendresse
French Record - Entre la Jeunesse et la Tendresse by Kate & Anna McGarrigle (Audio CD - 2004)