5.0 out of 5 stars Omron HJ-112 pedometer
This is a great pedometer and not only tells you how many steps you have done but also how far you have walked and the calories you have used up. Fantastic. Can be carried anywhere - pocket, belt or handbag.
Published 12 months ago by Mrs. F. E. Crane

3.0 out of 5 stars A reasonable buy.
Bought this model as distances measured in miles and not kilometers as all other Omron models seem to .O.K. but not as good as the Omron walking style 3 that I bought previously, which is much more user friendly in my opinion.
Published 7 months ago by Peter Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars Omron HJ-112 pedometer, 10 July 2013
Mrs. F. E. Crane (England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the average!, 19 Jun 2013
P. F. Cope "Pamandlawrence" (Staffordshire, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Liroyal New Multi-function Pedometer (Personal Care)
Over the years, I have brought a number of pedometers, none which have lasted more than a couple of months...until I got an Omron. My previous model gave me two years of daily use, and the odd drop until it gave up the ghost so i purchased this less expensive model which has no computer connection. It was easy to set up and I am pleased that it has imperial measurements instead of metric...just right for an oldie like me.
It seems to work as seamless as my previous Omron, and it's seven day memory is more than sufficient for my needs.
So far, an excellent product and with the normal great service from Amazon.
Update
It's now 10 months since buying this pedometer and all is still great in terms of function. I have recently changed the battery (got a pack from the local pound store) and only had to re input the time. The paint finish has rubbed a little where the clip fits but thats the only negative. It's still a fine purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Zero Button would have made it perfect, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Liroyal New Multi-function Pedometer (Personal Care)
A well made accurate pedometer with a reliable clock that I have had for about a month. As I use it for walking, it would have been ideal to have a zero button to enable individual sections of walks to be measured without having to subtract one reading from another.
It zeros itself automatically at the end of each day so we are not dealing with higher mathematics. It certainly records footsteps more accurately than pendulum type pedometers I have tried in the past.

The belt clip is secure but I thread the additional cord, which is supplied with it, through belt loops as a precaution against losing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, 3 Mar 2013
This review is from: Liroyal New Multi-function Pedometer (Personal Care)
This is a brilliant pedometer (and I've had a few!). I just drop it in my pocket and forget it's even there. It is really accurate and it has really inspired me to go the extra mile etc on dog walks. I love it and take it with me everywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily the best so far, 7 May 2013
This review is from: Liroyal New Multi-function Pedometer (Personal Care)
This is the first accelerometer-based pedometer I have purchased -- and I have had very many. All the others were of the pendulum type, needing to be attached to a belt or waist-band. They all worked more or less well but, sooner or later, they slipped off my belt, or the clip broke, resulting in the end of each one.

The HJ-112 measures distance in miles, and stride in feet and inches. It also tells me how many calories burnt, the equivalent amount of fat used (very little!), aerobic steps (at least 60 steps per second for at least 10 minutes, with a break of up to a minute), and a record of all these during the last 7 days.

My wife liked it so much, I have had to buy for her too :-)

Go for it. Not cheap, but not horrendously expensive, either, and it should last far longer than anything else I have ever bought.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Liroyal New Multi-function Pedometer (Personal Care)
The only pedometer I have bought that actually worked. Small enough to fit in your pocket or use with the belt clip provided, the screen is easy to read and the 7 day memory is useful. If I had one criticism it is that when you replace the battery (which seems to be quite often) you loose your personal settings which have to be re-entered every time, however quick you change the battery.

2.0 out of 5 stars One small thing, one big drawback, 30 April 2014
BruceB (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Liroyal New Multi-function Pedometer (Personal Care)
This pedometer is really neat, and, after setting it up, it works really well.

Trouble is, when you don't want to measure steps and maybe carry it in a bag, or if you have it in the car, it spuriously records data.

Also, if you want to record individual sessions during the day, you need to do a system reset and set up the time etc each time, in order to zero the counter.

I guess it is ok for the fitness mad, but not so good for those who want to measure individual walks. Yes I know you can note and subtract, but that is a primitive solution.

Also, there should be an on/off button.

So the seemingly small defects lead me to give this only two stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars A reasonable buy., 27 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Pedometer, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: Liroyal New Multi-function Pedometer (Personal Care)
I love this and wear it every day. It not only tells me how many steps I have done - but how many steps I haven't! It works out the calories used (and the fat) so I can factor in little treats!

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Liroyal New Multi-function Pedometer (Personal Care)
This item is brilliant! It is really accurate and very easy to use. Would highly recommend this product. This was selected as the best pedometer in a recent walking magazine. Omron is the best.

Omron HJ-112 Premium Digital Pedometer