4.0 out of 5 stars Great razor, but not a great improvement over the Mach3
I have long been a fan of the Gillette Mach 3 razors and duly tried this on seeing it appear, expecting some notceable improvement.
Published on 28 Sep 2005 by J. Brand

2.0 out of 5 stars Where's the blades?
Fine- Mach 3 Turbo but mine only came with two blades in total. Certainly not 2 replacement cartridges (normally a cartridge holds 4 blades) and not 1.?? a blade- misleading ad.
Published on 25 Nov 2010 by MSek

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great razor, but not a great improvement over the Mach3, 28 Sep 2005
J. Brand "jbrand" (Somewhere else) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Gillette Mach 3 Turbo Razor With 2 Replacement Cartridges (Personal Care)
Well, Martin Turner may have found the extra pad and ability shave "both up and down" significant but I didn't. Maybe it's just a style matter but I found it didn't add anything and was really just an extra cost for something that in fell and function was no different to the slightly cheaper Mach 3.
I suspect this is just going to be one of those preference things and by all means try it but don't be surprised if you find it no better than the slightly cheaper model. If you find an improvement, terrific, you have a better razor, if you find no improvement, terrific, you can save some money with the cheaper version.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great - but not the best a man can get, 9 Sep 2004
Martin Turner "Martin Turner" (Marlcliff, Warwickshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I'm on something of a quest to find the right razor. I moved to the original Mach 3 not long after it was released. It was a fine piece of engineering, the first three bladed razor, and, at the time, arguably the best shave going.
The Mach 3 Turbo introduces just one improvement, although it's a significant one. You can now shave both up and down, thanks to an additional pad. If you're like me, you'll find this helpful in getting a really smooth shave.
The Mach 3 really does live up to its promise - it shaves closer, and therefore you stay shaved longer. When I moved over to it I lost the six o'clock shadow (although I still got a seven o'clock shadow).
So, is this, like the advert, the best a man can get? In fact, no. That prize has to go to Wilkinson Sword for the Quattro, which, amazingly enough, is a four bladed razor (and British as well, but that in itself doesn't affect the shaving quality). I bought a Quattro when it came out and I have to say that I've never felt like going back to the Mach 3. The Quattro blades last longer, deteriorate less, and the overall shaving time is reduced with a better result (and less nicks).
I understand that Gillette are releasing an even better razor shortly.
We shall see.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best A Man Can Get, 21 Jan 2009
Caleb Williams (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
That was the catchphrase that became synonymous with the Gillette company and its fantastic razor range. The Mach 3 turbo, as stupid and corny as it may sound is easily the best and most comfortable razor I've ever come across.

You get those throw away razors that of course give you a shave, but they don't give you a genuinely close shave and leave you with a bit of an irritation after used. The Mach 3 manages to shave so close I found myself wondering why my face was still attached to my head.

It has this strip at the top of the razor that ensures as little irritation as possible after the shave. Gillette have always tried to surpass this great razor by adding a new blade here and there, but this simply can't be beaten.

One of the best razors I have ever owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
Good stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best a man can get!, 14 Jun 2014
Mr. P. Rolt (Nowhere) - See all my reviews
I have always been a wet shaver; but i have always just used disposable razors in the past. I was resistant to spend the few extra quid on a proper razor with replaceable blades.
Now I have used the Mach 3 Turbo there is no going back. It is a superior, effortless shaving experience. It's a pleasure to shave and genuinely reduces skin irritation caused by shaving.
Used alongside a decent shaving cream (this element of the wet shave experience is well worth the investment too) it creates a smooth shave with a great finish.
Marketing slogans are normally empty twaddle; but from my experience this is 'the best a man can get'!

4.0 out of 5 stars smooth shave, 29 May 2014
Bought for my husband who is always trying to find the best razor for his difficult stubble, so far so good he is happy and the blades last a reasonable time.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this, 8 Jan 2014
so cool and it also arrived early great present for my daddy happy with the product I will recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars OK, 31 July 2013
Good manual razor at great price, as always with these products the blades cost more than the product . .

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to Mach 3, 16 Jun 2013
I used this for many years, but then switched to others trying to look for a change, then, after six months realised my mistake, and bought another one of these.

If you regularly find yourself getting bloody after your morning shaves, just get these, they are very smooth, no stupid batteries and motor (it's a razor, not a chainsaw!), and there really is nothing better out there.... Maybe one day, we will find a revolutionary new razor, but until then, back to MACH 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the best blade on the market, 16 Mar 2013
You don't need anything else! Okay, maybe a few extra cartridges as they are costly, but on the whole this is the best blade of them all - so accurate and easy to shave with... it's a dream come true. Don't be fooled by the 'fusion', all you need is this!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›