4.0 out of 5 stars great fun, not fussed on the ending
I like a good comedy film that has a point to it and this movie delivers that. Gwyneth Paltrow is perfect as usual and her character reminded me a little of Elle Woods in Legally Blonde.

The concept of a woman pursuing a career as a flight attendant seemed funny to me in itself but it actually had me thinking of a career change myself!

I was sorry to...
Published on 30 Sept. 2006 by CC

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh, my how can Mark Ruffalo be SO FRIGGIN GORGEOUS?!?!
Aside fom the obvious yumminess of him, Ms. Paltrow always delights no matter what her role. This is a charming film. I especially liked Joshua Malina as the male flight attendant. I don't know if my laughter was genuine but I know my enjoyment was.
Published 13 months ago by BigAl82

4.0 out of 5 stars great fun, not fussed on the ending, 30 Sept. 2006
This review is from: View From the Top [DVD] (DVD)

I was sorry to see the last of Kelly Preston's character in the film, they could have at least included her in the ending.

And speaking of the ending, I liked the fact that we were given a warm fuzzy happily ever after, but was not so sure that Donna ended up sacrificing everything she had ever wanted and Ted did not have to give up anything.

They have lawyers in New York as well as Cleveland, i felt there should have been a compromise on both parts.

However, this is a good movie to watch if you're on your own and feeling a bit lonely and in need of a funny watch.

Special mentions go to Mike Myers and Candice Bergen who seems to make elegence and class look effortless in her movies.

Highly recommend this movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars thoroughly enjoyed it, 7 Mar. 2014
xxlittlewolfxx (a forest in west Sussex) - See all my reviews
Small town girl follows her dream
I loved watching this, a great cast and a great story
good for a laugh and to enjoy a bit of romance

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh, my how can Mark Ruffalo be SO FRIGGIN GORGEOUS?!?!, 23 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 20 July 2005
This review is from: View From the Top [DVD] (DVD)
I think this film was absoultely fab! I didn't expect it to be brilliant as i had never heard of it before and there hadn't been any advertising. I actually watched it in desperation as there were no other films but it ended up being one of my favourite films ever! Gwenyth Paltrow acts brilliantly giving the film a classy edge and Mike Myers, freaky as he may be definitely brings in the laughs! I would reccomend this film to anyone and would like to say that it is way under stated and is worth the watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!, 7 Aug. 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: View From the Top [DVD] (DVD)
WOW. i've gotta say, i've just watched this film for the third time and i love it. It is such an amazing film. it's so funny and it's a real feel good movie.
the only not good things i've gotta say are that Mike Myers, strange as it may be' is not that good in this film. it's almost like he's trying so hard to be funny that he acctually just comes accross as boring. the other thing is some scenes i've seen on trailers for the film arnt acctually in the movie.
deffinatly bye this movie if you like movies that make you feel happy

4.0 out of 5 stars DVD version, 11 Feb. 2014
This review is from: View from the Top [DVD] (DVD)
This is one of those films that you'd like to see released on blu-ray but hasn't yet, but nonetheless good quality for a DVD.

2.0 out of 5 stars a film for plane spotters and fashion fans, 6 Sept. 2008
This review is from: View From the Top [DVD] (DVD)
I wouldn't watch this film again so it is very average.Having said that if you're thinking of becoming an air hostess or like seeing sexy women wearing colourful costumes or you like Mike Meyers sense of humour ( I don't - he was austin powers - I didn't like that either! )then perhaps The View From The Top is for you.
Overall an average film with above average actors in it:gwyneth paltrow,candice bergen,mark ruffalo, christina applegate and others.
Plane spotters will love the photography of the planes flying above the wilderness.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, 15 Nov. 2013
This review is from: View from the Top [DVD] (DVD)
I quite like to film. but I believe it had so much more potential. finished too abruptly I think. If I remember rightly the picture of the box does not even show up on the film.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gwyneth gets to be adorable without the English accent, 23 Nov. 2003
Lawrance Bernabo (The Zenith City, Duluth, Minnesota) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: View From the Top [DVD] (DVD)
You keep wanting to dismiss "View from the Top" as a total fluff piece, but then something keeps happening to make you think that it is not that bad. After all, at the heart of this movie is Gwyneth Paltrow, and we might not really believe that she is a white trash trailer park girl, but we never forget this is Gwyneth Paltrow. More importantly, this is not Gwyneth Paltrow the drama queen, but one who gets to spend most of the film being adorable (without an English accent), and she can be pretty adorable (especially without an English accent).
"View from the Top" walks a fine line, because on the one hand we have some over the top scenes courtesy of Mike Myers as Flight Attendant Guru John Whitney, Josh Malina as Randy Jones male Flight Attendant, and Rob Lowe as co-pilot Steve Bench. Then we get back to Gwyneth as Donna, the girl with a dream, and it is almost like being in another movie. So there is a comic side and a serious side to this movie, just like there is the career plot line and the romance plot line between Donna and Ted (Mark Ruffalo), and just like Donna has her good friend Sherry (Kelly Preston) and her not so good friend Christine (Christina Applegate).
But the person who ends up being the lynch pin of this film is Donna's mentor and flight attendant godmother, Sally Weston, played by Candice Bergen. You keeping thinking Murphy Brown is going to make an appearance at any moment, but Sally Weston is exactly who she seems to be and as good as gold. She might be perky and the queen of stewardesses, but the lady is not stupid. You keep thinking this movie is going to turn into some sort of mindless romp about flight attendants, but it never sinks to that level. There are so many movies where our expectations are dashed, and the virtue of "View From the Top" is that it greatly exceeds our expectations. That puts it ahead of most movies today.
Be sure not to bail on the end of this film before the credits, because in addition to the traditional outtakes there is a production number by the flight attendants of Royalty Airlines. The DVD has has a trio of short featurettes, the best of which is a short history of Flight Attendants, including the famous paper dresses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Feb. 2015
This review is from: View from the Top [DVD] (DVD)
my niece cant stop watching it

View From the Top [DVD]
View From the Top [DVD] by Bruno Barreto (DVD - 2004)