4.0 out of 5 stars robbie rocks knebworth, and a whole country
Robbie Williams - the greatest showman of his generation. Just like freddie mercury before him with the ability to captivate a crowd. Knebworth see's him at the top of his game, with all the hits there, and fillers from escapology (me and my monkey etc)
Published on 10 Jan 2004 by ncfcprideofanglia

1.0 out of 5 stars Dodgy copy
Disc corrupt about half way through and i had no access to a printer to print a returns label..... not happy!
Published 14 months ago by miss tracie watts

4.0 out of 5 stars robbie rocks knebworth, and a whole country, 10 Jan 2004
This review is from: What We Did Last Summer [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
It's recorded across the three nights, which can make it confusing especially with the sunset, and the lighting levels changing constantly. For example because of the gorgeous sunlight on saturday, liz (lighting bod) didn't use audience lighting for let me entertain you etc.
Let me entertain you: (8 1/2 / 10)To many clever bits of editing for my liking, and switching between the 3 nights
Let Love be your energy (8/10) I've never liked the original but it's a lot better and rockier in this version
We will rock you (5/10)- Robbie screams over the top of the chorus, and it isn't the complete song
Monsoon (10/10) Robbie gets going, the tension in the middle is fantastic, and the walk is hilarious (you'll see what i mean)
Come Undone (8 12 / 10) Robbie snogging that bird in the middle loses the singing, do we really need to see it?
And now the real concert and audience interaction gets going
Strong (9 / 10) Audience singing tickles the spine a bit - and the intro is hilarious.
Me and my Monkey (9/10) Hilarious, i liked it on the original album (escapology) but this versoin beats it, excellent accents - but watch those facial expressions
Hot Fudge (10/10) - Dont' let the kids watch this bit - those dancers get 2 hot 2 handle. Great song though.
Max Beesly and piano appear
Mr Bojangles (9/10) Beautiful and simple ballad
She's the one (8/10) I dont like the song - but his word changes and interaction with the people in the crowd make u tingle
Max goes away
Supreme - (8 1/2 10)nice green lights and rock dj adlib.
No regrets (10/10) Beautiful song, beautiful reproduction, better than the album, no weedy guitar - and the last bit is shouted
Kids (9/10) No Kylie, but good backing singer, and white lighting
Robbie gets a guitar
Made up song - funny and brings Mum onto the stage then criticises her walk
Better man, nans song (8/10) Very good polished performance
ROBBIE FINISHES GUITAR
Feel (8/10) Sunday night, and robbie's starting to get emotional
Rock DJ (10/10) great entrance through the floor, and that lighting - we've been tryin to do it on our rig for weeks, im so jealous
Angels (9/10) Spine tingling, but not the best version. saturday nights was mindblowing and had me in tears - this didn.t
Overall 8 1/2 out of 10
Robbie's adlibs are the highlight of making this above average runthrough of songs - but robbie is no average performer

4.0 out of 5 stars After the show..., 11 Dec 2003
M. Shaw "Matt Shaw" (Newcastle, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What We Did Last Summer [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I went to see the show, and I'm definitely not a Robbie fan! I just happened to pick up spare tickets and heard the darkness and moby were playing... anyway, I was knocked over! The croud were cheering, and the entire show was absolutely amazing! What a performance! I watched it again when it was on TV, and was still amazed. Like i said, i'm no robbie fan, but *insert god's name here* it was absolutely fantastic! I'm buying the DVD for my mum for christmas, the robbie fan whom I went with, and you can bet I'll be sitting watching it with her! A must buy for any Robbie fans, and for people that are a bit uncertain, don't hesitate, it'll be the best live DVD you own.

5.0 out of 5 stars RW - 'A Better Man...!', 10 Jan 2004
This review is from: What We Did Last Summer [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
A FANTASTIC CONCERT, THE EMOTION CAPTURED ON THIS DVD!
This concert is incredible. The crowd just getting there stopped traffic for miles in the Knebworth area and down the A1. RW is full of energy and the band and his team are 'tight'. The stage is visually impressive with flame effects and despite its size (and RW's lack of size) RWs stage presence is truly amazing. So, if you want to be converted to being a RW fan buy this DVD. Even my dad (a former non-believer) is now slowly understanding what modern pop-rock is about. As a small tip play the game on the bonus DVD Disk 2 and you will get to see RW sing with Mark Owen formerly from 'Take That').

5.0 out of 5 stars What I did last summer revisited!!!, 4 Dec 2003
This review is from: What We Did Last Summer [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
OH MY GOD!! I WAS THERE ON THE 3RD AUGUST AND WATCHING THE DVD HAS JUST BROUGHT BACK EVERY EMOTION I FELT ON THE NIGHT. AMAZING! ALSO DISC 2 ALLOWS YOU TO PLAY A GAME TO ELIMINATE EVIL ROBBIE AND GUESS WHAT YOUR REWARD IS???? YEP...THE AMAZING RENDITION OF BACK FOR GOOD WITH MARK OWEN. A MUST BUY FOR EVERY ROBBIE FAN, EXPECIALLY FOR THE BONUS FOOTAGE OF ROBBIE DRESSED UP IN WOMEN'S UNDERWEAR!! I'VE SAID TOO MUCH ALREADY...GO BUY IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute must have DVD!, 28 Nov 2003
This review is from: What We Did Last Summer [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I went to Knebworth on Friday 1 August. Really delighted that the DVD is not just a repeat of the Saturday night performance but the majority is from the Friday. Rob was far more emotional that night than when I watched on the Saturday, and it was one of the most amazing nights I have experienced. He was sincerely touched by the crowd and broke down a few times on the Friday night. He was a little more used to it on the Saturday and played to the cameras a little more, but I guess that this was to cover heightend nerves from the live broadcast!
The DVD captures this amazing event to perfection. It has been noted that there are songs missing....every song that he sang at the concert is on the DVD...including Back For Good from the Sunday night with Mark Owen, which can be accessed after playing the interactive game on the second DVD.
It was a truly amazing experience that is captured totally by this DVD....from the amazing opening (Let Me Entertain you - which no-one does better) to the spine-tingling, goosebump-producing sing-a-long finale of ANGELS!
I couldn't function properly for a week after seeing this concert....so how Rob was feeling, we'll never know!
We booked to see Rob in Lyon in October as soon as we returned.....but the audience weren't a patch on the Knebworth crowd - they sat with arms crossed and just WATCHED!!! (We were even told to sit down as it "isn't the French way"!!!) No wonder Knebworth was so special....Rob fed off the crowd and the crowd off him!! I would think that this event could never be recaptured and if you didn't get to witness it first-hand, buy this! It will be watched till it wears out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Been there, done that got the T-Shirt - would def repeat, 7 Nov 2003
Amanda Quest (Lowestoft, Suffolk United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What We Did Last Summer [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I went to the concert on Friday and also watched the one on Saturday on C4. I have to say that live Robbie Williams is very very good and the atmosphere was electric. The Saturday concert, however, must have been a little disappointing as he seemed to be playing far more to the cameras than the audience. I will be buying it (well getting it for Xmas) as he is an excellent showman - I hope that all the bits that C4 must have cut out will be restored and so we can get the full "Robbie" experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Robbie Williams - What we did last summer, 24 Nov 2003
This review is from: What We Did Last Summer [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I wasn't fortunate to go to Knebworth, but I was at Murrayfield for the first night of the European tour. It was absolutely awesome. Watching Knebworth on TV brought it all back to me. This DVD captures every magical moment of the concert and will definately entertain you for hours. Warn the neighbours before watching it, as I'm sure you'll want to turn the TV volume to max. Oh by the way, Back for Good with Mark Owen IS on the DVD, if you look in the right place !! (win the interactive game and it's there)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest, Best, Most Fabulous Rob Does it Again!, 3 Dec 2003
This review is from: What We Did Last Summer [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
For all of you who were lucky enough to be at Knebworth---I'm so jealous. Since I live in America, I saw Knebworth via the Internet. Yet, though the image on my computer screen was no more than three inches square, it was unbelievably thrilling. I can only imagine what it must have been like to be there. For as long as it was still available on line, I watched instant replays over and over, even at work. [Thankfully, my boss never caught me.] I could not get enough.
The concert I saw on line was different from this DVD version. The DVD version is better in a couple of ways. The girl Robbie plucked from the audience "gets more" on the DVD and the "She's the One" couple on the DVD get Rob's jacket. Unfortunately, there's no mention of Mr. Trussle's butcher shop on the DVD version. A mistake, I think. It was quite wonderful. Thankfully, the game on this DVD is easy to play and reveals some interesting clips, including the Mark Owen reunion, which is relatively insignificant for an American who doesn't know "Take That" from a hole in the wall, but the song is quite catchy nonetheless.
I do have a slight beef though about the way the DVD's been edited. This was rushed into stores for Christmas, and it shows. Okay, already with the hundreds of thousands of people. I got the point in the opening shots and so did everyone else. It wasn't necessary to intercut every 10 seconds of footage with a lot of pointless crowd shots. I bought this for Robbie's performance. Presumably that's why all those people were there too? The "documentary" is a mishmash of meandering vignettes, none very compelling, apart from observing how flexible Robbie Williams's well-toned body is. Mmmm, that leads to a few decadent thoughts anyway.
No matter. I love Robbie Williams. I think he is the greatest entertainer -- ever. He will talk and Hollywood will listen. Mark my words. It's going to happen.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a performer!!, 3 Jan 2004
This review is from: What We Did Last Summer [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
First, I am not a 'Take That' left over (no offence meant!)and neither is the poor husband who was dragged along to Knebworth on the second af August. In fact, we are both far too close to 40 for this sort of thing. Both of us agreed catagorically, however, that we have never been entertained so well. Robbie engages every individual member of that crowd (including those of us who were right at the back) because he is LOVING IT! He carries the crowd like no one else we have seen (Bono excepted - maybe..)and this DVD captures the joy and sheer party atmosphere of that hot summer day. If you were there, relive the experience, and if you were not, see Robbie before you die and enjoy the DVD anyway. Rob- thank you!

4.0 out of 5 stars Robbie at knebworth, 10 Jan 2004
And now the real concert and audience interaction gets going
Max Beesly and piano appear
Mr Bojangles (9/10) Beautiful and simple ballad
Max goes away
Supreme - (8 1/2 10)nice green lights and rock dj adlib.
Kids (9/10) No Kylie, but good backing singer, and white lighting
Robbie gets a guitar
Made up song - funny and brings Mum onto the stage then criticises her walk
Better man, nans song (8/10) Very good polished performance
ROBBIE FINISHES GUITAR
Feel (8/10) Sunday night, and robbie's starting to get emotional
Overall 8 1/2 out of 10
Also the sound: exemplory throughout - well done guyz

ARRAY(0xa3636c9c)

What We Did Last Summer [DVD] [2003]
What We Did Last Summer [DVD] [2003] by Robbie Williams (DVD - 2003)
11.00